Cool And Wacky Suits...

Gaccha

I have a soft heart for the crazy suit styles of the 'Paul Smith' brand. But I am already too painfully cool to actually wear a brand name good (as well as too aware of absurd prices on the wallet). :P

So I ask this: what is out there which mimicks the wacky suit styles of Paul Smith but not the 60,000 baht price tags?

I am not looking for some illegal copies, I just want another company with similar inspiration.

Strange thing about the Paul Smith suits' wacky fashion sense that you can find at their Emporium and Siam Paragon branches is that it is not discoverable on the internet. All the images on Google are the regular, conservative stuff.

So if you're not familiar then take a look in one of their shops, and come back to me.

A website describes the suits thus:"Paul Smith himself has coined the phrase “classic with a twist” to describe his own designs which he bases on traditional British men's clothing that he himself likes to wear. His “classic twist” style is reflected in the combination of the slim style suit that he has carved his own niche in and a floral shirt or a brightly coloured or kitsch printed tie. Bringing old-style tailoring up to date with a sense of British Rock ‘n’ Roll, the end result often hints toward a public school boy turned bad."-- "A suit that fits" blogspot

I want to mix the look with a tweed finish and a bow tie that I think looks good on Professor Jones.

post-60541-034371100 1280222606_thumb.jp

Okay, I am all ears. :jap:

I know I could go a 'tailor' in Bangkok, but their reputation proceeds them. Hue city in Vietnam, which is crushed fall of suit shops is another option. They offered a Austin Powers suit there for 10 dollars. Smae quality as a Bangkok 'tailor'.

I agree, this is exactly what you are searching for! Very cool yet nevertheless slightly wacky.

Very British but with a slightly different 'twist'. Not an illegal copy and not overly expensive.

In fact I'm sure once you've started the trend EVERYONE will be wearing them.

Contact me for the exclusive tailor's address.

post-26955-004217700 1280231413_thumb.jp

Edited by hunglikea

Why not buy a Paul Smith suit now. I just got one of their Made in Japan suits (wackier than the usual) at 50% off. Ok it was still not cheap but they have some suits on sale at 70% off.

Their tailoring is superb and the designs will last.

Fortunately though, I am not too cool to wear Paul Smith.

Why not buy a Paul Smith suit now. I just got one of their Made in Japan suits (wackier than the usual) at 50% off. Ok it was still not cheap but they have some suits on sale at 70% off.

Their tailoring is superb and the designs will last.

Fortunately though, I am not too cool to wear Paul Smith.

Hat tip to you sir.

I will be on the next boat to the shop. That is good. I can only hope they can convince me that I am not too cool after all.

A slim-fit Paul Smith suit I owned when I lived in Japan was the only suit that ever had people say 'Wow'. It's just a shame I am too cool to wear one now.