90 Day Reporting In The South

dear visa experts,

Normally i do my 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai. If i am on vacation in the South, can i do the reporting at the provincial checkpoint ie Koh Samui

Or must i go down to Songkla's immigration office which covers the entire South Region Or must i go back to Chiang Mai?

Thanks in advance.

What type of visa do you have? I'm guessing an O-A? According to the rules I have read you must report to your immigration office of your residence. An O-A visa is not for tourism purposes... You could always ask at the local immigration office or Loopburi or litebeer may respond with a more definite answer.

Edited by Jimi007

What type of visa do you have? I'm guessing an O-A? According to the rules I have read you must report to your immigration office of your residence. An O-A visa is not for tourism purposes... You could always ask at the local immigration office or Loopburi or litebeer may respond with a more definite answer.

I have an Ed Visa.

Question:Must the 90 day reporting for Ed visa be done at the same immigration office?

I did ask an officer and he pointed to the map of Thailand with 6 divisions(1 for each region, 3 for BKK), and said for South Thailand, no problem, report to immigration at Songkla.

Is it true or not?

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers!

It has to be done at the same office you always go.

Are you talking about an extension of stay for 90 days or reporting your stay in Thailand for 90 days. The last one can also be done by mail, if your office allows it.

It has to be done at the same office you always go.

Are you talking about an extension of stay for 90 days or reporting your stay in Thailand for 90 days. The last one can also be done by mail, if your office allows it.

Dear Mario2008,

I have a 1 yr Ed Visa from Chiang Mai's immigration. I assume that for reporting my stay in Thailand every 90 days, it must be done only in Chiang Mai in person or via registered mail and it cannot be done at other immigration offices like BKK, or Songkla even if i try to rent an apartment there?

Thanks.

You are on a 1 year extension of stay from immigration based on education, that means you must study at a university.

Your must report to Chang Mai immigration, until you actually move to another place.

If you no longer study, you lose your permission to stay and must leave the country.

You are on a 1 year extension of stay from immigration based on education, that means you must study at a university.

Your must report to Chang Mai immigration, until you actually move to another place.

If you no longer study, you lose your permission to stay and must leave the country.

Thanks Mario2008.