Thai Public Health Ministry To Strictly Control Alcohol And Cigarette Consumption

webfact

"Prohibition could never succeed in the world in which we live. It simply is not possible. For it to succeed, people would have to be infallible, unable to abuse their own powers, and unable to defy the law. However, we, as human beings, are altogether incredibly fallible. We all rebel against something at some point. We all have our weaknesses. We all have our own sense of justice and fairness. There is simply no reason to ban alcohol, when any other substance could cause as much damage as it has, if in the hands of the wrong people."

This is typical Thai mentality, where they refuse to use other country's failures as a lesson in wisdom.

Just type into GOOGLE "the failure of prohibition" and the lessons are vast.

Will the Thai people ever learn, before they are passed up by every nation in the world, and become the lowest ranked nation in every positive thing; and the highest ranked nation in every negative thing?

This "I am better than you, and I will jolly well do it my own way" culture must be swept aside. Instead, Thailand can still save itself if it were to take a keen interest in the mental and behavioral shaping of the minds of their future generations, who will some day be running this country:

Literacy of 30,000 third graders substandard

...Director of the Bureau, Dr Benjaluck Namfa, said the 2009 national assessment has indicated that the ability to read and write of more than 30,000 third-grade students is below the national standard. The figure, however, showed a little improvement, given the assessment conducted last year found that 50,000 students were unable to read or write well enough to express themselves.

The chaotic mentality stupefies the imagination.