Retirement Extension Successful

I renewed my retirement extension at Nakhon Sawan yesterday in 25 minutes.

I got there at 10.50 and was the only customer at that time and 2 of the 4 staff dealt with me.

The only 2 problems I had were

1 Whey wanted a photo copy of 1 page in my passport which I forgot to do and they did on their copier.

2 When it came time to pay the 1,900 baht I realised I had only 1,800 or 2,000 baht available so I waived the odd 100 baht as they were so helpful and efficient and it was my fault for not checking before I left home.

They also reset the clock on my 90 day report as well.

They speak fairly good English and understood some of my mangled Thai

It is a nice place to get my extension done after the zoo at Suan Phlu.

:wai::thumbsup:

It's always good when you have a good experience at immigration. Seems to me we are hearing more good reports...hopefully this is a trend at immigration offices across Thailand. Yes, I know, we still hear the horror stories but hopefully they are declining--keeping my fingers crossed.

It's always good when you have a good experience at immigration. Seems to me we are hearing more good reports...hopefully this is a trend at immigration offices across Thailand. Yes, I know, we still hear the horror stories but hopefully they are declining--keeping my fingers crossed.

It seems to me after reading Thaivisa for several years that most horror stories stem from someone wanting something they donot qualify for or not having all of there info at the time of application.

Would have to agree. But there are still reports of those immigration offices which seem to have inconsistent/conflicting policies (ever changing) which generate bad reports/problems for folks. Can only hope immigration offices nationwide will oscillate toward following/implementing the same policies & procedures...a person can hope.

Wish it was the same here in Chiang Mai as Immigration always seem to be in total disarray when renewing l year stay of extention. Maybe worth a drive to Nahkon Sawan

Wish it was the same here in Chiang Mai as Immigration always seem to be in total disarray when renewing l year stay of extention. Maybe worth a drive to Nahkon Sawan

Unless I am mistaken (which I could be :huh: ); since the Thai Immigrations implemented the program which I call "Zone Specific Immigrations"; foreigners must go to the Immigrations Office in the 'zone' where they live for change of visa status, extensions of stay, re-entry permitz, etc. Example; you live in Chiang Mai or the zone which is serviced by Thai Immigrations in Chiang Mai and that's where you go. :) In other words, you can’t pick and choose which Immigrations office you go to for your needs. It’s based on where your address is.

At Changwattana here in Bangkok; they have a big color-coded map on the wall showing how the country is divided into 'zones'.

It is heartening to hear that the immigrations offices are dialing in their efficiency. I think a lot of it had to do with the newer offices whose staff wasn’t really trained with any degree of consistency. :D

I still read posts about difficulties in dealing with a particularly pissy immigrations officer at some locations. We can only hope as time progresses they too will begin to 'see the light', and operate in a more straightforward manner. :whistling:

I had to go to Mae Sot last year as NS was not open and that was a bit more crowded as it is a border post as well but the staff there were helpful too.

The road from Tak to Mae Sot is "interesting" at times. :unsure:

I have to agree with the OP as I renewed my extension based on retirement at NS Immigration at the beginning of the month and found the staff very helpful and friendly, as were the staff at Mae Sot last year!

It's always helpful if you know what you want and have all the right paperwork as this makes life a lot easier for the officer dealing with you! :rolleyes: