Crap News Articles From Pcn.

TizMe

Do you want to read these articles on TV.  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

By admitting that "We have permission from Howard" established a connection or affiliation of a business,personal,or working realtionship.One can only speculate as to what that realtionship might be.Thank you for coming clean and please excuse my curious nature.....Cheers :D

Do you have a problem with that toklong? :o

You sound like a "flamer" to me... :D

May I remind you of an excerpt from the Forum Rules...

'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, ...

I read it for amusement factor - come on lighten up a bit! Been a while since anything like this has been posted!! :D

Agreed.

Agreed, agreed :o

I used to get this type of questioning at work, about communications to the employees. We used to only give people comms on, what we considered "important" things. Now, we give them absolutely everything and they decide for themselves what they wish to read and what they think is sh1t.

Mr BoJ

By admitting that "We have permission from Howard" established a connection or affiliation of a business,personal,or working realtionship.One can only speculate as to what that realtionship might be.Thank you for coming clean and please excuse my curious nature.....Cheers :D

'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, ...

I am not a "flamer," I am a framer :D I did excuse myself to him as I am doing to you now,and I apologize. :D

I am not a "flamer," I am a framer :D I did excuse myself to him as I am doing to you now,and I apologize. :D

Apology accepted. :D

If you're going to quote the rules, then you've got to abide by them yourself.

Anyway, back on topic, it's obvious that there are quite a few ThaiVisa members that don't read the PCN, so maybe posting them in the Pattaya Forum is of benefit to them...?

/Edit - fixed typos.

Edited by Jai Dee

What PCN prints is not news - it is a partial regurgitation of facts.

There is no analysis, opinion, or attempt at elucidation. No context, no follow up, nothing about local politics, it is not news by any definition - you read it and learn nothing

There is no analysis, opinion, or attempt at elucidation. No context, no follow up, nothing about local politics, it is not news by any definition - you read it and learn nothing

There is no analysis, opinion, or attempt at elucidation.

News = Reporting

Look at Bloomberg, Reuters - as examples of classic News Agencies. They report facts and don't publish opinion or editorialize.

However, I know what you're trying to say.

Hey its great stuff

just read the letters to the ed of the patts papers!!

Nobodys got anything to do so any goss is good goss.

The really bored ones write letters....hmm and as for us TV posters!!!

Sorry, but I disagree with most of you.

If you went to any large populated city on earth, and the reporters only reported "news" from the police station then of course you will only get negative stories as this is where the trash of humanity tends to end up.

The "good" news can be found if only the reporter would leave the police station.

You don't find diamonds by looking in the sewer.

PCN do not just report bad news, the poster of the links chose to post those particular negative items.

The victims of these crimes also find themselves at the police station :o

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_30_06_48_2.htm hows this? :D

There is no analysis, opinion, or attempt at elucidation.

News = Reporting

Look at Bloomberg, Reuters - as examples of classic News Agencies. They report facts and don't publish opinion or editorialize.

However, I know what you're trying to say.

I was going to say utter tripe but then I read that you understand what I'm saying.

Reuters etc don't just report facts they sift and contextualise before doing so - this can be a political judgement in itself. If you just reported everything that happened every day it would be a meaningless string of nonsense, which brings us back to

PCN....

what one person sees as fact is not necessarily the same as the next..

e.g. terroists bomb subway or bomb explodes in subway...which is fact?

Bloomberg are highly politicised - they're capitalists!

Hey its great stuff

just read the letters to the ed of the patts papers!!

Nobodys got anything to do so any goss is good goss.

The really bored ones write letters....hmm and as for us TV posters!!!

Big difference between the "Letters to the Ed" and posting here, Snoophound. There is actual social interaction here. A letter to the ed is a virtually anonymous excercise of ego. :D Here, the writer is subject not only to conflicting opinion, but, on occasion, well aimed slings and arrows! :D

:o

GR