Crap News Articles From Pcn.

TizMe

Do you want to read these articles on TV.  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recent postings of all the petty criminal going ons in Pattaya prompted me to ask the question. Do we really want all this negativity and journalism of questionable quality added to the ThaiVisa Pattaya Forum? None of it rates as worthwhile news in my book.

Thai man steals 190,000 Baht in cash from his American boyfriend.

Canadian man assaulted by his girlfriend’s ex-lover in a Central Pattaya beer bar.

French man stabbed in the stomach during beer bar party.

"I couldn't give give a rat's ass "

I'm a newshound. I've got BBC News up several times a day, (as well as ThaiVisa :o ).

PCN is quite possibly the worst type of journalism I've ever read, but from what I understand, it's translated directly from Thai. That sort of gives it an interesting edge...

Would hardly miss it if it went though.

Its vile dross. It seems to try and paint a picture that the kind of thing is the norm for Pattaya not the exception. What Thailand needs at this moment in time is more positive coverage and less negative reporting particularly of this gutter nature.

If I were an investor in Pattaya this is the last sort of thing I would like to see day in day out. To put it in perspective could you imagine a similar media outlet from Benidorm or one of the other major resports on the Med during the Summer? It would be chock full of far worse than this.

It's like any other link/news item, if you're not interested don't read it. If I were planning on investing in any area I would certainly want to know what is happening there from the the top down to the "gutter".

I really can`t see what the problem is.

If PCN report the facts as they are presented to them then that is called news.

You can`t expect to only have published the news items which seem favourable to Pattaya, as this would then be an unbalanced view of the real Pattaya and we would be getting into the dark depths of press restriction and more government control.

After all It is quite possible that by making the public aware of these crimes (even though we find some reporting distasteful) the perpertrators are caught and brought to justice. :o

Recent postings of all the petty criminal going ons in Pattaya prompted me to ask the question. Do we really want all this negativity and journalism of questionable quality added to the ThaiVisa Pattaya Forum? None of it rates as worthwhile news in my book.

Thai man steals 190,000 Baht in cash from his American boyfriend.

Canadian man assaulted by his girlfriend’s ex-lover in a Central Pattaya beer bar.

French man stabbed in the stomach during beer bar party.

it is what it is losers paradise :o

Sorry, but I disagree with most of you.

If you went to any large populated city on earth, and the reporters only reported "news" from the police station then of course you will only get negative stories as this is where the trash of humanity tends to end up.

The "good" news can be found if only the reporter would leave the police station.

You don't find diamonds by looking in the sewer.

If you went to any large populated city on earth, and the reporters only reported "news" from the police station then of course you will only get negative stories as this is where the trash of humanity tends to end up.

The "good" news can be found if only the reporter would leave the police station.

I, of course, still live in the U.S., where news of this sort is the life's blood of some "journalists". The adage applicable here is that "bad news sells papers" (or airtime). There is the theory of some sociologists and psychologists that suggests that people subconsciously crave bad news about others because it helps them diminish the importance of the bad news in their own lives.

Then there is the "tabloid factor". I don't have to tell you Brits that there are certain publications that thrive on the negative. We in the U.S. certainly have our share of such trash as well. Don't intelligent people fully understand that the content of such rags does not represent the picture of the whole society? I believe they do.

There IS bad news in the U.S. daily. There are shootings, stabbings, robberies, rapes, etc. There is also a great deal of good news of rescues, donations to charity, adoptions of abandoned children, new friendships made, roads repaired, etc. Life goes on with the good and the bad. Most of it, in the U.S., in Great Britain, and in Pattaya, is good. People who choose not to believe that will do so with or without The Daily Mirror, The National Enquirer, or PCN.

I say, let them publish what they choose, and expect that most people have the good judgement to make decisions based upon the whole spectrum of information available to them, rather than upon one or two sensationalist sources.

George (Who is still moving to Thailand, despite the "horrors of life" revealed by PCN!) :o

PCN do not just report bad news, the poster of the links chose to post those particular negative items.

The victims of these crimes also find themselves at the police station :o

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_30_06_48_2.htm hows this? :D

Edited by Tapgow

PCN do not just report bad news, the poster of the links chose to post those particular negative items.

The victims of these crimes also find themselves at the police station :o

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_30_06_48_2.htm hows this? :D

Of course, the Daily Mirror and National Enquirer headlines for this story would be ... PATTAYA GOES TO THE DOGS! :D

It's just journalism :D

I wouldn't miss it if it went, but I'm not shying away from it either.

I'm slightly more upset by the major Pattaya newspaper refusing to report any negative stuff at all in high season. One would not want to upset the precious tourist :D

At least PCN is consistent in their rubbish, regardless of season...

I do kind of miss the sexy pin-ups normally associated with this kind of journalistic work :o

I wouldn't even give it the title journalism. Its just reporting. There is no perspective at all. Its utter dross.

Surely there is more newsworthy items for a news channel to report on than Westerners getting stung by their BGs (or BBs!) scraps and drunken tomfoolery.

To look at PCN it would seem that this is all that happens in Pattaya.

All a bit of a sick joke really.

To look at PCN it would seem that this is all that happens in Pattaya.

Yes, why doesn't it focus on the Pattaya Operatic Players production of

'Pirates of Penzance'

or Pattaya's German/Austrian Anschluss Club debating Kant's 'Critique of Pure Reason'.

...when they find time to unhand the cobblers of Thai adolescents.

Very valid point.

But its my understanding they listen to the police band radios.

They should start a Page Three Girl, that would stop all the complaints.

My point is that surely there are more interesting and newsworthy events in Pattaya than pissed tourists, naughty BGs and what various rotarian types are up to.

Well yes there are.

Over the last couple of days PCN have reported about the preparation meeting to discuss the celebrations for the Queen`s forthcoming birthday, and ........ a delightfully tasty news snippet about a night spent at the Tequilla Reef restaurant celebrating the 4th of July. :o

just shows what a sad lot live in Pattaya if you look at the poll results. Just a few weeks ago people were slating PCN/TPV/snitch for reporting and photographing the rape girl. Now you're telling him its alright to promote crap on his TV station. You can't have you cake and eat it.

I enjoy reading PCN and the stories they tell.

I may be a bit different but, I am not really interested in reading that the German Ex-Pat Club is planning a meeting on Wednesday at Klaus Knockwurst in Nakula.

Give me the dirt!

Forum rule number two states that "You agree not to post any copyrighted material" Its puzzling why this rule is ignored by some and not enforced by others.

:D

1. Credit has been given.

2. We have permission from Howard. :o

By admitting that "We have permission from Howard" established a connection or affiliation of a business,personal,or working realtionship.One can only speculate as to what that realtionship might be.Thank you for coming clean and please excuse my curious nature.....Cheers :D