Cha-Am Restaurants/Bars

tomwct

My wife and I are driving down from Korat for 5 days. We have never been to this area, so we would like to know some favorite restaurants near beach road in Cha-Am. We love Thai, Western and seafood. Maybe even a good Pizza. Also some places to drink beer in the evening. We are staying at the California Hotel!!! Thanks

Regarding seafood:

At the far north end of the beach is the fishing pier, and there are a number of seafood restaurants in that area. I have been to 4 or 5, and they are all quite good. Some are on the beach, some on the harbor, and some just in the middle. Different people have their respective favorites, but my guess is that you could choose any one and be generally satisfied with the quality of the food and the prices. They are popular with tourists and the younger crowd.

There is another seafood restaurant (unfortunately I don't remember the name) that is popular with the locals in Cha-am (few farangs). To find it, you travel north towards the pier, but fork left instead of right before the canal bridge, and then there is a sharp left hand bend in the road, and the restaurant is on the right hand side just after the bend. In my opinion it has the best seafood, and good prices. But that's just my opinion.

My girlfriend introduced me to the Platoo Restaurant not far from the Marriott but away from Cha-Am. Service was outstanding and food excellent. Nice breeze coming off the ocean. Menu was in Thai and English. www.platoorestaurant.com for the map to get there.

If you are staying at the California...you may want to change if you havnt paid. Although the hotel is normally a good option, at present there is major construction going on a few yards from their front door so a lot of dust and noise allday.

Medsai at the end of the Beach Road, opposite the Temple and directly on the beach is probably the best in Cha am. Food is fantastic, cheaper tham most places and also beachfront...it does get very busy most nights with well over 300 people. Just passed this one you go into the fishing village which has about 15 different restaurants, all pretty much the same quality/price wise.

As mentioned Aroy is good, although I havnt been there for 2 years and a few people have said it has gone down hill, which is why I stopped going, but still worth a visit.

Cha am does have a Pizza called "Cha am Pizza" they do take away also.

A new resort Raya that opened a few months ago has a very good restaurant with Italian and Thai food, its towards the South end of the beach, prices not too expensive.

Metavali hotel has a Japaneese restaurant, beachfront but is expensive.

Tara Montra restaurant near Long Beach do some special deals, I think they have one at the moment with Pizza and drinks.

Any of the small restaurants that are scattered all along the beach do cheap Thai food...35Baht up.

The main Narrathip Road that takes you down to the beach from the main road has quite a few Thai restaurants and food is OK and inexpensive.