Dental Insurance

beppi

My company provides health insurance that is otherwise acceptable to me, but excludes any dental treatment.

I asked if there's an additional plan for dental cover that I can take (and pay for privately) and they said "No, not for foreigners", apparently after asking their insurance broker.

I have problems believing this. Does anybody have experience or can give any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank

I was surprised when I received my plan info from LMG, it has dental and eye care. I have one of their top policies, I think it's called Platinum. So to answer you inquiry, yes a foreigner can get dental insurance.

Mike

Edited by ACMIKE

I was surprised when I received my plan info from LMG, it has dental and eye care. I have one of their top policies, I think it's called Platinum. So to answer you inquiry, yes a foreigner can get dental insurance.

Mike

We are getting mixed up with names here : The LMG plans are called "Mega" and the BUPA plans are "Platinum".

Thanks for the replies!

ACMIKE's post seems to refer to full health insurance plans that include dental treatment.

I am looking for dental only, as everything else is already satisfactorily covered by my company.

Any hints?

Thanks for the replies!

ACMIKE's post seems to refer to full health insurance plans that include dental treatment.

I am looking for dental only, as everything else is already satisfactorily covered by my company.

Any hints?

Sorry no "stand alone" dental plans - but where available only included in the medical plan.

Company plans : do think about whether these are a good idea. Example, should you decide to leave (or asked to leave) you will need to start an 'individual' plan of your own.

Should, during your membership of a 'group' company plan have cause to claim, then when you do apply for an individual plan these pre-existing conditions may well be excluded. Maybe be better to ask your emplorer for the cash benefit and to start your own individual plan?

That's good advice. When I've moved between jobs before (finished one contract and started another) I've been uninsured until the new place added me to their group policy with a different company. That's why I started the BUPA policy, and I've always kept the Social Security going, as it potentially covers some major issues.

Re the very good LMG Mega Series health policies, yes, they do have the option to add dental coverage, as an add-on to the basic IPD/OPD health coverage.

But to the best of my knowledge, you can't do a standalone dental plan with LMG.

To the OP, as another possibility, do you have the option to take out a standalone dental policy in your home country that would also cover you abroad???