Guinness Is Back

millwall_fan

Guinness is back in town and the black stuff now comes direct from Dublin. none of your KL stuff!!

Guinness is available at The Red Lion, The Pub, O' Malley's, UN Irish and The Olde Bell.

The price is 180-190 Baht a pint

On Monday nights at The Olde Bell it only costs 155 baht a pint and if you are a local resident you can sign up for a Gold Card which gives you 10% off that price.

Monday Night is Irish night: We've got Irish music traditional and modern,

Irish Stew and a pint of Guinness is 265 baht!

Come along for a pint and to tap your toes!!

On Holiday....

John the Englishman,Paddy the Irishman,Jock the Scotsman, and David the Welshman were all flying together in an airliner to Chiang Mai on their holidays.

The captain announced that they were losing altitude rapidly and that one of them would have to jump out to save the others.

"I do this for the glory of Scotland," said Jock and out he jumped.

"We need to lose more weight," said the captain, so David the Welshman shouted, "I do this for the glory of Wales," and out he jumped.

"Sorry,"said the captain."I'm afraid we need to lose the weight of just one more person."

"I do this for the glory of Ireland,"said Paddy and threw out the Englishman :rolleyes:

post-13-062742400 1280603355_thumb.jpgpost-13-013444000 1280603385_thumb.jpg :D

Good news - let's hope the Olde Bell now trains it's staff to give a 'full' pint as the Red Lion does - I used to drink there sometimes but they refused to 'top up' my pint to a full pint of the black stuff - leaving a large 'froth' on top - so I have not been back for a year or more.

I pointed this out on here sometime ago and to be fair to the Red Lion they now always make sure staff pour a 'full' pint.

How I wish they had those glasses with the 'pint mark' on to ensure we get a full pint - it's so expensive it's not unreasonable to want a full measure.

Anyway good news...

Good news - let's hope the Olde Bell now trains it's staff to give a 'full' pint as the Red Lion does - I used to drink there sometimes but they refused to 'top up' my pint to a full pint of the black stuff - leaving a large 'froth' on top - so I have not been back for a year or more.

I pointed this out on here sometime ago and to be fair to the Red Lion they now always make sure staff pour a 'full' pint.

How I wish they had those glasses with the 'pint mark' on to ensure we get a full pint - it's so expensive it's not unreasonable to want a full measure.

Anyway good news...

Red Lion - a full pint of Guiness and tasty fish 'n chips!!

Anyway good news...

It's not clear from your post if you mean we at The Olde Bell didn't fill your glass up, or The Red Lion. I would hope my staff would have responded to your request for a full pint. As you say given the price that seems fair. Equally I'm sure my good friend Kevin at The Red Lion would also fill your glass up. In any event, it seems you are now happily getting a full pint whichever establishment you frequent !!

Anyway good news...

It's not clear from your post if you mean we at The Olde Bell didn't fill your glass up, or The Red Lion. I would hope my staff would have responded to your request for a full pint. As you say given the price that seems fair. Equally I'm sure my good friend Kevin at The Red Lion would also fill your glass up. In any event, it seems you are now happily getting a full pint whichever establishment you frequent !!

The Olde Bell - when I asked for a top up they said 'the owner doesn't allow it' - but that was one year ago so I'll come along and check if it's improved. The RL always gives a full pint of the black stuff so I never have to ask - which is nice as I hate asking! B) not 'having a go' just my experience - as I say I'll try again - hopefully it will be the full measure and I shall enjoy coming back.