Apolets No Longer Available?

Dario

I have put this question already in the Health Forum, but I noticed that very few people have even looked at this topic, so mods, please don't delete it here, rather delete the post in the Health Forum:

Ever since my mother came to live in Thailand one year ago, she is taking Apolets (the generic equivilant of Plavix)on a daily basis. When I went to Fascino yesterday in Pattaya I was told that their supplier Berlin Pharmaceutical - since about 2 weeks - doesn't supply them any longer with Apolets. Of course, there is Plavix, but it costs more than double the price of Apolets and Apolets does exactly the same job as Plavix.

Have any other members run into this problem? Of course, but is there another way to get Apolets? Or you just all resort to Plavix?

Edited by Dario

Try another pharmacy, the online MIMS Thailand still lists this product, maybe Fascino now prefer only to stock the higher priced version, same when I went there to buy Clarid(generic clarityn)only stock the much more expensive version. Have the same problem with other generic meds, the pharmacists seem to think foreigners only want to buy the more expensive brands.

Dario, if you find an alternative let me know, as I would rather pay less than the cost of Plavix. Cheers L

lemel, I have found a cheaper alternative to Fascino, I have just sent you an email. How about 30 tablets of Apolets for 950 Baht?!

Hmm........even 950 sounds expensive. I'm in Malaysia and will make sure I have enough of everything before visiting Pattaya again! This very morning I purchased a month's supply of the generics for clopidogrel, statin, beta blocker and aspirin, all for the equivalent of 1040.

Just a comparison for you.

Dario, if you find an alternative let me know, as I would rather pay less than the cost of Plavix. Cheers L

lemel, I have found a cheaper alternative to Fascino, I have just sent you an email. How about 30 tablets of Apolets for 950 Baht?!

Cheers Dario, if you have a gold card then you get 5 or 10% discount at Faustaino as well but handy to know an alternative source.

Please share with us all...

JD Pharmacy at Soi 17 Pattaya South near the Diamond Hotel have Apolets and charge 950 Baht for 30 tablets. I called Berlin Pharmaceutical in Bangkok and they told me that after a 2 month stop, Apolets are again available and in Pattaya, the pharmacy at Foodland (1'250 Baht/box) and JD Pharmacy (950 Baht/box) have them in stock. The price indication doesn't come from Berlin. I called both pharmacies and asked them.

Edited by Dario

Thanks. Always good to know where meds can be found when Facino runs out.

Foodland pharmacy is always a rip-off. Ask any meds and they'll hand over the most expensive, imported, brand name they have. Ask for the local brand and they'll grumpily hand it over.

Foodland pharmacy is always a rip-off. Ask any meds and they'll hand over the most expensive, imported, brand name they have. Ask for the local brand and they'll grumpily hand it over.

But they always have a nice smile and it's SO convenient :D

But they always have a nice smile and it's SO convenient :D

They smile to you? They never smile to me, always a frown as I am disturbing them or something. Maybe you tip well :)

• 2 months later...

Hmm........even 950 sounds expensive. I'm in Malaysia and will make sure I have enough of everything before visiting Pattaya again! This very morning I purchased a month's supply of the generics for clopidogrel, statin, beta blocker and aspirin, all for the equivalent of 1040.

Just a comparison for you.

please can you tell me where you bought your medecins in Malaysia??????????

I buy now most of the medicine my mother needs (and that's a lot) at JD pharmacy. The lady is very nice and if you buy a lot you're in for further discount. I think I get Apolets now for 850 Baht. That's a very good price. No need to go to Malaysia.

The smart thing to do is send her a fax a few days before you need the medicine, as she sometimes has to order for you. She even delivers to your home if that is convenient for you, but I guess, not for a single pack of Apolets.