Atm

PST

Been trying to withdraw today,tried 3 different ATM machines,all declined the transaction,funds are more that enough,and my bank is telling me there is no problem their end.

Anyone else having problems?

PST.

I use both my UK Credit and Debit Cards in the Ayudhaya Bank ATMs and they have delivered the cash no problem. Is you card perhaps damaged a bit?

Card seems fine,used it on friday with no problems.

PST.

The machines may simply be out of money from heavy use on the first of the month by Thais who were paid on Friday. I had the same problem last month at this time and thought something was wrong with my card. Sometimes the machines, especially in the shopping areas run out of 1000 baht bills then the amount you can withdrawal is reduced because some of the machines can only put 20 bills in a single transaction.

3 machines low on cash on a sunday afternoon, by accident being the 1st of the month when "all" eployed thais recieve their salaries and pay their rent?

First time it's happened in the 5 years i've lived in Phuket,but maybe the case.

PST.

Well, it might help if the op provided more information. Atm card from which bank, tried atm's from which banks where, etc.

Now 5 ATM machines tried,need to withdraw 10,000 baht.My ATM card is an English one which i've used for years.Banks tried,TMB,Siam Comm,Ayuthaya,(orange and blue one?),and Bangkok bank.All,Kata/Karon Chalong.

PST.

Edited by PST

Sorted,with not really using my UK card that much,i'd forgotten that you can only withdraw once within' a 24 hour period (my bank anyway).30 mins after 17.08,no problems.

Panic over,and thanks for all the replies.

PST.

I won! I won!Thinking back to the first ATM I saw in SE Asia, I have to chuckle. It was inside the bank and only available during banking hours. Kinda misses the point of having one.

Edited by bunta71

Have you left your card on something magnetic or has a magnetic field. This can erase the information on the card.

Especially if you put the keytag of your hotel in the same pocket, that might be deadly for your card, since some of these have really strong magnets inside. You can check that, just hold the keytag next to some iron stuff.

Edit: Yes, now I read the solution to the problem. It was on the next page... :unsure:

Edited by hkt83100