Thailand Long Stay Management Company

There is apparently a company called Thailand Longstay Management company (TLM), supposedly 30% owned by TAT, that claim a lot of benefits to members such as leasing and rental benefits among others.

When looking at their website one can see that the e-mail address is to a person rather than to the organisation, and the website seems to be provisional too as none of the tabs work.

http://www.thailongs.../secondhome.htm

Siam Legal also has a write-up about this new phenomena on their website and they claim the old saga on 90 years land lease and ownership through the company route as legal through this "private" company called Thailand Longstay Management.

http://www.siam-lega...d-long-stay.php

I find this rather suspect as no private company can offer rights that violate the law.

TLM also claim extended visa benefits such as priorities at the airport immigration and more.

What do you think about this company that wants half a million baht in membership fee?

Quite strange... I mean your post

Would you kindly point out the page where they alledgedly ask for 1/2 million bahts as all I can find (I already had visited their website, even wrote and call them but they did not follow up) are reasonnable fees ....http://www.thailongstay.co.th/package.html

And they are not the same as the one who founded TE although it belongs to TAT

Edited by alyx

siam legal are a joke at the best of times.

At least the website look good. I don't know them and also never had to do anything with them. But how you come to the conclusion of a joke?

siam legal are a joke at the best of times.

At least the website look good. I don't know them and also never had to do anything with them. But how you come to the conclusion of a joke?

i know of at least 2 people who have tried to use them to no avail.

one wasted alot of money and got nothing, after 8 months of trying.

one of their offices had a semi permanent 'back soon, please call .......... for enquiries' skicher on its front door.

Does TLM still exists? I know it started just after the 2006 land office regulations prohibiting land transfers to partly foreign owned companies with nominees. Smart Thai business men played the fear among foreigners with company ownership. You could become a member with TLM for a lot of money, pay a high yearly fee and hand over ownership from your company to a private company and get back a perpetual rental. It suggested some government involvement but it’s a 100% a private scheme. You would be a stupid to get involved.

Quite strange... I mean your post

Would you kindly point out the page where they alledgedly ask for 1/2 million bahts as all I can find (I already had visited their website, even wrote and call them but they did not follow up) are reasonnable fees ....http://www.thailongstay.co.th/package.html

And they are not the same as the one who founded TE although it belongs to TAT

This is what is written on their web page under terms and condition:

Term and conditions of Membership

Membership Validity

Lifetime Membership Fee

Administrative Fee 500,000 Baht / Membership

4% of the property value Membership Transfer Transferable, re-register new lifetime membership Transfer Fee 10% of Prevailing Rate

Ok Thanks I cannot seem to be able to find it

The only thing I come across is a reasonnable fee for fast track but I might add that; last year, they never answered my mail when enquiring about it

For the rest I would not trust the proposal

This was introduced in mid 2006 replacing an existing scheme. It came amid fears of the changes in company ownership for foreigners at that time. There was a launch in BKK attended by sponsors, one of whome was the CEO of Samui Estate Corporation, a real estate company on Samui. For an initial payment, which at that time was over 1 million Baht, you would receive benefits that included help with visa, airport clearance and the main was purchasing property in perpetauality. It was supposodley backed by the then government but as we are all aware things can change on a daily basis without any security, so this any any other clus/memberships etc are best well avoided.

i thought that after the initial introduction and then the beaurcratic nationalist facists then took away all the property and land rights for these kind of schemes that thai longstay still is in business and issues yearly visas for those that qualify and are aged over 50, the TAT own it a long with the old traffic corner company listed on the set which has now changed names to MPIC a movie production company for major, so i am sure thai loongstay would find it difficult to attract a multitute of customers because of the competition with being able to have a visa for 50's yourself

a scam is when you pay for a year visa and not receive it so the op is wrong in his description, the thai longstay just would have less customers as it issues visas with the immigration department but those same visas can be had by indivuals by themsleves at various different prices, thats not a scam you recieve something that you are paying

and i dont have a thai longstay visa either , just thought the words scam are way over the top for this topic

Edited by humbug

...and i dont have a thai longstay visa either , just thought the words scam are way over the top for this topic

If you had looked at the second heading you would have found that I never said it was a scam, it was a question.

By the way "humbug" means fake in Swedish.