Fingermouse

I've got a second hand laptop, a DELL, which will last me until I get the one I want in a few months which will be probably the Apple I want for my movie editing.

The only thing I really dislike about laptops is the fact that they do not come with a mouse and that you have to control the arrow with that horrible pad which is like trying to ice skate on a small pond with rollerskates the size of televisions.

I know that there are small mice available for laptops but there is no socket on this Dell for one.

Roughly how much are these mini mice for laptops and are they only compatible with certain models?

I would rather have something that connects from the USB port straight into my mind, or maybe blue tooth connecting with an implant into my brain... then I would be able to "think" open a file, or "think" a command.... no need for double clicks then... gone wouild be the days of a clogged up mouse ball..

I live and wait

totster :o

You should be able to find a good USB laptop mouse for under 10 ($US) for the wired version and less than 20 ($US) for a wireless version (Logitech or Microsoft).

When you mention getting an Apple for movie editing, are you referring to the G5 desktop or a G4 laptop? If the latter, you may want to throughly investigate (try) it first, as its capability will be limited due cpu speed and drive size.

In the meantime, get hold of a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements (I believe you can still download a trial version) and play with it on your Dell. Its really quite good and much easier to master than the full Premiere version.

Have fun...enjoy :o

When you mention getting an Apple for movie editing, are you referring to the G5 desktop or a G4 laptop? If the latter, you may want to throughly investigate (try) it first, as its capability will be limited due cpu speed and drive size.

In that case I would go for the former. :o

When the time comes to get the mac then I will ressurect my thread about laptops which I started back in January.

Pleased to hear there are wireless mice (mouses?) mice for laptops, as for thought controlled mice, I would not want anything man made connected to my brain, and besides, it wouldn't be able to handle my mind and would overheat and short out within seconds.

I use apple wireless mouse almost all of the time when I use my PowerBook G4. :o

It's a Bluetooth mouse, so you don't even have to plug a receiver into USB port if you're getting a new Apple laptop (which are all Bluetooth ready). It's so useful that I rarely use trackpad, except in flight where I can't secure enough desk top space for a mouse. I only wish this mouse came with a scroll wheel though.

http://www.apple.com/keyboard/