Where Can I Find Offset Senior Clubs?

Godders

Does anyone know where I can buy new or used Cobra offset clubs for senior players (ie old codgers like me!)? They are commonplace in the US and elsewhere, but nobody in Thailand seems to know about them, let alone stock them. Yet, as a few games with borrowed offsets has convinced me, they are the answer to the senior golfer's prayers, compensating for low club head speed and making it much harder to hit unintended fades and slices off the tee.

I could buy a new set through one of the big outlets like Goldsmith in the US, where the prices are rock bottom, but I assume I would have to pay duty at this end, even if sent by UPS - and the last thing I want is a trip to Bangkok to haggle with rapacious Thai customs officials (been there, done that!).

If anyone has a full set of new or used senior offsets for sale - or even a part set, say driver and woods - I am definitely in the market. Or perhaps someone knows an outlet where I can get them. I have tried everywhere I can think of (including Taniya Plaza in Bangkok). without success.

Any help in making my twilight golfing years more productive would be much appreciated!

In Thailand, what we would call 'senior' flex shafts are generally regular-flex Asian spec clubs. I use Ping G15s which I bought in the USA that were fitted with SR flex graphite shafts. I have a friend here in Chiang Mai who wells Pings for the Asian market and he says that they are built for him in Japan. He says the regular shafts that come with these clubs are equivalent to my USA SR flex clubs and can prove it on a vibrometer. Your alternative would be to find a set of used clubs to your liking and have them reshafted...there are shaft fitters in Bangkok and other major Thai localities who can do this. BTW, I have a complete set of Ping G10 clubs--PW through driver--that I am willing to part with--all USA R-spec graphite shafts. Driver is offset & 10.5-degrees. You'd want to give them a try and continue using them as fitted or swap out the shafts with a custom selection. PM me if interested.

In Thailand, what we would call 'senior' flex shafts are generally regular-flex Asian spec clubs. I use Ping G15s which I bought in the USA that were fitted with SR flex graphite shafts. I have a friend here in Chiang Mai who wells Pings for the Asian market and he says that they are built for him in Japan. He says the regular shafts that come with these clubs are equivalent to my USA SR flex clubs and can prove it on a vibrometer. Your alternative would be to find a set of used clubs to your liking and have them reshafted...there are shaft fitters in Bangkok and other major Thai localities who can do this. BTW, I have a complete set of Ping G10 clubs--PW through driver--that I am willing to part with--all USA R-spec graphite shafts. Driver is offset & 10.5-degrees. You'd want to give them a try and continue using them as fitted or swap out the shafts with a custom selection. PM me if interested.

Many thanks for the info, but I'm really looking for a set of clubs which have their heads offset to compensate for the slice generated by slower swing speed as one gets to 70-plus. I already have senior shafts on my non-offset clubs. I tried a Cobra offset driver and woods and for the first time in years was hitting the ball straight, no fade or slice, and even found I could hit a draw! Hence my enthusiasm. Since I posted a golfing chum of mine on holiday in South Africa has tracked me down a second hand driver in Durban and is kindly bringing it back for me. Now all I need is the rest of the woods and some irons!!