Chefxp

anotheruser

I have been in BKK for 6 years and used Chefxp, "room service" before chef xp, and food by phone as long as i have been here. Chefxp is cheaper but the service is not as good. Seeing owner talk here about banning people and being defensive rather than saying sorry and what can we do to improve shows why service is not so good at this company. I have had so many screw ups from chefxp over the years, that i really only use them if i want to order from a restaurant they only deliver for. otherwise i would rather pay the extra money to get my food delivered reliably and i know if i have a problem food by phone will resolve it. I have written emails to chefxp couple times over the years about service issues and most are ignored. Certainly never got anything free!

Owner of Chefxp should focus more on how they can improve service and spend time on that, rather than spending time being defensive on thaivisa.com - Really interesting case study of foodbyhone vs chefxp and how better service can outweigh better prices.

JB

I have been in BKK for 6 years and used Chefxp, "room service" before chef xp, and food by phone as long as i have been here. Chefxp is cheaper but the service is not as good. Seeing owner talk here about banning people and being defensive rather than saying sorry and what can we do to improve shows why service is not so good at this company. I have had so many screw ups from chefxp over the years, that i really only use them if i want to order from a restaurant they only deliver for. otherwise i would rather pay the extra money to get my food delivered reliably and i know if i have a problem food by phone will resolve it. I have written emails to chefxp couple times over the years about service issues and most are ignored. Certainly never got anything free!

Owner of Chefxp should focus more on how they can improve service and spend time on that, rather than spending time being defensive on thaivisa.com - Really interesting case study of foodbyhone vs chefxp and how better service can outweigh better prices.

JB

I cant really comment on being an ordering customer with either ChefsXP or FoodbyPhone as I have a restaurant myself. We have both these delivery services available for our customers. And although I should not reveal it, we do get more business from ChefsXP, so I do guess that most customers go with the cheaper option. As for wrong items delivered it also can be that this is the restaurants at fault. Its a simple mistake made by our staff at most cases. Happens at both delivery services. Does not happen a lot though!

Hope the above helps and gives you a bit more insight

JB

I cant really comment on being an ordering customer with either ChefsXP or FoodbyPhone as I have a restaurant myself. We have both these delivery services available for our customers. And although I should not reveal it, we do get more business from ChefsXP, so I do guess that most customers go with the cheaper option. As for wrong items delivered it also can be that this is the restaurants at fault. Its a simple mistake made by our staff at most cases. Happens at both delivery services. Does not happen a lot though!

Hope the above helps and gives you a bit more insight

I would say its normal that sometimes things go wrong, it does depend on how it is corrected and how many times it goes wrong. In my line of work i make mistakes too, i think everyone makes mistakes. But its how you handle them that shows if your a real professional. Hiding or ignoring them would be the worst thing to do.

I am not saying this is the case at ChefXP.

• 2 weeks later...

Of the last 3 times I ordered from here, 2 times there was something missing. 3 weeks ago the coleslaw from bbq sandwhich king, and last night the wings from my bourbon street.

A suggestion to the owner is to tell your drivers to check the order before delivering.

More disappointing was the response from the girl who took my query on the missing wings.

First words is we need to check with the restaurant??? Followed by we will credit you the cost on your next order. To which I replied, no I want my wings tonight. Easy for her but she is not the one without the food.

The missing wings arrived about 1.5 hours after my initial delivery and the driver didn't look too pleased.

Time to up the customer service and quality control. Not to blame the restaurant for missing something-i am not paying the restaurant-i am paying you.

Cheers.

Of the last 3 times I ordered from here, 2 times there was something missing. 3 weeks ago the coleslaw from bbq sandwhich king, and last night the wings from my bourbon street.

A suggestion to the owner is to tell your drivers to check the order before delivering.

More disappointing was the response from the girl who took my query on the missing wings.

First words is we need to check with the restaurant??? Followed by we will credit you the cost on your next order. To which I replied, no I want my wings tonight. Easy for her but she is not the one without the food.

The missing wings arrived about 1.5 hours after my initial delivery and the driver didn't look too pleased.

Time to up the customer service and quality control. Not to blame the restaurant for missing something-i am not paying the restaurant-i am paying you.

Cheers.

About a month ago I placed an order for cabos Mexican restaurant around 1030pm. This is kind of the border time when some restaurants are still open and some closing, so I really appreciate the email verification system; if I don't get a confirmation email about my order, then I assume the order didn't go through and the restaurant is closed. I didn't get any emails after 20 min so I went for option B ; McDonalds...

The mc'ds and the chefsxp guy showed up at the exact same time and I payed 200'baht and 500 baht for the Mexican food. I ended up giving the fast food to the security guard. I sent an message to

chefsxp the next day, but never got a reply.

About a month ago I placed an order for cabos Mexican restaurant around 1030pm. This is kind of the border time when some restaurants are still open and some closing, so I really appreciate the email verification system; if I don't get a confirmation email about my order, then I assume the order didn't go through and the restaurant is closed. I didn't get any emails after 20 min so I went for option B ; McDonalds... The mc'ds and the chefsxp guy showed up at the exact same time and I payed 200'baht and 500 baht for the Mexican food. I ended up giving the fast food to the security guard. I sent an message to chefsxp the next day, but never got a reply.

If you don't receive an auto email, just ask via their online help. But they are typing with English as a second language, so mixups can still happen.

Odd that you didn't receive a phone call though. If anything is wrong with my order - the restaurant being out of something, or closed - then they call to make sure I know. In my experience, they don't leave that part up to emails.

yeah the online help is great to use but it had already closed as the time was close to 11 pm. so I just waited till the morning and then sent an email.

that was the only time i have ever had a prob with chefsxp an I would still order from them again

Have used ChefsXP for several years. Never had any problems. Food always arrived within an hour and any problems were notified to me via e-mail or phone.

I don't think the guy was being defensive on here..just stating that some customers are tiresome. Refusing to deliver to 3-4 abusive customers is the correct attitude for me. The customer is not always right and if he is abusive then I applaud any owner who will not tolerate this kind of behaviour.

It seems there are a few foreigners in Bkk who think they are better than the locals and think it is acceptable to dish out abuse. I have met plenty of these people in/around Thailand and they are very unpleasant.

• Like 1

Have used ChefsXP for several years. Never had any problems. Food always arrived within an hour and any problems were notified to me via e-mail or phone.

I don't think the guy was being defensive on here..just stating that some customers are tiresome. Refusing to deliver to 3-4 abusive customers is the correct attitude for me. The customer is not always right and if he is abusive then I applaud any owner who will not tolerate this kind of behaviour.

It seems there are a few foreigners in Bkk who think they are better than the locals and think it is acceptable to dish out abuse. I have met plenty of these people in/around Thailand and they are very unpleasant.

Amen. wai.gif

Bar B Q Sandwich King are now offering the Metro Burger by delivery.

Heaven.

Have to agree. Very delicious indeed :)

However, my favourite BBQ King dish is the ribs.... I'm a RibHead! :)

I've never had a problem with ChefXp either. Well I have, but they've always sorted it out for free and given me a credit.

Some of the complaints here don't take into account that the poor drivers dont speak (let alone write) English.

Nothing's perfect, but I've always felt that everybody tries their best at ChefsXP.

Saying all that, I'm the last person to complain when things aren't delivered in 30 minutes - I prefer stuff fresh and to wait a while rather than have stuff microwaved and at my door before i've put the phone down! :)

Heaven.

I ordered this after this recommendation and was unimpressed to the point id sooner a Maccy Dees, also having salad on a delivery burger isnt the best idea as its cooked upon arrival, but you can order without.

Chefxsp is a great company food always arrives within the hour.

Edited by Englander

Heaven.

Have to agree. Very delicious indeed :)

However, my favourite BBQ King dish is the ribs.... I'm a RibHead! :)

I've never had a problem with ChefXp either. Well I have, but they've always sorted it out for free and given me a credit.

Some of the complaints here don't take into account that the poor drivers dont speak (let alone write) English.

Nothing's perfect, but I've always felt that everybody tries their best at ChefsXP.

Saying all that, I'm the last person to complain when things aren't delivered in 30 minutes - I prefer stuff fresh and to wait a while rather than have stuff microwaved and at my door before i've put the phone down! :)

Not sure what you are on about. I assume it is a Thai speaker from Chefsxp talking to a Thai speaker at the restaurant, picked up by a Thai speaker for delivery.

Have started to use Food by Phone recently and so far impressed by the service. Bit more expensive but happy to pay that as long as the service remains good.

-Some restaurants we like seem to be only featured on FBP , Speed of delivery seems better than CXP (maybe they are less busy because of price), packaging and presentation way better than CXP.

In the end its good there are two of them in the market , I am sure each has their fans and a bit of competition does no harm!

Edited by wordchild

I just remembered one little niggling problem...

Chefxp delivers food in containers that are quite good.

Unless I've missed it, the containers are not being officially recycled.

When I first started ordering from Chefxp, I'd clean each container and into the cupboard they'd go.

But cupboards can only take so much plastic. Friends and maids as well.

So is there a plan in place to stop this mounting waste?

Is the packaging biodegradable?

If not, can they make the move to something that is?

Or at the very least, set up a return policy?

I just remembered one little niggling problem...

Chefxp delivers food in containers that are quite good.

Unless I've missed it, the containers are not being officially recycled.

When I first started ordering from Chefxp, I'd clean each container and into the cupboard they'd go.

But cupboards can only take so much plastic. Friends and maids as well.

So is there a plan in place to stop this mounting waste?

Is the packaging biodegradable?

If not, can they make the move to something that is?

Or at the very least, set up a return policy?

WoW you have someone drive however many KM's to deliver your solitary meal, yet you claim to care about the environment.

I believe the tree hugging musician Sting once had his maid drive 300 miles to make him a solitary meal so your not quite on his hypocrisy levels when it comes to your love of the environment.

WoW you have someone drive however many KM's to deliver your solitary meal, yet you claim to care about the environment.

I believe the tree hugging musician Sting once had his maid drive 300 miles to make him a solitary meal so your not quite on his hypocrisy levels when it comes to your love of the environment.

There's always going to be someone on this forum showing off what an asshat they are. Congrats.

There's always going to be someone on this forum showing off what an asshat they are. Congrats.

Im just pointing out your blatant hypocrisy about claims of caring for the environment, no need for the name calling. Besides its socially acceptable to shake ones head in bemusement at the "do as i say not as i do" double standards of lefties these days.

You should join with me and my ilk by realising that if youre a globetrotter who spends 10s of thousands on needless junk every year such as eating imported food, that by doing so, you obviously couldnt give a hoot about the hole in the Ozone Layer.

Anyway as a tip the Butter Chicken (Chicken Tikka Masala) at Mrs Balbirs on chefsxp is delightful, the best curry in all of Thailand imho.

Ordering from ChefsXP is often cheaper than going to a restaurant, and in my experience the service is much better.

For example, I often order from Sunrise Tacos using the service. Within 40 minutes, I have a couple of piping hot burritos served exactly as I specified in the order. I always give the delivery guy a nice tip.

One night I decided I wanted nachos and a few tacos so I went to order on XP only to realize that they were closed. I really had a craving for Mexican food, so I decided to order directly from the shop. The combined cost of the food didn't break 250 baht, but the staff tried to charge me more than 200 baht for delivery. I didn't realize how much the markup was at first, but I called less than five minutes later to cancel the order. An hour and a half later, the delivery man from Sunrise was at my front door and he stayed there for fifteen minutes repeatedly calling me until I unhooked my phone.

ChefsXP, on the other hand has never been late. It's surprising, as I live down an labyrinth of alleys in the Sathorn area. Even in heavy rain, my order is always on time. It's a godsend for a student with a heavy workload and a 60km daily commute.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try them for the first time tonight.

I ordered metroburgers from BBQ Sandwich King, its been over 2 hours now and I'm still waiting . I tried to call them and the only answer is that the driver is on its way.

When I check my order on their website it says :

Delivery time today is less than an hour

Yes I'm hungry and a bit upset. :annoyed:

I ordered metroburgers from BBQ Sandwich King, its been over 2 hours now and I'm still waiting . I tried to call them and the only answer is that the driver is on its way.

be carefull or the owner might bar you for your negative comment on their poor service levels!

funnily enough my delivery from food by phone (not from the same restaurant) broke all records tonight. Under 40 minutes from order placed to guy on the doorstep.

Edited by wordchild

be carefull or the owner might bar you for your negative comment on their poor service levels!

funnily enough my delivery from food by phone (not from the same restaurant) broke all records tonight. Under 40 minutes from order placed to guy on the doorstep.

My order finallly arrived after almost 3 hours . The burgers were a bit cold so had to heat them up in the microwave.

They tasted very good so cant complain about that.

But almost 3 hours and no excuses why we had to wait so long. Think I will try food by phone next time.

Today I received a mail from ChefsXP and they have decided to give me a compensation , 1000 baht in food for my next order .

Yes I did complain about the delays but I can understand they are quite busy on a Saturday night.

I will give them another try after this , their customer service is much better than I expected.

Today I received a mail from ChefsXP and they have decided to give me a compensation , 1000 baht in food for my next order .

Yes I did complain about the delays but I can understand they are quite busy on a Saturday night.

I will give them another try after this , their customer service is much better than I expected.

Ive got to give them there due for good customer service.

I ordered a Tikka Massala which ive recommended on here from Mrs Balbirs, which i order about once a week for delivery and i go there once a week for the same curry so know exactly how it tastes.

Anyway what arrived yesterday wasnt the Tikka Massala more like a very mild Korma, but id waited 30 minutes after it was delivered to pour it on the rice so i just ate it.

I would have just left it, but it wasnt the best curry imho, so i sent them an email saying it was the wrong dish and they called the restaurant and offered to bring a Tikka Massala out free of charge, (though wrongly Mrs Balbirs did claim theyd sent the correct dish)

Anyway the girl from the company done all that could have been expected of her, for a problem that was not of chefxsp's making.