Thailand Elite Card With 5 Year Multi Visa

I went to Aktiv Company Ltd., this morning, talked to a Director and Managing Director. Very friendly, showed me their appointment letter to be "Thailand Elite Representative".

Although the card as well is targeted at foreign 'residents' in Thailand, the main target are people not permanently here and the total number of 'local farangs' might be limited in the near future. Makes sense to me, otherwise you go four times a day for traditional massage, which is free for members, but paid for by the club. An occasional visitor takes the discounts for dinner occasionally...

Talked about political changes and agreed this can happen (albeit not so soon) The only changes in such a case would be a change of law in respect to Visa and land. All other privileges are organized by the company, so not subject to government approval as such.

Means in my opinion, you have the same risks as joining any sport- golf- or social club. You pay your entrance fee and be a member.

Visa: We all know it is a tourist - visa that allows you to enter Thailand as often as you wish over a period of 5 years. The ministry of interior with Cabinet resolution wrote respective notification into the immigration rules. So unless MoI and the Cabinet changes, this rule stands. Once you have the card you obtain 90 days every time you arrive. The immigration officer shall have the power to grant such request for stay. (Extensions, as mentioned b4 are possible against payment, prstly Baht 1900, if you do not wish to leave). One can expect to get after 5 years another 5 years.

A work permit cannot be obtained under this visa, it allows you, however, to apply for a Thai driver's licence.

I do not play golf, but believe the major clubs will accept the card. Negotiations willbe finalized shortly. If Alpine is in, I am sure all others follow. The mentioned discounts on TG are confirmed, and you still will get your mileage if you are Star alliance or Royal Orchid member. Free transportation to/from airport and special handling through immigration/customs is ok to me. Annual check-up at one of the mentioned hospitals. Discounts at room charge should be within the range of company corporate rates. (I do not need hotels in Bangkok for myself but have corporate agreements with many being better deals than offered by airlines)

Payment: I mentioned b4, to a bank-account in Singapore. This is done to avoid having to pay Thailand-VAT. (I love this, considering, it is a Thai-card) You will get a receipt which can be issued to your company in Thailand, means you can use your payment to reduce your profits and corporate-tax, if your company pays for you as individual or corp. member. (Don't ask me, your accountant or tax-advisor can handle this for you)

Land: Negotiations are still under way. Until the 10-rai land privilege is written into law, the company can acquire the land and hold it for you. (Looks safer to me than to keep it in the name of GF or wife.)

Guess these have been the major points. I went with a friend, who signed up with reasons I fully agree to.

a) He lives here but works in surrounding countries travelling in and out 3-4 times a month. It is safer for him to have the visa under the card than to come on the 30-day exemption for years upon years

:o He plays golf and can invite his business partners at a fee, of course to so many golf tours. (They of course will as well be impressed, when being picked up at the airplane's door, if travelling with him, and carried through immigration and customs without hassle. (Don't arrive as a single member with ten guests!

If you calculate in such case the benefits, you saved Baht 1 million easily in 4-5 years.

Myself will not sign up for commercial reasons. I cannot obtain the savings in a reasonable time. I do not wish to play golf, I cannot fly TG all the time going to areas where there are no flights of TG. An annual check-up is paid by my health insurance, (why release them from these costs?) Traditional massage? How many can I handle per day?

So, for me a return earliest in 7 years, probably later. I stick to credit cards and airline-mileage, keep my non-imm B and work permit or maybe PR.

That's it. I did the footwork for those of you who are interested. Feel sorry for the people I talked to that I give my personal 'no'! They have been nice and comforting.

If you are interested, give me a PM and I can advice persons' names and contact to whom I talked.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axel well done! You explained everything in detail which makes now makes sense. I am sure that everyone appreciates your efforts and research into this matter. I do agree with you that if the card does become popular than they will stop targeting the foreigners residing here.

Great point about the benefits for foreigners travelling in and out of Thailand.

Another great point about the golf as well. I suspect more clubs will join the bandwagon as well.

However, the most important point is the issue of land ownership. Yes, things can change with politics but I don't see this for awhile. TRT will win the next general election. But I agree with you 100% that it is much better than putting title in your GF's name.

Also, I am with you on the point should I apply for PR? This will exempt me from applying for card.

I think that the card will be benefical to some or not to others.

Great job. Once again, this forum comes through with providing unbiased information.

The VAT explanation makes sense and now I understand the Singapore banking connection. This will probably also provide more secrecy to the individuals transferring funds their off shore (tax protected) bank accounts. I am sure the IRS can get banking details and information very easily about individuals in Thailand.

I think we should use Axel to help Mooq look for that house on Chao Phraya River!

:o

I did not read anything that states TAT is involved in it. It is losing credability each time I hear more of it. How can you sale something that you promote free golf when they cannot say they even have arrangements with courses yet. They avoid paying taxes is a very good reason for this beinging nothing more than selling an idea from the way I read it( alot of small print in this one I bet). Things used are billed to this company with the bank account in Singapore ( it is only a credit card being billed to this company bank in singapore is what it sounds like, making your own special deals could be better when you need them). Now said, they pick you up at the plane and before it was said you will get into a special line for this card only for no delays at immigration. To many conflicting statements

so far. This seems to be operated in the same manner boiler room and conmen operate in. Until this company involved in this puts a bond up no one should consider buying this. Also a letter from the government authorizing it would be a must from a ministery of immigration and business and others. To many loose ends on this for now. Do you have to leave country every 90 days, this is still not clear?

If this card is as successful as the 30 bath health care plan, I won't give it too much time before it dies.

So far, we have no list of hotels offering the discount, no list of golf courses offering the free services, no list of the MP place, etc...

their website is one big Flash movie, a total disaster for communicating on the web

That duck does not fly and I won't be surprised that in a few weeks we found out it was a scam. The Singapore Bank account is a major red flag. The VAT thing is total BS. They could ask the government to waive the VAT on that card like they do for the VAT refund on all items bought in Thailand.

It seems that most if not all people posting their negative comments regarding this program are clearly not the type of person this program is targeted at.

If you have to ask questions like "what guarantees do I have this is valid for the rest of my life" and "how will I earn my $25k back" then this program is clearly not for you. Posting negative comments about a program that does not apply to you and which you probably can't comfortably afford to join is really not constructive.

If I fly I fly first class, not with the cheapest airline but with the one that I prefer and leaves at a time that is convenient for me. If I book accomodation I book a suite with a well known 5 star hotel chain. Not because it's good value but because it's convenient and comfortable.

Hassle free visas? Fast track immigration? Airport transfers? I will gladly pay $25k for that. I already made an appointment and will probably buy a membership...

Not because it's good value but because it's convenient and comfortable.

To the person who said most rich people are crooks, you should consider North Korea instead of Thailand, the government there shares you ideology :o

I think at least some of us

are interested and just making comments on the flim flam way this Elite card

is being peddled. My flight is not that long nor my body to big for a seat on a plane that will get me to thailand a few seconds after the first class seat ( I do not need to feed my ego until i touch down, I know I am a hansom man and not a kenow person, or how ever it is said). I would like to think

exchanges of our views, negative or positive is informative for those interested.

Getting value is what we are concerned with and getting what we pay for at the price being asked is fair. Trying to sell an idea which is being done now more or less gives a clue on what you may expect in the future ( nothing). Letting this company

conduct itself as is being done with the pretense it is government approved already is not wise. Glad to see you will sign up but when the real company that does get the approval to offer what they say, is not this one lobbying for sign ups,

you may just thank some of us. These people advertising these ideas are only trying to show they should be the ones to offer this ( they are in it for the possible profit and have nothing to do with the government). I think Butterfly said it right

if the government is behind this why do they not just waive the VAT. Maybe the government has no idea of who this company is or what they are advertising.

Many of us that can afford this do not worry about the visas anyways, their is plenty of world to see and maybe we are just holding out for them to add the all flights will be by private plane for each of us that buy the card ( don't settle for 1 first class seat). As stated it will be up to the immigration person on duty if they honor this card was mentioned. So far I see this nothing more than a line of credit from these people using your money. 25G to offer dicounts that are availible for free is no value at all. They still have not offered a free drink at cheap charlies just off suk soi 11 so we know they have more to offer. So I will just keep asking and commenting. If they want me to continue to spend U.S.$ 2000 a week on average as I have done for many years now while in Thailand I am sure a visa will be provided without this card, if not I have other places to see so no big loss.

Maybe the government has no idea of who this company is or what they are advertising.

BANGKOK, THAILAND - AP World News via NewsEdge Corporation : In a unique scheme to boost its tourism image, Thailand on Wednesday honored 80 wealthy and eminent foreigners who paid US$25,000 each to secure a lifetime of privileges in Southeast Asia's most popular tourist destination.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra handed over "Thailand Elite" cards to millionaires and top business executives from around the world, saying they are now members of an extraordinary club known as the Kingdom of Thailand.

"Our 'Thailand Elite' program is the world's first country membership club," Thaksin said in a speech to launch the program, attended by several of the 80 well-heeled guests who elected to buy membership.

Cardholders will receive discounts and freebies at many of Thailand's finest hotels, spas and golf courses. They will also pocket a five-year multiple-entry visa and benefit from fast-track customs and immigration procedures at Bangkok's international airport.

Foreigners are largely prohibited from buying land in Thailand, but elite cardholders will be permitted to buy property in their favorite seaside towns.

"Now let's face it, no matter what our ethnic, religious, financial or social standing, we all want a bargain _ more value for money. And what better way of getting a special deal than through membership in an extraordinary membership club," Thaksin said.

The inaugural cardholders _ nearly half of whom are Chinese _ include executives from Bank of New York, Mitsubishi Corp. and Japan External Trade Organization.

Besides the credit-card sized black-and-gold cards, Thaksin also gave them a ceremonial palm leaf fan, usually associated with the royal family and high society.

The government hopes the scheme will promote Thailand _ already a haven for backpackers and middle class tourists _ as a high-end destination and give momentum to its expanding economy. Last year, Thailand attracted 11 million tourists, the highest number in Southeast Asia.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand expects to sell about 1,000 of the cards by the end of the year and ten times that number next year. Applicants will be checked against international criminal watch lists, officials say.

The card costs US$25,000 for individual lifetime membership or US$50,000 for 30-year corporate membership.

It will be marketed around the world by select travel agents.

The scheme is "working quite well. What they are doing is allowing agents to sell it at a nice commission. They are deliberately targeting a high-end market," said David Gillbanks of Pacific Asia Travel Association, an industry promotion group.

Thaksin said Thailand's tourist arrivals are down about 10 percent this year compared to 2002 because of the SARS epidemic, but the government expects an overall increase of 13.5 percent by the end of 2004 and a 17.4 percent increase in tourism revenues.

"We want to open our doors wider to those who already appreciate, already partake of our hospitality," he said.

so he gave away cards that are suppose to be worth something ? where, when and what. Was these given away in Singapore. The multi entry visa is availible at

consulates already at far less prices. I have a card for 50% off golf on the courses I play already and it was 700 baht and is good for 5 years. Has anyone seen a hotel or golf course that says use your elite card here. Unless Mr Shinawatra is with you at the airport will there be a problem finding this fast track

immigration place. Maybe it may be good at the golf course at the airport which you can check in at the amari there and walk across the runway and play a game

bypassing customs all together just jump on the baggage pickup truck. I would not buy a vehicle without knowing what it is and where it is first. Tell KFC I told you

that you will get free meals I am the Col. or do you need this in the news first.

This article was a while back you posted right? for sure someone should have info on where and how you can use these privileges

The scheme is "working quite well. What they are doing is allowing agents to sell it at a nice commission. They are deliberately targeting a high-end market," said David Gillbanks of Pacific Asia Travel Association, an industry promotion group.

hardly a glowing endorsement from a promotional group.

Guest IT Manager

I think at the end of the day, people who live here won't be encouraged to buy it for numerous reasons.

People who live here won't want to buy it also for numerous reasons.

TAT are involved at the periphery only, so they aren't an issue, but after Axels post I can certainly understand how someone who border hops could see it as a viable option. If on a Non-B, can't see the benefit.

Best target demographic IMHO would be corporates who have an office here and want senior management to visit that office more often, with reduced costs and the possibility of writing the entire visit off to tax, outside Thailand.

I see it very relaxed, and said already I will not buy at this moment because for me personally the returns are not attractive enough.

Other people might see it different and find it attractive.

Dion posted in this forum the address as:

Contact Person Puttapon Bovonpanich (Dion)

Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited

C/O Tourism Authority of Thailand (4th floor)

From this I deduct TPC is c/o TAT. This can mean, same address, same office location. I am not a lawyer but believe it does not mean it is TAT, legal wise.

As said, I did talk to Aktiv Co Ltd., who are Representatives of Thailand Elite. Nice people, nice explanations and an open talk, which included, that one cannot publish yet full details, as negotiations with hotels and golf clubs as well as other prospective parties are not signed as agreements, yet. I leave it at that. One might wish to wait, perhaps by that time the price goes up? :D

1000 cards to be sold by the end of this year, I personally doubt it, at this moment should be between 2-300.

Pick up service was explained that you have to call at least 1 day in advance. You will be picked up at your place of stay and driven to the airport. You and your luggage will be checked in with your carrier and you will be moved to the departure lounge through the fast lane at immigration. An electric-car will drop you either at the departure gate, or more likely at the airline lounge or in the shopping area.

On return, you will be picked up at the airplane's gate and moved to VIP lounge. You get service at immigration fast track, luggage and customs. Subsequently the free transfer to Bangkok or Chiang Mai. (It works for international airports, only, and no, I did not ask for Phuket)

One point was mentioned by Khun ? on the immigration.

The power to grant entry is always with the immigration officer, means you arrive e.g. as tourist with no visa and that officer can deny you entry. (Sure he will consult a superior and some procedure starts) In practise this nearly never happens.

For card holders the rulings, however, have been changed to the effect that

"An alien obtaining Thailand Elite card shall enter into the Kingdom in a special case with conditions and be exempted from compliance with Immigration Act B E 2522 in cases stipulated herein."

Quoted this part from the pamphlet, too long to type all the legalese and the Acts here, but the entitles you to obtain special entry visa from Royal Thai embassy (consulate) of from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Immigration office. Such visa gives you entry for the period of 5 years (no visa fee). Every time you enter, you get 90 days.

I read from this, you use your card to get your 5 years' visa, free of charge, not to show your card at entry.

Once you arrive here they give you 90 days. If you stay longer, you go to the immigration and they give you another 90 days, but you have to pay (prstly Baht 1900).

The discounts IMO are great, you (will) have a big choice of golf clubs to play and save the green fees and the member ship fee.

I said it, I don't play so do not check this too deeply.

If you like to pay the fee to be a VIP, ride the electric car and go through fast lanes; If you like to fly TG, do it. The discounts on hotels and food need to be seen, personally I doubt any better than what you get with other promotions.

The discounts on TG (25% F and C-class) or buy one get one free seem to me to be ok. But again, such discount are usually on the published fares. If you want to take your partner, just ask your travel agent what's up. There are always some airlines offering buy 1 get one free (minimum C-class) and there are always deals on F and C-class by some airlines.

Now, to avoid a mis-understanding. I posted in this threat for us members, and thanks for some encouraging words in here. I have no personal interest, except for some time was studying the proposal and it's pro and cons for myself.

The Prime Minister had the idea and implemented it. The company handling and appointed other sales agents are in my feeling private companies, (I did not check the shareholders and will not) who expect a profit as well. Certain credit I do give to the connection of TPC, TAT, Immigration which is a reason, it is not a scam.

However, IMHO it is a club, albeit an expensive one, which is a commercial operation that can be successful or not.

10 years ago I bought a membership fee in a club in Bangkok because they were associated with a club-management company I knew. This gave me access to associated clubs around the world some advantages in BKK a.s.o.

A few years later the local management decided they can manage better, discontinued the management contract. Gone were the professionals, chiefly Swiss, Germans and Brits here in BKK. Gone were many more things, as the management has to safe and I am still a member, because nobody wants to buy my card. In hind sight, I made a mistake or did I?

I compare my experience with this club with the Elite Club proposal. To the first one I paid Baht 150,000 (I think) and got some return over a few years. The Elite C. costs 1 million, which I might not be able to get back in value during the life time. (Mine or the clubs?) :o

It seems that most if not all people posting their negative comments regarding this program are clearly not the type of person this program is targeted at.
many of the negative comments you are reading are results of unanswered questions from posters.

where is the list of golf courses and hotels this card is honored?

why is a bank in singapore accepting payment and not a bank in thailand?

why isn't dion the saleman responding to any questions?

If you have to ask questions like "what guarantees do I have this is valid for the rest of my life" and "how will I earn my $25k back" then this program is clearly not for you.

lol, if you had any common sense orion76 you would be concerned about guarantees and value when you spend money.

I do see a chance this card could have value for most but selling it before you have agreements is purely poor business in itself. Kind of like buying into a condo

that will be built. What is to say that laws will change in a few years anyway that

will afford you at no cost to do what they are trying to sell this card for and as others mentioned what about when it is a different government in charge. If this

was sold by the government it would be more trusted rather than a company who

up and runs off with the cash leaving debt and useless cards behind( they already have the money out of country). Maybe they should stick with the fake visa program of the past I am sure most of these places could conjure something up with discounts on hotels and out of the way golf courses that are barely used.

Thailand Elite Card Awarded to UNICEF Honorees Harry Belafonte, Halle Berry, Katie Couric, Sir Roger Moore, Nana Mouskouri, Vanessa Redgrave, and Sir Peter Ustinov

* All seven will receive special lifetime privileges and special access rights in Thailand.

* Thailand Elite was premiere sponsor at gala event where all were recently honored.

* Card guarantees access to select resorts, clubs, medical clinics, and transportation in and to Thailand, along with exclusive real estate opportunities usually restricted to Thai citizens.

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Dec. 4 /PRNewswire/ --

The Thailand Elite Card, premiere sponsor of UNICEF's gala celebration of 50 years of its celebrity goodwill ambassador program, today has awarded cards with lifetime privileges and special access to in-country rights in Thailand for seven new UNICEF honorees for 2003 -- Harry Belafonte, Halle Berry, Katie Couric, Sir Roger Moore, Nana Mouskouri, Vanessa Redgrave, and Sir Peter Ustinov.

All seven individuals were recognized by UNICEF on December 3 at a dinner in Beverly Hills saluting the agency's celebrity ambassadors. Belafonte, Moore, Mouskouri, Redgrave, and Ustinov were each honored with a UNICEF Goodwill Laureate Award for 2003. Couric received UNICEF's Humanitarian Award. Berry served as the evening's honorary chair.

Holders of the Thailand Elite Card enjoy lifetime preference and privileged access to Thai clubs, medical clinics, resorts, and airlines. Members are also accommodated with faster visa, immigration, and transit services as well as exclusive real estate investment opportunities usually restricted to Thai citizens.

Said Somchainuk Engtrakul, Chairman of the Thailand Privilege Card Company and Permanent Secretary of Thailand's Finance Ministry: "We are honored to act as premiere sponsor for UNICEF's salute to its celebrity ambassadors. For over fifty years, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassadors have roamed the globe, helping this wonderful international agency help the children of the world. The seven celebrities honored as Goodwill Laureates this week in Beverly Hills have long and distinguished records in using their global fame to help the hardworking professionals of UNICEF celebrate and save children's lives around the globe. They are honored citizens of the world and we are pleased to extend to them an invitation to visit Thailand and enjoy the lifetime privileges of honored guests."

In October, UNICEF honored Thailand's former Prime Minister, Anand Panyarachun, for his international advocacy on child rights issues, the battle against HIV/AIDS, and education.

Added Mrs. Juthamas Siriwan, governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand: "We are proud of the honors given Anand Panyarachun and today Thailand is pleased to return the favor and join UNICEF in saluting its new honorees. UNICEF has been active in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia for decades, in war and peace, bringing love and hope, delivering health and development to children in our part of the world. It was an investment in the future that has paid off enormously in a strong and growing Thailand that is ready now to assist as a full partner in the continuing and generous efforts of UNICEF. "

About Thailand Elite

Thailand Elite is the world's first national membership club, with membership available for purchase to select friends of Thailand. For further information about the card, contact any office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand in your country or you may visit Thailand Elite at http://www.thailandelite.com/contact_us/ on the Web.

Media Contacts: U.S.A., Scott Kelly, +1-310-272-1160, [email protected], for Thailand Elite; or Thailand, Paisit Kaenchan of Thailand Elite, +66 2 652 8325, [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Thailand Elite 2003-12-04

Are you one of businesspeople who works in Thailand? Today we have a good news for

you.

Work in thailand? In order to work legally in Thailand you are required to have a work permit. Is a holder of this visa eligible to apply for work permit?

AS far as I am concerned the original post was a pure ad :o , from the company selling those cards. If government wants this arangement NO WAY I BUY via a company. want to bet person who catches a farang to pay gets brooker fee???

If system changes, oops, not government fault.

When potentially crooks can run this scam, government has to do it so one can properly complain when they break their arangement.

Too many holes in this scheme... Too many maybee's.

workpermit: will not be coupled to this thing, still needs all the stuff to submit.

Anyway I see further down that others think the same. Sorry, I had problems, for some reason its easier to get a new login and then trying to use an old password if system doesnt like you.

At least they are being a bit safe about who they are giving these cards out to.

George thanks for the site but it was to slow for me to connect to. For now

most of us can get better value at a happy hour in most bars. letting a company

hold property for you that banks out of Singapore to avoid Thai taxes while

the government tells about this wonderful card that cannot be used until they see how many they sell in the next few years is not a wise purchase at this time.

I wonder how much more you will have to pay for this property using an elite card and the process it will take to do it. For a modest fee you can start and have your own company hold property deeds if you find yourself in need to purchase property. I wonder if the different cities will start to come out with their own cards soon. Imagine you can get discounts on the most expensive suites in bangkok that will still cost you $350 with discount but your elite and your stay of 10 days or so needs the free visa on entry anyway.

Maybe they should start a bounty for foreign conmen and law breakers this would be a real effort to attract a higher class foreigner.

The priviledge to buy up to 10 rai of land for cardholders seems contradictory to it's terms and conditions. Permanent residents can not apply, for obvious reasons.

The card is for "business people and high end tourists". Why would anyone consider buying land if they are not allowed to live on it? Moreover, is it possible to buy land whilst holding a tourist visa? The company says that it will hold the deeds on behalf of the cardholder. That's nice of them, isn't it? :o

Dec. 5 around 7:30 p.m. driving Sukhumvit direction downtown. I wanted to make a right turn into Sukh. Soi 5.

Had to wait and let pass a police car flashing red lights going in the opposite direction towards Asok, followed by a herd of Tuk Tuks, all showing a sticker THAILAND ELITE. Farang passengers smiling happily.

Mmmh, sightseing in tuk tuks under police escort. Should I change my mind? :o

If you have to ask questions like "what guarantees do I have this is valid for the rest of my life" and "how will I earn my $25k back" then this program is clearly not for you. ....

If I book accomodation I book a suite with a well known 5 star hotel chain. Not because it's good value but because it's convenient and comfortable.

Hassle free visas? Fast track immigration? Airport transfers? I will gladly pay $25k for that. I already made an appointment and will probably buy a membership...

Not because it's good value but because it's convenient and comfortable.

If you have to ask for a price on a Ferrari, a boat, a GF you certainly cannot afford it. (I don't have neither)

To calculate the advantages of this card is just a common business sense. It is a proposal which found my interest and finally I decide against.

Anyway, lot's of good contributions in this threat :o pro- and con

Why would you want to?

Think of the Elite-feeling, Tuk-Tuk, fresh air, police escort and

not knowing where to go, all for Baht 1 million, only. :o

The last tuku-tuk I used was 4 years ago and that was operated by a hotel to bring me to the main road, from where I walked, as it was faster.

The inaugural cardholders _ nearly half of whom are Chinese _ include executives from Bank of New York, Mitsubishi Corp. and Japan External Trade Organization.

While there are alot of valid questions raised about the card, unless you are a. CEO, Pres., etc of a large corporation. b. Chinese and rich c. both, no one connected with the card cares what you think. The card is obviously not aimed at westerners. It is something rich Chinese, Indians, Middle Easterners, Eastern Europeans can flash around to be self-important (i worked for a rich Chinese- this is just the kind of thing they love) and use to smooth their entry into Thailand. It is just something that says "treat me right" to officials and service people.