Dual-Tone Air Horns

noahvail

The horn on my 650 Ninja emits a sickly and quiet sound. No one pays attention to it.

Is it legal to run with a dual-tone horn? I'm thinking about putting on a 136db Stegel:

Stebel Magnum Horn

$60

Want to hear the tone? Then click here.

of course you probably can't turn you speakers up loud enough to be realistic, but it should hopefully show you the tone is a lot meatier than a standard bike horn.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">The Stebel Magnum horn is a direct replacement for most motorcycle horns. On most motorcycles, fitting is a five minute job.

136dB of sound.<li>80mm Diameter (about the same diameter as your standard horn.

<li>Simple and fast mounting.<li>Relay not required for 12 Volt vehicle.

It says relay not required, but I'd add one anyway...

If it's legal, and anybody's got other suggestions (not air horns, please), I'd love to ...ahem...hear them.

Oh, the $60 price is NZ$. Available in Thailand?

Cheers

any mod to a homoleg bike as kwaker 650 is to be inspected by LTD..........................................

but in the realworld Hellas dualtone is accepted and available at 500 baht. They draw 140 watt, as the horn cercuit on Kawa 650 is 10 Amp it provides 140 watt while charging, so works without relay if you dont need to horn for several minutes.

they are quite large, so need to be fitted other position than original horn, behind fairing on each side works. Since it doesnt fit in original position, just keep the original horn fitted but disconnected

I v got them on my yammy nouvo too, so does a friend, and on our VIGOs, and you do get attention. sounds like My 2008 Honda Accord is coming:D

Edit, Sorry I didnt notice the "air horn". Air horns draw much power, are very large and the horn noise has a delay from activated by horn button. In addition they are sensitive of water and not easy to install protected on a bike. Would not be my choise for a bike. When I have installed them on cars and trucks, always in parellell with an ordinary horn to compensate for the dealy on air horn

Edited by katabeachbum

any mod to a homoleg bike as kwaker 650 is to be inspected by LTD..........................................

but in the realworld Hellas dualtone is accepted and available at 500 baht. They draw 140 watt, as the horn cercuit on Kawa 650 is 10 Amp it provides 140 watt while charging, so works without relay if you dont need to horn for several minutes.

they are quite large, so need to be fitted other position than original horn, behind fairing on each side works. Since it doesnt fit in original position, just keep the original horn fitted but disconnected

I v got them on my yammy nouvo too, so does a friend, and on our VIGOs, and you do get attention. sounds like My 2008 Honda Accord is coming:D

Edit, Sorry I didnt notice the "air horn". Air horns draw much power, are very large and the horn noise has a delay from activated by horn button. In addition they are sensitive of water and not easy to install protected on a bike. Would not be my choise for a bike. When I have installed them on cars and trucks, always in parellell with an ordinary horn to compensate for the dealy on air horn

Have a look at this Lots of guys have aftermarket horns. If you search I'm sure you will find all the info you need.

As has been said horns here are cheap. Depending on where you live they are available at most car parts/accessory shops. Stebel Nautilus may not be as easy to find but they are also here. I have some cheapies on my truck plenty loud enough. I think for a bike one would be enough but......

Edited by VocalNeal

As a Biker of 20 Years here ill tell you this.Thais associate tone with the type of Vehicle, so if you sound like a Horn associated with a Car they see you but ignore it..Or quite often laugh, the Mouse that Roared. Ferangs respond, but Thais don't.Same goes for Pik Ups.To the Locals its a Cart for Workmen,only dim wits see them as a decent Car. Horses for Courses

You can buy the marine version, which most don't for some odd reason, as I would if I was inclined to.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice! Gonna take some time and check out your suggestions. Cheers! Oh, and yeah, I know about the DLT inspection. Easy enough out here in the boonies, and then get the green book updated.