Uk Visa Applications

i wonder if anyone can help. . . have a gf of 5yrs standing, we have a beautiful baby daughter of 10months, and i would like to bring them back to the uk. now i know our child will qualify for dual citizenship, but i dont know if that garanties entry for my gf. . here lies my problem. . i own my own house but i lost my job this year, im currently out of work, my mothers now living with me as shes not capable of looking after herself. so it seems im stuck between a rock and a hard place. . . if i can bring them here, it would allow me the opportunity to get back to work, as my gf would be more than willing to care of my mother, i am 51 she is 44, i m a skilled worker she s unskilled, i have been paying for a mortgage on a house in bangkok for 3 years and will keep doing so whatever the outcome. so thats my current circumstances, and if anyones got some information that may help. i would be most grateful.

What boater says is probably right advice.

If you are in the Uk and your wife is here in Thailand then get her to go to the sorce The British Embassy in Bangkok or any British consulate that is near her and ask.

It's a long procedure but possible, don't expect any quick solutions.

The six month holiday visa might be the first best step.

Good luck

What boater says is probably right advice.

If you are in the Uk and your wife is here in Thailand then get her to go to the sorce The British Embassy in Bangkok or any British consulate that is near her and ask.

It's a long procedure but possible, don't expect any quick solutions.

The six month holiday visa might be the first best step.

Good luck

thanks will check it out, im a bit new to these forums and trying to find my way around at the moment

I went through a similar process a long time ago. But laws and regulations are forever changing and I am well out of touch with it these days.

I do not know where abouts you are in the Uk, but what we did was to visit one of those free legal advice centres. There is always one located in a high street somewhere. I found them extremely helpful, especially with Immigration matters.

Next, I would be wary to let your girlfriend go for an interview at the British embassy on her own. My friend did this and his girlfriend blew it under interigation.

Good luck and hope you are together as one family soon.

Hi Mark,

Not sure from your post if you intend to live in England with your g/f permanently, but I assume you are as you say you're g/f will take care of your Mum.

Obtaining a visitor visa for your g/f and child should be relatively straight forward for you I imagine as you should be able to prove relationship. However, these visa's are only valid for 6 months out of any 12.

Therefore, if you are all intending to live in the UK permanently that wouldn't be any good, you'd want a settlement visa. These can be issued for fiance and spouses but maybe you don't want to get married or don't intend to marry in the near future.

You probably need to read a bit more about the type of visa you want first and then come back on the forum and ask questions once you've provided more info. Here's a couple of links which should give you some info on the type of visa and also visa requirements.

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/

You also need to plan your application as they can take quite a long time to process. Here are the stats relating to June on applications:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Just click on Thailand on the drop down box.

Best of luck,

I think given the highly unusual circumstances you now face you'd be best seeking professional advice from a regulated immigration lawyer.

The only question that springs to mind from what you've said is, do you have large amounts of savings to offset no income?

As well as the links provided already, have a look at:-

Maintenance and accommodation

Settlement; spouses.

Obviously, you should obtain a British passport for your daughter (see How to register a birth ), but doing so will not guarantee a visa for your wife; she will still have to meet the necessary requirements.

From what you have said, proving the relationship should not be a problem; so it is the maintenance and accommodation that may be.

You already own a house in the UK; you should provide proof of that ownership (mortgage statement, copy of deeds) as well as evidence that the property is big enough for you and your wife, your daughter and your mother.

If you are unemployed and claiming public funds, this is no bar to your wife applying. However, you must show that her joining you will not result in you having to claim any extra public funds. You will be able to claim child benefit for your daughter, but you can't use this as a source of income in the application, I'm afraid.

You should also, of course, provide evidence of any other finances, income or savings, that you may have.

I would explain the situation regarding your mother and work situation in your sponsor's letter, and include any evidence you may have of your job search.

I went through a similar process a long time ago. But laws and regulations are forever changing and I am well out of touch with it these days.

I do not know where abouts you are in the Uk, but what we did was to visit one of those free legal advice centres. There is always one located in a high street somewhere. I found them extremely helpful, especially with Immigration matters.

Next, I would be wary to let your girlfriend go for an interview at the British embassy on her own. My friend did this and his girlfriend blew it under interigation.

Good luck and hope you are together as one family soon.

thanks, its another avenue to look at, by the way i'm in merseyside

Hi Mark,

Not sure from your post if you intend to live in England with your g/f permanently, but I assume you are as you say you're g/f will take care of your Mum.

Obtaining a visitor visa for your g/f and child should be relatively straight forward for you I imagine as you should be able to prove relationship. However, these visa's are only valid for 6 months out of any 12.

Therefore, if you are all intending to live in the UK permanently that wouldn't be any good, you'd want a settlement visa. These can be issued for fiance and spouses but maybe you don't want to get married or don't intend to marry in the near future.

You probably need to read a bit more about the type of visa you want first and then come back on the forum and ask questions once you've provided more info. Here's a couple of links which should give you some info on the type of visa and also visa requirements.

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/

You also need to plan your application as they can take quite a long time to process. Here are the stats relating to June on applications:

http://www.ukvisas.g...processingtimes

Just click on Thailand on the drop down box.

Best of luck,

really appreciate the advice coming from you lads, thanks a lot

As well as the links provided already, have a look at:-

Maintenance and accommodation

Settlement; spouses.

Obviously, you should obtain a British passport for your daughter (see How to register a birth ), but doing so will not guarantee a visa for your wife; she will still have to meet the necessary requirements.

From what you have said, proving the relationship should not be a problem; so it is the maintenance and accommodation that may be.

You already own a house in the UK; you should provide proof of that ownership (mortgage statement, copy of deeds) as well as evidence that the property is big enough for you and your wife, your daughter and your mother.

If you are unemployed and claiming public funds, this is no bar to your wife applying. However, you must show that her joining you will not result in you having to claim any extra public funds. You will be able to claim child benefit for your daughter, but you can't use this as a source of income in the application, I'm afraid.

You should also, of course, provide evidence of any other finances, income or savings, that you may have.

I would explain the situation regarding your mother and work situation in your sponsor's letter, and include any evidence you may have of your job search.

you lads have been a great help, once again thanks very much