Cheap Flights

DarloKnight

I have been watching the prices for months we booked last year to fly from London to Bangkok and fly xmas day and paid around £420 direct with Eva but this year the price is £864 which is more than double for the same time of year. I was just wondering if anybody else as managed to find cheap flights?

I was told. when I too was surprised about current prices that this was the peak time for travel out of the UK ( any time you happened to be lloking at! ). Look again after August prices will drop. I used cheapticket.co.uk last time and STA the time before, you just have keep searching, all promise the earth with prices til you are there. Otherwise I found the cheapest were available about 5 days before departure, suited me, maybe not you. Dreamworld make strong claims, have a website but then you have to phone, they are in Ealing. Good luck

I was told. when I too was surprised about current prices that this was the peak time for travel out of the UK ( any time you happened to be lloking at! ). Look again after August prices will drop. I used cheapticket.co.uk last time and STA the time before, you just have keep searching, all promise the earth with prices til you are there. Otherwise I found the cheapest were available about 5 days before departure, suited me, maybe not you. Dreamworld make strong claims, have a website but then you have to phone, they are in Ealing. Good luck

Interesting you say that. A person I met a few weeks ago told me the same thing (that the cheapest prices are available right before the flight). Sounds kind of risky though. Is that always a sure bet?

I was monitoring flights in July from June15th approx. Had an appointment at hospital on 14th July, so was ok for flights after that so I was putting in different dates to see what came up 4-5 days before the flight seemed to give the best price. School holidays upcoming of course, I said to several operators "how many families go to Thailand for 2 weeks then?" The answer was go outside the summer holidays. It almost seems like a gentlemans agreement until you have either reached the required percentage of seats filled ( THAI is 65% ) then you take a chance of selling high or dropping and filling, never see low Thai prices though do you, I think they are happy to get 65% but when you take away all the free diplomatic seats what is the true figure and how long canit maintained whilst they trying to fund a new fleet?

Prices fluctuate a lot depending on what the computerised yield management system thinks the level of demand is. I always fly LHR-BKK-SYD on Thai because they are always the cheapest on the route and often have special offers that I grab (I tend to fly business).