Treat Me Fairly: Thaksin

webfact

FUGITIVE EX-PM

Treat me fairly: Thaksin

By The Nation

gallery_327_1086_3015.jpg

Thaksin (File Photo)

BANGKOK: -- A lawyer for fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra put in a petition yesterday asking the Attorney General to ensure fair treatment for him in connection with the case about his alleged support of terrorist acts and unrest.

Thanadej Puangpoon gave Thaksin's petition to Panupong Chotisin, deputy director general of the Office of the Attorney General's special litigation department.

The lawyer said the charge by the Department of Special Investigation against Thaksin was unfair, as it appeared they had intended to take legal action against him in connection with the political unrest.

Thanadej said Thaksin was not a leader of the red-shirt protests - he simply made phone calls to offer moral support to the protesters and their leaders, with no intention of inciting unrest.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-04

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should he be treated as fairly as the hundreds of 'drug war' victims who were executed with not trial, under T's direct orders?

Should he be treated as fairly as the dozens of young men who were killed by the troops who were directed by generals who were directly under T's command, during Tak Bai incident?

Here's a new ebook called Guarded Conversations, with pithy details about Thaksin's excesses.

• Like 2

yes ,treat him fairly , like in April 2009 when he called for revolution . Like yesterday during  his conversation with a former Japanese MP when he told of the mean nasty Government omitting that his mob started all the problems. what a schemer.

• Like 1

Quote:

"....Thanadej (thakisn lawyer) said Thaksin was not a leader of the red-shirt protests - he simply made phone calls to offer moral support to the protesters and their leaders, with no intention of inciting unrest. ....."

The man is delusional, again - seems to believe that everybody is stupid and cannot see him for exactly what he is, a liar, a charlotan, a person with no values or morals or respect for others.. Seems to think he can just re-write history, after the event, to a different version which are expedient for his current purposes, or which 'sound better'.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

A firing squad is fair.

Dear Som Tum Tiger,

Nice to see you here.

More power to you!

Whatever you may think of the man he does deserve fair treatment . It is, however,unlikely that he will be able to get this in a country that mixes money, politics, the army and the judiciary. He will just have to wait until after the next election before he may be able to make a safe return.

Suggesting that he be charged, convicted, and sentenced properly for treason - for funding and advocating violence that has cost hundreds, or thousands of lives is not advocating violence - it is advocating justice.

Edited by SomTumTiger
  • Like 1

A firing squad is fair.

Dear Som Tum Tiger,

Nice to see you here.

More power to you!

Whatever you may think of the man he does deserve fair treatment . It is, however,unlikely that he will be able to get this in a country that mixes money, politics, the army and the judiciary. He will just have to wait until after the next election before he may be able to make a safe return.

Have to agree that everybody is entitled to due and fair process.

The fact that he now asks for fairness when he deliberately an openly intimidated the judiciary numerous times, destroyed the checks and balances, intimidated the press, openly intimidated the election commission (and as a result the election commissioners went to jail), had his lawyers deliver several million Baht donuts to the court officials, made deep changes to Thai laws for his own massive personal benefit (changes which were opposite to Thai values), ignored the basic human rights (the right to life) of over 3,000 fellow Thais and delibeartely promoted numerous family members into senior positions (including the military), is both ironic and despicable. Well, as they say, what comes around goes around!

Interesting how thaksins actions all fit your original words; "...in a country that mixes money, politics, the army and the judiciary. ...."

Edited by scorecard

Suggesting that he be charged, convicted, and sentenced properly for treason - for funding and advocating violence that has cost hundreds, or thousands of lives is not advocating violence - it is advocating justice.

There is a problem with suggesting to executing someone, but not with asking for justice. I have no problem with you asking him to be charged and sentenced if properly found guilty in a court of law, including sentenced to death.

There is a problem with suggesting to executing someone, but not with asking for justice. I have no problem with you asking him to be charged and sentenced if properly found guilty in a court of law, including sentenced to death.

I was just trying to skip the the chase :sorry:, I'll be more verbose next time :jap:

Thanadej said Thaksin was not a leader of the red-shirt protests - he simply made phone calls to offer moral support to the protesters and their leaders, with no intention of inciting unrest.

Can I make a request to make this quote of the year on Thaivisa. :cheesy::cheesy:

If DL wanted fairness and justice, how about returning to Thailand, to serve his existing sentence & face the dozen-or-so other cases against him, which he is currently willfully delaying ? Or is it only fair, if the courts pre-agree, to let him off ? <_<

Regarding his claim not to be a red-shirt leader, or want to incite unrest, isn't this the same man who, before Red-Songkran in 2009, promised to return to lead his supporters in their march on Bangkok, if the military were to fire so much as a single shot ? :o They're still waiting ...

With a memory, and history, like this, I doubt he will ever be able to return. Perhaps he should direct his efforts on his many business-activities in his various new homelands instead. B)

• Like 1

The lawyer said the charge by the Department of Special Investigation against Thaksin was unfair

thaicourtrulesthatfor00.jpg

Oh my taksin, what are they doing to you? it is so unfair that you took all that money, had all those people killed, told even more lies than a regular politician, evaded capture and now have to stand trial by those nasty law makers. boo hoo, i love you so much.

A firing squad is fair.

Dear Som Tum Tiger,

Nice to see you here.

More power to you!

Please tell me the country does NOT mix "money, politics, the army and the judiciary"?

He will get the trials that he deserves for doing the acts he has done in

THE SAME COUNTRY "that mixes money, politics, the army and the judiciary."

He knew exactly where he was and how it works here, he just thought he could

control it enough to win. Guess not, eh? Som nom na.

• Like 1