Cash Withdrawal

In Bangkok you should not have too much trouble.

Depends whether the bank in question has the amount of the currency that you want.

You probably need the good old passport.

Limit will depend on the bank.

Out here in the boonies as people call it the Kasikorn Bank change up baht to Uk pounds no problem.

Thought I answer this because if no - one does we sometimes get called bitches.

Edited by Kwasaki

I would think that it's the same as pulling foreign cash from a UK bank branch on the High Street or a main line branch in the US; you need to order it in advance.

I think the better option would be at a licensed money exchange where their PRIMARY function is dealing in other country's money, no?

Edited by NanLaew

Your normal card limit will apply.

So in the UK, the majority of personal Debit Cards are £500 daily limit. Business cards tend to be £750 daily limit. Credit cards vary, and some accounts may not allow cash withdrawal at all.

However, each ATM transaction is limited to 20,000 Baht. So would have to make many withdrawals to reach a large limit.

If possible, go for a TT rather than cash withdrawal. It's so much cheaper.

Edited by bangkockney

Has anyone ever experienced an ATM fee of, close to, 500 baht? I had gotten a new ATM card sent to me from the US, and I know about the charges before this one. If I remember correctly, it was about 150 baht for a cash withdrawal from a bank in the US. However, when I used the new card, a new, additional, charge showed up. I'm checking to see if it was my bank that was charging me, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Anybody know of a Thai bank that would charge like that?

Thought I answer this because if no - one does we sometimes get called bitches.

Only because the lazy dog ignored the 25 page pinned topic on drivers' licenses.

Yeah ! sure, I was just having a little joke, in my way. as I did the drivers topic.

We seem to have gone off topic here.

The OP is talking about foreign currency, and that is NOT available from the ATM.

Thanks Astral.

In Bangkok you should not have too much trouble.

Depends whether the bank in question has the amount of the currency that you want.

You probably need the good old passport.

Limit will depend on the bank.

Thanks Kwasaki.

:wai: All, any additional information in regards to foreign currency withdrawal is greatly appreciated.

Your post is not clear. You wish to w/d foreign currency from an ATM machine? Cannot

You wish to obtain foreign currency from a bank at the desk? Can, w/ paperwork and crap xch rate. You can also just do it at the airport w/ no paperwork.

W/D local from w/ your card from abroad, can. You get THB

You will pay B150 per pull, esp from banks you noted.

Can you use your Thai card abroad? I have only experience in Malaysia but it worked w/ Maybank. Look at the network on th eback of the card.

Edited by bangkokburning

Your normal card limit will apply.

So in the UK, the majority of personal Debit Cards are £500 daily limit. Business cards tend to be £750 daily limit. Credit cards vary, and some accounts may not allow cash withdrawal at all.

However, each ATM transaction is limited to 20,000 Baht. So would have to make many withdrawals to reach a large limit.

If possible, go for a TT rather than cash withdrawal. It's so much cheaper.

The OP doesn't want Baht he wants foreign currency

Your post is not clear. You wish to w/d foreign currency from an ATM machine? Cannot

You wish to obtain foreign currency from a bank at the desk? Can, w/ paperwork and crap xch rate. You can also just do it at the airport w/ no paperwork.

W/D local from w/ your card from abroad, can. You get THB

You will pay B150 per pull, esp from banks you noted.

Can you use your Thai card abroad? I have only experience in Malaysia but it worked w/ Maybank. Look at the network on th eback of the card.

I thought it was quite clear, the OP asked about withdrawing foreign cash from SCB and Bangkok Bank, no mention of ATM in the OP at all.