Australian Deports Thai Wife "Maybe"

Thanks Will,

As I read your post I take it you are in the main pointing out that the "Applicant" is responsible to contact Immigration due to any changes. I agree with this entirely.

She did indeed do this within a couple of days of her husband informing her that from his part, the marriage had broken down and that he had contacted Immigration in Australia and informed them of such.

So she was very quickly in touch and speaking with her original Thai Case Officer in Bangkok, my post #5

Now, whether the conversation between the two Thai's centered on the fact that the marriage had broken down from her 'partners' point of view OR if 'she' agreed that this was the the case I probably cannot say.

But, whether she agreed with the breakdown or not she was told a couple of days later by the same Thai Case Officer that the Visa had been cancelled from the Australian end.

So I come back to my original point that it appears that this type of visa can be cancelled from the Sponsors side without any input from the Applicant.

Again I cannot confirm, but I will ask, if during her conversations with her Case Officer in Bangkok she left a forwarding address for any official paperwork?

I don't know but I imagine if she was told that that the visa was 'already' cancelled, she may have thought "Whats the point of leaving contact details"

My thinking is that as things were at the stage that they were, the Case Officer should have asked her for such address details for anything that may follow! Perhaps she did and perhaps paperwork is in train? I'll try to find out.

Edited by fishhooks

Thanks Will,

As I read your post I take it you are in the main pointing out that the "Applicant" is responsible to contact Immigration due to any changes. I agree with this entirely.

She did indeed do this within a couple of days of her husband informing her that from his part, the marriage had broken down and that he had contacted Immigration in Australia and informed them of such.

So she was very quickly in touch and speaking with her original Thai Case Officer in Bangkok, my post #5

Now, whether the conversation between the two Thai's centered on the fact that the marriage had broken down from her 'partners' point of view OR if 'she' agreed that this was the the case I probably cannot say.

But, whether she agreed with the breakdown or not she was told a couple of days later by the same Thai Case Officer that the Visa had been cancelled from the Australian end.

So I come back to my original point that it appears that this type of visa can be cancelled from the Sponsors side without any input from the Applicant.

Again I cannot confirm, but I will ask, if during her conversations with her Case Officer in Bangkok she left a forwarding address for any official paperwork?

I don't know but I imagine if she was told that that the visa was 'already' cancelled, she may have thought "Whats the point of leaving contact details"

My thinking is that as things were at the stage that they were, the Case Officer should have asked her for such address details for anything that may follow! Perhaps she did and perhaps paperwork is in train? I'll try to find out.

fishooks

Yes, if DIAC do not hear from the applicant in a certain time frame, then the visa may

be refused. Unless there are extenuating circumstances such as domestic violence,

the 100 visa would be refused as in most case as the main reason for the granting of the

visa (marriage) has ended.

If the visa has been refused and a time period had lapsed, she has limited options.

The time frame is crucial. I'm not saying this happened but if the applicant say, advised

DIAC about the break down and didn't tell the wife. He then could've waited and torn up

her letter without advising her. She would then be none the wiser. He then takes her to

Thailand and tells her. By this time it's too late.

I'm not saying this did happen but it's a possibility.

She could ask DIAC when the letter was sent and to what address and then work it out herself

I guess.

Bad form all round if this happened.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Thanks Will,

Duplicate post

Edited by Will27

It seems some of the people offering opinions forget that the thai partner is in Australia on a temporary basis only, hence they call it a Temporary Visa. Remember this the thai partner would not have been allowed entry otherwise.It is a trial period and if it does not work out for what ever reason then of course the thai partner must leave Australia. There have been many thai and Filipina ladies who have faked Domestic Violence after only a short period and have been permitted to stay on.

As far as his responsibility to her with Australia having a no fault system he will be able to divorce her after 12 months orf separation at a minimal cost. It is easy to belive one is enamoured with a partner when overseas and the stars are in your eyeds but when reality hits some whne the partner is introduced to the family hard decisions have to be made. In Thailand a wife can divorce her farang husband very easily as well.Better to decide early on that the union will not work than later as hard as this may seem to some of the respondents here in this forum.

Couldn't agree with you more "tka" re the inevitable outcome of the marriage / visa issue contained herein and in obviously many of like unions. I think I stated this way back in a very early post.

What is of interest to me however, and this is why I posted in what I think is a very applicable section of the forum, is the "Visa" issues and the apparent ease with which an "Applicant" can be derailed without any official contact with her, apart from an informal telephone conversation with staff at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok.

As it stands at present, my 'Topic Title" which some chose to concentrate on having a go at me, is very applicable and correct, given a little licence.

Couldn't agree with you more "tka" re the inevitable outcome of the marriage / visa issue contained herein and in obviously many of like unions. I think I stated this way back in a very early post.

What is of interest to me however, and this is why I posted in what I think is a very applicable section of the forum, is the "Visa" issues and the apparent ease with which an "Applicant" can be derailed without any official contact with her, apart from an informal telephone conversation with staff at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok.

As it stands at present, my 'Topic Title" which some chose to concentrate on having a go at me, is very applicable and correct, given a little licence.

fishooks,

With all due respect, the topic title has nothing to do with this case, as advised by oldcroc

in post 4.Whether you say Australian meaning the sponsor or Australia meaning the country,

there is no deportation.

How can you say it's applicable? To deport means to expel or remove of which neither has

happened. She's not even in Australia so how could she be deported? And from what you've

said, she went back to Thailand for a holiday. So basically, while she was in Thailand, her

visa was refused.

As stated before, DIAC make an attempt to contact the applicant. If they do not hear back

(for whatever reason), what do you suggest they do?

What seems to have happened, is that she has had a visa application refused because of the

marriage break down. Even if she was in Australia at the time, she would've had to depart before

her visa ceased unless there was domestic violence. This is nothing remotely like being deported.

I realise that you're upset at the proceedings, but I think it has been explained to you pretty

comprehensively.

Regards

Will

I have received a few helpful PM's, one less than an hour ago, telling me to ignore the comments about the Title, in the main saying that I'm being baited to bite, which stupidly I have.

The thrust of the matter is what is at issue here which is the 'Visa'

For those offended, I did say "SORRY" many days and posts back.

Please have a respectful regard to the people at the centre of this matter and ignore a tad of "Licence" used by me many days ago when maybe I wasn't concentrating 100% having two friends in turmoil.

"SORRY" again for today's date!

With that in mind, any further response from me will only be in the flavour of helpful advice about the matter, which thankfully in the main has been forthcoming.

Edited by fishhooks