Dual Citizenship

I hope to get answers to these questions or led along the right path since I look to buy a house in there in the near future.

Believe you will have to re establish your Thai citizenship and should contact either the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington or one of the major Consulates for help/requirements. Until you do this you can not own land.

I was born in Thailand to a Thai mother and an American father.

You are already THAI because of your THAI mother, register for your ID card/passport.

Under the new provisions of the Thai Nationality Act (No. 2) B.E. 2535 (A.D. 1992), any person, whether born inside or outside Thailand, whose father or mother has Thai nationality, is entitled to register his/her Thai nationality at the local district office where he/she wants to have his/her name registered in a house registration. He/she must submit various required documents.

And Professor, that three consecutive years of extensions only entitles you to apply for Thai residence. It isn't a simple process, and is anything but automatic. The Thai citizenship is likely to elude you too. You need to show some strong attachment over years to Thailand.

oic, yes, i m wanting to get PR 1st. so was asking whether we will not b counted as having 3 years' VISA if we change citizenship during the 3 yrs.

for citizenship, it takes longer years.

as u said, the links must b there, and i think establishing some religious links seem to be the best, bcos u get a letter from a high monk to vouch yr link for u, and these monks r highly respected by the king and all people.

so was asking whether we will not b counted as having 3

years' VISA if we change citizenship during the 3 yrs.

The law doesn't really cover such a happening as far as I can see, and it'd be a very rare occurrence. You really should go to Immigration and ask a senior officer directly and get a ruling.

so was asking whether we will not b counted as having 3

years' VISA if we change citizenship during the 3 yrs.

The law doesn't really cover such a happening as far as I can see, and it'd be a very rare occurrence. You really should go to Immigration and ask a senior officer directly and get a ruling.

yah, i got to go to immigration directly since it seems the law enacted doesn't provide for this, so the immigration office really has at its discretion what to do. thanks :o