Hiya all

i would like to know for future reference contacts for offshore companies in SE Asia? i have some offshore experience and I looking to build a list of companies for future contact.

please could you post me any details, Thailand, china, anywhere!!!

Thanks all :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Hiya all

i would like to know for future reference contacts for offshore companies in SE Asia?  i have some offshore experience and I looking to build a list of companies for future contact.

please could you post me any details, Thailand, china, anywhere!!!

Thanks all  :o

No offshore or oil and gas workers, I dont believe IT! I know they have Sat internet on rigs so no excuse!

:D

Edited by lopburiguy

I am sure there are more than a couple of offshore workers on this forum. My husband works offshore in the oil industry. There are tons of places all over SE Asia.

I will wait for someone with actual experience to reply. Hubby is offshore now.

Thanks both of you for your replies.

I have looked at both, one i know already if you have anymore please feel free to put them on here or PM me with them. I have so many oil rig sites it dam confusing!!!

Thanks again.. :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Hi,

PTTPLC has offshore workers 14 days on 14 days off.

BES ( Baker Energy Services ) 28 days on 28 days off

If you call TPTI (Technical Petroleum Training Institute) in Bangkok. Maybe they could give you more names of places. It is a training center for the oil and gas industry. You will need to speak Thai. Not many people there can speak English. Hope this helps some.

Hiya all

i would like to know for future reference contacts for offshore companies in SE Asia?  i have some offshore experience and I looking to build a list of companies for future contact.

What type of experience do you have? Roustabaout, cook, production foreman, laundry boy, comm. officer, mooring master, cleaner, OIM.....

If you can't be more specific, I suggest you google around until you know what you are looking for - there is plently of info on the internet.

Edited by WhiteShiva

You could have a tough time finding work offshore in GOT, unless you have a decade or so rig experience

I get resumes from the US & Austrailia quite often but it is just so much easier to hire Thais. Just send them on a good intensive english course and they are fine in a few months! Just wish there were more countries I could send them to!

You could have a tough time finding work offshore in GOT, unless you have a decade or so rig experience

I get resumes from the US & Austrailia quite often but it is just so much easier to hire Thais. Just send them on a good intensive english course and they are fine in a few months! Just wish there were more countries I could send them to!

Hiya Ian

Yeah I have just started at Entry level (roustabout) so I knew there would be problems. I am also training in Autocad at the moment, someone said it may help when I am on to open doors in other areas on the rig??? Whether this is true or not I dont know. It is all a learning curve as I was Teaching and working in construction before.

Well I am trying anyways, thats about all one can do!!! I feel that the closed shop forces are working against me. In your opinion would it be more worthwhile to train as a crane handler or something. I just really I am unclear on the best experience to gain. I would like to build upon gaining valid experience, so at leats i have a chance of a career path or at the least a little progression. I know it will be hard but I am eager and willing to take on the challenge, whatever it brings!!!

Thanks for all your replies. :o

Edited by lopburiguy

To quote WhiteShiva

OIM..... :o:D:D

After more than 25 years including the Gulf of Thailand “WORK” offshore is a four letter word and IMO this is the best view of any installation:-

Benchamas.jpg

Being a passenger on a boat or helicopter heading away from the bullshit.

Seriously though, as the previous posts advise there are many agencies to approach. There is a HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training) facility near Chon Buri run by a Kiwi (phone 038772591) and it will help your cause no end to get this certification before applying for a position even if you have to pay for it out of your own pocket, takes 2 very slack days! Cost --- dunno. I believe the certification is recognised by Woodside in Aus. as such should be accredited elsewhere.

Good luck.

Edited by bdenner

To quote WhiteShiva

OIM..... :o  :D  :D

After more than 25 years including the Gulf of Thailand “WORK” offshore is a four letter word and IMO this is the best view of any installation:-

Benchamas.jpg

Being a passenger on a boat or helicopter heading away from the bullshit.

Ah - the good old crew boat from Benchamas to Sattahip. Brings tears to my eyes....... :D

The guy selling cold beer at the jetty in Sattahip did good business, though.....

Edited by WhiteShiva

2 of my mates trained to be LST's (Life support techs) in a simple 2 week course (Thiers was in Plymouth but these one in India and I think another in Oz or NZ).. That plus thier saftey / drop training and a medical and they are both working regularly now..

First jobs only 180 USD per day but already thats creeping up (200 I think 2nd or 3rd time away).. By year end they have been told they should be good for 250 per day..

Considering its a 2 week course I consider that pretty good for what has to be only semi skilled.. Phone call came in that LOADS were needed for S China / Vietnam the other day but these guys are both in with a crowd already.

Hiya All :D

I have my offshore survival, medical etc the reason I am asking these questions is to gain an insight into future plans, so all advice is relevant as I have an open mind and wish to gain a knowledgeable outlook on the oil industry. Not being from an Engineeriing background I am very thankful for all your comments and guidance.

Please dont pick on the Roustys to much as it could be me!!!! lol

Thanks all :o

2 of my mates trained to be LST's (Life support techs) in a simple 2 week course (Thiers was in Plymouth but these one in India and I think another in Oz or NZ).. That plus thier saftey / drop training and a medical and they are both working regularly now..

First jobs only 180 USD per day but already thats creeping up (200 I think 2nd or 3rd time away).. By year end they have been told they should be good for 250 per day..

Considering its a 2 week course I consider that pretty good for what has to be only semi skilled.. Phone call came in that LOADS were needed for S China / Vietnam the other day but these guys are both in with a crowd already.

Usually , it is one month or six week on board and then one month off and unpaid.

So it may be 100usd/day due to the unpaid month.

Usually , it is one month or six week on board and then one month off and unpaid.

Well it seems alot more attractive than a Rousty job in the North Sea forever!!!!

:o

Well it seems alot more attractive than a Rousty job in the North Sea forever!!!!

:o

I've been working Oil/Gas for a while including a stint in Thailand back in late 90's and I don't even think about work here in thailand as it is closed shop, full stop . I recently worked off-shore north africa on a 3 week rotation back to thailand, traveling was a nightmare.

I know of guys working in North sea traveling back to places like thailand / trinidad ( and paying airfare them selves) every 2 weeks.

I would think this might be a more realistic option, money has improved in north sea as well :D