3Bb Accounting Errors

Phil Conners

A few months ago we were told that we had missed one bill maybe 6-8 months back. As I happen to keep all the receipts I brought in the paid bills for the whole year to the counter in Carrefour, and after a few minutes going through it it was "sorry sir, we made a mistake".

Yesterday I just got another letter, all in Thai, but the gist of it is that they think I owe them 3,498.90 baht. I have all the receipts so will go in over the weekend and have the argument again.

My point is it seems they are either unorganized or trying to swindle their customers to double pay their bills. Please be careful and keep your 3BB bills so you have them if/when they claim you missed a bill several months ago.

Edited by Phil Conners

I was told last November that I hadn't paid last July's bill. I went home and checked. I keep all my bills religously and had every bill from TT&T and 3BB. Except I didn't have July's bill. I took them at face value, went back to pay it, saw one of the staff who I know and she told me that when they changed from TT&T to 3BB they failed to send out bills. Whilst I was sorting this out there were several people also paying July's bill.

Of interest is also the fact that if you are late paying abill they don't cut you off.

Always keep copies of bills, not just for 3BB.

maybe the laws should be changed;

service providers must bill customers within 3 to 6 months from date of rendering service otherwise the customers reserved the rights not to entertain any request for payment

Same happened to me and unfortunately I could not find my receipt. I was also told that I owed two months and when I questioned it I was advised that the second one was for the invoice that had not even been sent out!

3BB are the most disorganized company I have ever seen, here or any where in the world......I have exactly the same problem as the OP, luckily I have all receipts as well, but when ever we go into the office they come up with another story to try and justify the extra months bill they say we owe. The bill clearly states that when you receive it it is for the current month. For example the bill might say billing period July 01 to July 31 amount due is 1099 baht. However if you show them this, they say yes, we know that but it is wrong, the bill is really for the previous month :fight:

basically they just wore me down and I paid the bill..... :wacko:

It's happened to me as well...and I've paid because we couldn't locate that particular receipt altho I know that I paid it....wife's filing system is not too organized.

One thing that I don't understand is that 3bbb doesn't carry over the total balance due to the next month's billing if a previous bill has not been paid. Phone, ubc and other utilities don't let you forget.

Opposite thing happened to me. They stopped billing me and I went in every month to pay anyway but they wouldn't let me. This started around September 2009 when they were still called TT&T here in Phuket. Each time I went to pay I told them to confirm their records because I hadn't paid and didnt want to get my service cut. A small part of me suspected that maybe the landlord was paying it or they had some promotion or something. I told them each time that I did not want a huge bill once they figured out their mistake. Meanwhile the switch to 3BB happened and my several months of decent internet speeds dissolved into contant drop outs, multiple day outages and dial up speeds. Finally after several months of free but now terrible internet, I rather stupidly complained about the bill again. I asked them to check when I last paid the bill. September 2009 they said. It was now March 2010. They scribbled a number on piece of paper as if afraid to speak it outloud....21,000 baht. :cheesy: That was my last dealing with 3BB.

I have to say TOT hasn't been much better. At least I get decent speeds on non=peak hours. 5-11pm weekdays?......Useless.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

• 3 weeks later...

Well, at the time of my OP I went to 3BB in Carrefour and presented my receipts. Everything fine sir, sorry too much.

Then they call again today and repeat the story.

Arrgh. :realangry:

Seriously this company are idiots... they phoned us about 4 months ago and asked if we wanted a free upgrade from 3M to 5m. We thought yeah great.

YES it was free to Upgrade but the tossers didn't tell us that we would be paying 2500 baht per month.... when I got my bill I lost it with them.. Now if I want to downgrade I have to pay a downgrade fee.

Bunch of theiving gypysies iuf you ask me. If I had the opportunity to use someone else I would at the snap of my fingers