Houses/Businesses Displaing A Foreigner Flag

surayu

It is simply good manners. I understood that all countries follow such a convention. I never believed it was "in law" --- but who knows??

In my own country it is simply a (strong) convention-- as indeed it should be!!

"The Australian National Flag should be displayed only in a manner befitting the national emblem.

It should not be subjected to indignity or displayed in a position inferior to any other flag or ensign.

The Flag normally takes precedence over all other national flags when flown in Australia. "

http://www.flagaustn...au/protocol.php

So an Aussie raising the flag would have to put it at same height as the Thai flag...or else the Aussie flag would be displayed in a 'position inferior to' another nations flag.

Here is what happened in the USA when the Mexicans put thier flag above the US flag , and this goes for any other country as well that thinks they can disgrace the US flag.

Right, a good representative for USA and her armed forces (a veteran?).

:lol:

I think not!

Maybe the idiots did not know about the flag rule?

Were they asked/told to change the way they flew it?

What right did this moron have to leave the other flag on the ground?

Did he not disgrace an entire country, just because he was angry at some idiots from that country?

Has USA as a nation not been unfairly targeted by most of the world, just because of a few people?

Finally, what veteran put the flag under his arm like it was any rag?

Do they not teach them how to properly deal with a flag in the US armed forces?

It is simply good manners. I understood that all countries follow such a convention. I never believed it was "in law" --- but who knows??

"The Australian National Flag should be displayed only in a manner befitting the national emblem.

It should not be subjected to indignity or displayed in a position inferior to any other flag or ensign.

The Flag normally takes precedence over all other national flags when flown in Australia. "

So an Aussie raising the flag would have to put it at same height as the Thai flag...or else the Aussie flag would be displayed in a 'position inferior to' another nations flag.

Hi TAWP

On the ball ... as usual ??:rolleyes:

The real reason I included the link was to help you.

But TAWP even without the link --- there was a hint in this " when flown in Australia."

In Thailand the inverse may well apply.

Any more help needed --- no problem -- please post.

Hi TAWP

On the ball ... as usual ??:rolleyes:

The real reason I included the link was to help you.

But TAWP even without the link --- there was a hint in this " when flown in Australia."

In Thailand the inverse may well apply.

Any more help needed --- no problem -- please post.

Just so you know, 'when flown in Australia' is in regards to the third sentence only.

And that sentence wasn't even addressed in my post, as it clearly says there that the flag normally takes precedence over all other national flags 'if flown in Australia'.

But my post was in regards to how they want the flag flown at other places too. Kinda like how the maritime flag instructions doesn't become void because one exists ones home-country's water with ones boat.

But in any way, if one is a foreigner or a foreign/thai mixed household, both flags should be shown at equal respect. Anyone complaining about that need their head examined. (And here I am leaving out the debate of putting too much value into a flag in the first place...)

Just so you know, 'when flown in Australia' is in regards to the third sentence only.

And that sentence wasn't even addressed in my post, as it clearly says there that the flag normally takes precedence over all other national flags 'if flown in Australia'.

But my post was in regards to how they want the flag flown at other places too. Kinda like how the maritime flag instructions doesn't become void because one exists ones home-country's water with ones boat.

But in any way, if one is a foreigner or a foreign/thai mixed household, both flags should be shown at equal respect. Anyone complaining about that need their head examined. (And here I am leaving out the debate of putting too much value into a flag in the first place...)

Hi TAWP

This statement----"

Just so you know, 'when flown in Authe stralia' is in regards to the third sentence only."

---- is an extremely narrow interpretation of the paragraph in link provided. Narrow enough to be to be in my view totally inaccurate. All the sentences under a single heading are very obviously interrelated. Concider:

"Dignity of the flag"

"The Australian National Flag should be displayed only in a manner befitting the national emblem. It should not be subjected to indignity or displayed in a position inferior to any other flag or ensign. The Flag normally takes precedence over all other national flags when flown in Australia."

Anyway --- enough of that and back into the real subject of the topic

I am wondering if instead of a country's flag, someone displays let's say a "fantasy" flag with maybe a roasted chicken or a banana on it, would the same set of "rules" apply to it? like even a company logo's flag, still obliged to put a thai flag next to it in a higher position? :)