Can I Set Up A Pcl (thai Company) Solo?

Anyone ever tried to fill in the forms for a PCL? ....if indeed they can even be done in English language.

If so, from where do I get the documents? Plus, any tips would be useful.

The purpose of the exercise is to incorporate a small film company.

If its too tall an order, what price is ballpark to get a lawyer to do everything?

Thanks

MOOG

Hi Moog -

There is nothing that would prevent you from registering your own TPCL here. There is no English anywhere in the process. If you are the applying individual, and a shareholder, and a director, you will need to sign approximately 25 times on approximately 20 different forms. Then later, more times to obtain VAT and tax registrations. The learning curve is steep, and without a clear rulebook.

"What 20 forms" you might ask? Well, that's just the start. I have a biased viewpoint (I am in the business of providing incorporation services), but I would still think it close to madness to pursue the process on your own, as a relatively uninformed individual, with little or no Thai written language skills. I know one American who is doing the process on his own, piece by piece (over about a year) - and taking great pride in that fact. He's a smart guy, and I'm just amazed at the time he is putting into it - something that he will most likely only do once. He must place VERY little value on his own time.

That's the price you pay - what is the value of your personal time?

References to "sponsors" refer to advertisers on the main www.thaivisa.com website, of which this forum is an apendage.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam Group

www.indo-siam.com

www.thaistartup.com

Hi Moog -

Through my firm, the whole process - company registration at 2,000,000 baht capitalization, VAT registration, tax registration (corporate and personal), social fund registration, work permit (initial, plus interim, plus final), entry permit extension (application, plus two interims, plus final), multiple-entry reentry permit - runs at just under 70,000 baht, including all government and third-party fees (such as lawyer sign-off, and company seal/stamp). Roughly 22,000 of total is direct government fees - inevitable.

Add to that things you do - medical exam, photos, visa run to get Class B visa.

Above does not include "nominee" (proxy) shareholders - this is an additional one-time fee, for those who need help in this area. Also does not include four Thai employees to justify work permit.

For 4,000 baht one-time, plus 15,000 baht per month, can also supply legal registered business address, Thai custodial directorship, and monthly bookkeeping.

That's the quick and dirty - "worst case" (with EVERYTHING)

Most actual cases end up maybe 5,000 baht less expensive, for one reason or another.

My firm has no effective "reach" outside greater Bangkok.

If you send me regular e-mail, I can send you spreadsheet financial model that lays out cost factors, in detail.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam Group

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

The_Moog,

Thank you for your post. Sunbelt Asia Business Advisor has three fulltime registered lawyers able to help you. We are a one stop service for our clients and its why we offer such a low fee but professional service.

By the way, we have an virtual office which is 2,000 Baht for one time registration, then 2,500 per month. ( You need an official corporate address when registering.) If you have already a location, then this is not needed. Accountant is 3,000 Baht per month and up. You can reach us at www.sunbeltasia.com or 02-642-0213 [email protected]

The fees with Sunbelt are...

Government :

Duty stamp 210 Baht

Step 1 Government registration 1,000 Baht

Duty stamp for cap registration 800 Baht

Capital registration for 2 million Baht Co. 10,000 Baht

Tax ID and Corp ID is 100 Baht

Vat (2 million Co.) 1,000 Baht

Work Permit (1 year) 3,000 Baht

Total Government Fees are 16,110

Legal fees:

Company registration (no extra fee for higher capitalization) 7,500 Baht

Personal Tax Id and Corp ID 3,000 Baht

VAT 3,000 Baht

Work Permit plus extensions 9,500

"O" or "B" Visa plus extensions 7,200 Baht

Stamp: Free

Power of Attorney: Free

Total Legal Fees are 30,200

Total .. 46,310 Baht

Hours for our three registered lawyers….

Company registration 3 hours

Waiting in line 2 hours to 8+ hours

Corp Id and Personal ID 1 hour

Waiting in line 5 hours+

Vat 1 hour

Waiting in line 1 hour

Work Permit Preparation 2 hours

Waiting in line up to 5 hours+.

B Visa prep 1 hour

Meetings with Client 3 hours+

Travel time 6 hours+

Guest IT Manager

FWIW outside Bangkok, total setup, including Work Permit etc, and with all the other bits and pieces complete, 55,000 baht, for Treaty of Amity.

Take off about 8,000 for normal Co.,LTD with 7 shareholders.

Takes 6 weeks start to finish.

I've seen alot of law firms in Phuket and Pattaya charge 35,000+ legal for just the company registration. Work permit.. 25,000-35,000, Vat 10,000 Baht, etc etc. Most are not cheap but then again they don't charge the rates the International Lawyers do in BKk of USD$250 -USD$450 per hour.