Norwegian Arrested In Pattaya Underage Sex Bust

webfact

One thing that does concern me is the increasing number of 50 plus ladies of the night, kind of an aesthetic blow on an already not very pretty situation.

:cheesy:

LaoPo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many bars in Pattaya? 5,000 counting Thai bars,10,000? You went to two and asked them if they had girls under 18? Bit of a stretch. "How much do you love me? Up to you." You will get told anything you want to hear. If anyone can tell the difference between a 16 year old and 18 year old Thai streetwalker I would like to meet him.

I didn't ask anyone "if they had any girls under 18". It's the usual girl sidle up next to me asking for a lady drink etc etc. Please quote accurately and don't assume things. :)

I agree with you, obviously you can't tell the difference by looking. That was my point. This could happen to any punter who doesn't scrutinize ID cards AND know the Thai year system. Even then.....

Better to stay 25+ if you are going for pay for play in LOS.

This is why the current attempt to attack the most visible offenders has to be supported. Anyone that spends time in Thailand and that isn't a perv, has a vested interest in the success of the current change in attitude of Pattaya's immigration department. Flush the toilet asap.

Of course Farang are always the "most visible" offenders when it comes to sex in Thailand and especially with the under aged....but what about Thai offenders themselves ?

If the "Thai" offenders-toilet would be flushed the Gulf of Thailand would face a serious flood...... the "Farang" offending-toilet is minor in comparison.

Westerners always complain that the sex industry in Thailand was invented and created by Farang.

It wasn't and isn't it just gets more -Farang- attention.

LaoPo

You have to ask yourself, what key element and influence has disrupted this pleasant coastal area of 30 years ago? It wasn't like this decades ago - have any guesses?

ya ba happened

I agree 100% most of the offenders caught are claiming they need the money to feed their drug habit, tackling the drug problem head on should have a follow on effect with crime reduction but none the less it is an increasing statistic in pataya

going back to the subject matter of this news thread, it is important for people to take what ever means available to check the ages of girls that you engage, as the article says it is very hard to tell some mature 16 year olds from over 20's, if in doubt walk away.

So stick with the 50 plus gals to be safe? I think I'd rather go out for a good steak.

And there we have the heart of the issue. Thailand is taking a page out of the Philippines book. The underage scam is showing it’s head in Pattaya. So you all better watch out. Is she 26 or 16? I have been around a while and l can guarantee you it is not always possible to tell. Her id? Her sisters, her friends. Do you have any idea how easy it is to get a real id in Pattaya? Thai bars hold them for non payment of bar bills. Does your hotel know if she has a fake id? No of course not.

The real issue is another scam. It is the underage scam and it is expensive.

So the next time you pick up a woman who you think is under 30 ask yourself, “is it worth it.”

There are 2 sides to every story.

It would be nice if the "anti-human trafficking" police would raid Pattaya bars.

I would ne all in favor of buring or bulldozing any found to have underage workers.

Of course that isn't going to happen because the bars have their ways of getting tipped off.

The same double standard that says a falang who buys kids is a monster but the parents who sold her are innocent little angels.

Thailand Pot Kettle Black.

I was watching a couple excerpts on the weekend from the TMZ website(updates on the Kobayashi case, he was acquitted) and they do a street interview with the guy Peterson (sic) who hosts NBC's To catch a Predator show, where the guy tapes cops arresting internet perverts and they ask the guy what he's been up to. He responds that he was in "Asia" for a week. This then gets the host and reporters (guest host is the WWE champion or something) talking about Thailand and how it is filled with pedophiles and sex offenders.

Ok, sure, it might be a bit over the top, but the few minutes of chatter reaches millions of people and and reinforces the perception that Thailand is the place to go if ypu are a kiddie diddler or perv. TaT and the PM can blow all the hot air they want, but when one of the most popular entertainment shows streams broadcasts in hundreds of major markets that your country is a haven for pervs, you got trouble with a capital T. All about perceptions. It is time that Thailand made a massive show of force and wiped the country clean of the people that have helped tarnish the nations reputation. What family wants to go and visit a place where the image is one of old men molesting kids.

This is why the current attempt to attack the most visible offenders has to be supported. Anyone that spends time in Thailand and that isn't a perv, has a vested interest in the success of the current change in attitude of Pattaya's immigration department. Flush the toilet asap.

:whistling:

I'd comment ( on the last paragraph ), but I might get banned if I said what I thought!

Norwegian Arrested in Dubious Pattaya Underage Sex Bust

Strange that the topic title is different than the original one from it's source: Pattaya Daily News which uses the explicit word Dubious.

I think the 'dubious' word was added when the editor edited the article after it was first published.

The real issue is another scam. It is the underage scam and it is expensive.

So the next time you pick up a woman who you think is under 30 ask yourself, "is it worth it."

I agree, this has all the hallmarks of a scam and if Pattaya garners a reputation as an underage scam-capital legitimate tourists will be scared off in no time for fear of being busted when they honestly thought their new girlfriend was over 18.

So slowly the nightlife dies, business investment peters out and the city loses its unique appeal (nightlife not underage sex).

Pattaya without the nightlife would be a rather sad, tawdry town wrappped around a polluted bay. I hate to disillusion some folk out there, but a five star holiday destitation it ain't.

It doesn't matter how long you live here, or even in which region, there is always one smell that stands out above all the rest...... and you get to smell it every time to turn on the news or read TV, it's very distinctive.

Of course Farang are always the "most visible" offenders when it comes to sex in Thailand and especially with the under aged....but what about Thai offenders themselves ?

If the "Thai" offenders-toilet would be flushed the Gulf of Thailand would face a serious flood...... the "Farang" offending-toilet is minor in comparison.

Westerners always complain that the sex industry in Thailand was invented and created by Farang.

It wasn't and isn't it just gets more -Farang- attention.

LaoPo

I must agree with you on this one. And there's always some scam to take the farang down for it, as they wouldn't get the press or the money from busting Thai's in karaoke clubs owned by Thais. I was once approached on Soi Sukumvit in Bangkok, by a girl who looked way under age. I though it was a set up, so I said show me your ID. She cursed at me to go away and then knocked on the closed looking shop window behind where she was sitting on the curb. But that was at least 5 years ago. I now live in a fairly quiet area with my GF and dog and never go near the "entertainment areas" of Thailand... If you look for trouble here in Thailand, it will find you!

In addition, what makes Mr. Larsen's case so important? A walk down Pattaya's Beach Road anytime of the day or night will reveal numerous other potential cases of this nature, just from the shear youthful look of the majority of Thai women, "fingers can be pointed." "

Well - you could refrain from using prostitutes and then this sort of thing is pretty unlikely to happen.

You could also look for gals that are obviously of legal age - say aim for 28 years plus.

Of course, if you like 'em young looking, then you may 'fall foul' to this sort of thing.

Can't say I have a whole lot of sympathy.

How many bars in Pattaya? 5,000 counting Thai bars,10,000? You went to two and asked them if they had girls under 18? Bit of a stretch. "How much do you love me? Up to you." You will get told anything you want to hear. If anyone can tell the difference between a 16 year old and 18 year old Thai streetwalker I would like to meet him.

Then don't go out looking for gals that appear to be 18 !

maybe he is guilty of the crime,he did wrong.but i,am sure many more are doing similar in pattaya.thais included.the girls that escape when police raid a bar are probadly under age or drugs involved.who is the employer a thai maybe or farlang.they must know before they work in the bar.it seems that is a way of life for many in pattaya right or wrong

In addition, what makes Mr. Larsen's case so important? A walk down Pattaya's Beach Road anytime of the day or night will reveal numerous other potential cases of this nature, just from the shear youthful look of the majority of Thai women, "fingers can be pointed." "

Well - you could refrain from using prostitutes and then this sort of thing is pretty unlikely to happen.

You could also look for gals that are obviously of legal age - say aim for 28 years plus.

Of course, if you like 'em young looking, then you may 'fall foul' to this sort of thing.

Can't say I have a whole lot of sympathy.

:annoyed:

The way you quote looks like if I was the writer of the part which says it is my quote.

Just to clarify: It IS NOT MY QUOTE but a quote from the OP article in Pattaya Daily News..

ALSO: the way you write suggests that I am "using" prostitutes which is an accusation; please refrain from writing and quoting the way you do Sir :angry:

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Who else on this board feels the crime rate in Patters in way off the charts.

Should be right to say the percentage of the population with dodgy attitudes and disposition is quite on the high side.

You have to ask yourself, what key element and influence has disrupted this pleasant coastal area of 30 years ago? It wasn't like this decades ago - have any guesses?

Yes, money and corruption from the bottom right up to the top. It is rotten to the core.

I believe Pattaya is heading to be in the top ten league of crime capitals of the world. Criminals move to Pattaya, crime brings in money, money attracts corrupt officials and so continues the circle.

For example, someone or some criminal outfit must be running and supplying these children for sex.

The only way to clean up this cesspit is to bring in government law enforcers from outside of Pattaya. Needs a Thai version of Elliot Ness from the days of the untouchables. Will it ever happen?

For the present, Pattaya is certainly a place to avoid.

Edited by Beetlejuice

First of all the edirorial comment under the article was quite thought provoking.

Secondly, what really concerns me when I see a case like this is that it seems that laws relating to underage sex are not being treated seriously. When that happens genuine victims might not get the protection they need. I am not saying cases like this should be ignored, but that everything needs to be put in perspective and the overall picture should not become blurred.

It is sadly a fact that underage sex workers are available in Pattaya and many other parts of Thailand. To imply they are the majority is absurd. One thing that does concern me is the increasing number of 50 plus ladies of the night, kind of an aesthetic blow on an already not very pretty situation.

How old are you?

• Like 1

It is sadly a fact that underage sex workers are available in Pattaya and many other parts of Thailand. To imply they are the majority is absurd. One thing that does concern me is the increasing number of 50 plus ladies of the night, kind of an aesthetic blow on an already not very pretty situation.

How old are you?

Boxers or jockeys?

One thing that does concern me is the increasing number of 50 plus ladies of the night, kind of an aesthetic blow on an already not very pretty situation.

Thank you for warning us about this situation. Maybe the boys in brown should start arresting their customers just for having very questionable taste? :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes I think there is a very god reason for what seem like a recent crackdown

on certain activities in Pattaya.

Google the words "Violence Against Women in Thailand Campaign"

and you will be able to find the answer

If anyone thinks that apparently entrapping one foreign tourist will in any way help to reduce prostitution they are crazy. What a catch. A girl who claimed to be legal who isn't by about 15 minutes.

Of course, closing the bars themselves would be far too much effort. How would the police ever find such well hidden and discrete places?

Norwegian Arrested in Dubious Pattaya Underage Sex Bust

Strange that the topic title is different than the original one from it's source: Pattaya Daily News which uses the explicit word Dubious.

Dubious indeed since the article says:

Pattaya Daily News:

"Editors Note: Without negating the seriousness of any case involving sexual intercourse with a minor, this particular instance reveals some very "scary" situations that a foreigner could find himself in when dealing with Pattaya's working girls.

In this case, the girl was openly touting her 'business' in South Pattaya and at 16 was completely aware of the situation she was in and the ramifications any arrest could have for herself and her customers. We all are aware of why these girls are forced into such measures to earn money, but more importantly should not deny that it has some relevance in a case of this nature.

Thai identification cards are a "dime a dozen," why was she not using a fake or friends card to conceal her age, especially when hotels are increasingly more stringent in keeping records, (not the case in this instance but a plausible situation nonetheless). Having seen the young girl (not shown due to age), we can confirm that for all intensive purposes, as is so often the case, it is impossible to determine whether she is 16, 18 or 20-years-old without having documented proof.

http://www.pattayada...erage-sex-bust/

AND: who is the girl in the video? She certainly doesn't look like a street girl....Interpreter/translator perhaps ?

Next to that: the "arrested" man walks out of the police station a little later....

LaoPo

Good post LaoPo as usual with valid points. Why was this publicized so much? Has to be a show or as some suggest, even a setup to extort money. This case is not so bad - everyone to their own tastes - in my 20s I was with girls that age too, but that was over 30 years ago. I also agree that guessing a young Thai girls age or for that matter any girl from 16 to 20, is very difficult. Just going on looks alone,unless you speak the girls language, in this case Thai, I say it is near impossible. All over the world, young girls dress and make themselves up to look older. Old girls dress and make themselves up to look younger. A 10 minute conversation with either, is usually enough to determine their age. The opposite happens if they ever go in front of a Judge. That 18 year old suddenly looks 15, so the police get to win. That 40 year old suddenly looks 60, so to get the judges sympathy. In this case the girl is Thai. She is obviously not a little kid and I think that should be the main point here. So the guy likes em young, as many do. That is not a crime anywhere, if she or he is of legal age. It's a moral or social issue and should be judged as such. The girl should be made to appear in court "as she was/looked" the day of the arrest and the decision made on that basis. I personally feel disgusted by pedophiles, but am am also just as disgusted and concerned, by the ruining of a guys whole life, by being convicted or even labeled, which can be just as bad, in a borderline case like this. Once he gets this label, it is for life! I say concentrate on the more crucial issue of real and obvious abuse of children, don't waste time and money on dramatizing what is clearly a social issue of personal choice. How we personally feel about this, has nothing to do with the legality of the case. I am still in love and more than happy, with my 44 year old Thai wife, after 8 years of good marriage and will stay that way. My choice.

I have heard about these setups for years. An underage girl (who looks 18 or older...who can tell?) goes back to your room and 10 minutes later a knock on the door by the BiB. I have no personal experience with this (luckily), but I have heard a quick payment usually settles it. Just like getting caught with pot, or speeding, or drunk driving, etc. No quick payment, you could be off to the slammer...and much worse times lie ahead.

I've been down Beach Road many, many, many times. I'm married, but still enjoy the views! :whistling: And wifey walks with me also from time to time. She has pointed out to me the many girls there who are underage. Some walking hand in hand with farangs. So why not do a crack down BEFORE they get a customer? It would be so easy...but then again, you would have to crack down on all the bars that employ them also...too much tea money involved to do that...

So they nabbed one guy. Unlucky for sure. What about all the other stuff that goes on here in Thailand? Prostitution is illegal! So is gambling. So are after hours clubs. I was at a beer bar one night. It was my birthday and we wanted to stay around for another few drinks. The (farang) owner closed the curtains and about an hour later the BiB showed up. His Thai wife pulled out some cash, handed it over, and that was it! We partied for another few hours.

I loved that article a few weeks ago about a gambling den being busted by the navy cops. The lady manager told them to buzz off and to call the local cop. I guess she was giving him like 30k Baht a month to let her operate. As we all know, this is normal here.

Until they fix the police department, Thailand will be a mess...at least from a legal point of view! :D

Who else on this board feels the crime rate in Patters in way off the charts.

Should be right to say the percentage of the population with dodgy attitudes and disposition is quite on the high side.

Yes, money and corruption from the bottom right up to the top. It is rotten to the core.

I believe Pattaya is heading to be in the top ten league of crime capitals of the world. Criminals move to Pattaya, crime brings in money, money attracts corrupt officials and so continues the circle.

For example, someone or some criminal outfit must be running and supplying these children for sex.

The only way to clean up this cesspit is to bring in government law enforcers from outside of Pattaya. Needs a Thai version of Elliot Ness from the days of the untouchables. Will it ever happen?

For the present, Pattaya is certainly a place to avoid.

Your naiveté would be cute except this is a serious issue. First off, a 16 or 17 year old hooker is not a child, more than likely she has been in the business for 2 or 3 years, hooked on yaba, has a Thai boyfriend and started in a Thai bar in a smaller town up north.

How do they get in the business? You have to know something about rural Thailand to get the answer. She gets out of school at what age? 12, maybe 13. She is expected by her parents and community to get a job.

You do know there between 2 and 3 million hookers in Thailand, don’t you?

She starts in a Thai bar and one day meets a working lady from Pattaya home for the holidays. She goes back to Pattaya, bus ticket is cheap. No criminal syndicate involved.

But don’t believe me. Go to the bus terminals in Pattaya, you can see them coming every day.

1. India and Cambodia. That's the home for perverts, as you should know.

2. Your case for cleaning up Thailand sounds noble but corruption is a far more serious economic burden than some supposed stories about perverts.

3. Your case for cleaning up Thailand also is misguided as 95% of prostitution is Thai on Thai and you very well know that too.

4. Do you really think Thais are going to close up shop to assuage your western conscience.

Let's deal with your points in their order;

1. Yes Cambodia has problems. However, when people think of Cambodia, they still have the genocide of Pol Pot seared in their minds. What goes on in Cambodia is much worse, but the killing fields are a more powerful association. India? Go on. People think of filth, poverty, weird Indian movies with dancing and call centers. When people think of Thailand, they think of sex. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. it's the image that counts in marketing. This negative attribute does harm to the tourism trade and damages Thailand's credibility with other countries. Who is going to take a country that is seen as a haven for sex offenders?

2. Yes, corruption is enemy number 1. However, part & parcel of corruption is the presence of the criminals from abroad.

3. Your logic is empty. Of course the majority of prostituion is going to involve Thais with Thais, because the majority of residents are Thais. By the same token the majority of prostitution in Australia, the UK, the USA etc. is going to involve the respective nationals. The difference though is that Thais do not go to the USA to have sex with kids. Nor do Canadians usually travel to the UK to have sex with underage prostitutes. However, foreigners from all over head to Thailand for the opportunities. Thailand (and Cambodia) are perceived as the meccas of such acts. Again, I stress it is all about image. I sympathize with some of the Pattaya foreign residents that are decent responsible adults who are tarred and vilified by the actions of a small minority of the foreign population.

4. it is not my western conscience, but the views of the majority of Thais. They do not want foreigners coming to Thailand that engage in such depravity any more than Americans, Australians, Germans etc. would want foreigners showing up to prey on their local kids. These diddlers make trouble for the rest of us. I am fed up of having my laptop examined for porn when I land in LAX. I am fed up when I am on conference calls as we wait for others to dial in, having the snide comments about the going rate is for sex.

What I wish to impress upon you, is that everytime one of these creeps pops up in the news, it makes life difficult for everyone else.

When people think of Thailand, they think of sex.

A lot of normal people do not. They think about beautiful beaches and happy, smiling people. It is mostly lonely old perverts who think of Thailand as just a place to finally get laid. :whistling:

Edited by Ulysses G.