Gov Proposes Changes To Entertainment Zones

george

Gov proposes changes to entertainment zones

PHUKET CITY: -- Governor Udomsak Uswarangkura has announced proposals for new, larger entertainment zones for Phuket, subject to public consultation.

The proposed new entertainment zones, in all three districts, were discussed at a meeting yesterday at Phuket Provincial Hall.

“This is the first step in the expansion of our entertainment zones,” Gov Udomsak said. “Each district will conduct a one-month round of consultations with the public. After that, we will decide upon the most suitable locations for entertainment venues.”

The proposed new zones are as follows:

Muang district:

* North of Nimit Circle along Tilok Uthit 2 Rd up to to Phang Nga Rd;

* 200 meters south of Nimit Circle along Ong Sim Phai Rd;

* West of Nimit Circle along Chana-Charoen Rd to Tilok Uthit 1 Rd;

* Phoon Phol Night Bazaar.

Thalang District:

* 150m west from the intersection of the airport entry road and Thepkrasattri Rd;

* 100m each side of road No. 4025 (Ao Bang Tao Rd), from the intersection with the road leading to Surin Beach, as far as the Bang Tao Beach Village Hotel (Soi Hua Tieow).

Kathu District:

* Patong, covering a boot-shaped area bordered on the west by the beach road, from Banana Disco & Pub to the Beach House.

* The line then turns east to Sirirat Rd near Simon Cabaret, then curves north toward a point southeast of the Sun Hill, before turning northwest across Nanai Rd, jinking southwest to a point east of Patong Street Inn, about midway between Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd and Nanai Rd.

Finally, the line goes north between the two roads, running parallel to the beach, as far as the edge of the existing zone, just north of the Jungceylon site, before turning west again to join the beach road.

Wansurachart Dej-Aran, Chief Administrative Officer (Palad) of Kathu District, was in favor of the expanded zone for Patong. He commented, “In fact, there are many unlicensed businesses around Patong Beach. Why not help these bars to operate legally [by expanding the entertainment zone]?”

K. Wansurachart refuted the view that broadening the zones poses a threat to hotels as entertainment venues.

“[Actually], entertainment venues are often partly owned by hotels and some hotels even have space available for entertainment companies to rent.

“[The benefit of expanded zones is that] people won’t nee d to open clandestine bars because the new zoning gives them the opportunity to operate lawfully.”

He continued, “The proposed zones are good locations for entertainment venues as they are not close to residential areas, temples or other public areas.”

--Phuket Gazette 2005-07-08

Thanks for that post, George.

Quote: He continued, “The proposed zones are good locations for entertainment venues as they are not close to residential areas, temples or other public areas.”

Town planning finally comes to Thailand ??? Public consultation ???

I have a dream that one day this will be the norm. There's nothing worse than buying a nice house or condo - and then find that somebody decides to start up a noisy bar a couple of doors away - ruining the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood.

I wish you every success, Governor Udomsak Uswarangkura. Please inform the Mayor of Pattaya how your efforts go.

Peter

I have a dream that one day this will be the norm. There's nothing worse than buying a nice house or condo - and then find that somebody decides to start up a noisy bar a couple of doors away - ruining the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood.

I wish you every success, Governor Udomsak Uswarangkura. Please inform the Mayor of Pattaya how your efforts go.

Peter

Peter let me guess you moved to Pattaya in the first place because of the peace and quiet? Or maybe just for a piece. When you first came to Thailand you said to everyone man I am going to buy a condo here so I can enjoy all the peace and quiet.

:o Let’s be real Peter you are the typical twisted farang that comes to Thailand to stay, you want to do all the partying but when you are not doing it, it should be peaceful and quiet. Space is limited in Thailand and anyone that opens anything it is usually because of the demand in the area and they can survive on it.

I have nothing against zones in a country that can afford the space for zones. The bottom line is they are developing zones so they can build high price housing in which Thais can’t afford. What they are discussing is bigger than you can even see but you are more worried about your peace and quiet.

Thailand is a party country if it is to noisy for you here go back to where ever it is you came from and live in that restrictive life.

Let governments remove a little of your freedom everyday and before you know it you don’t have anything left.

And remember this is Thailand you came here for a reason if you want it to be so much like other countries just go live there. Or is it that in those other countries you are nobody and a loser.

Party hard in Thailand and all cry babies go home. :D:D

Peter

Peter let me guess you moved to Pattaya in the first place because of the peace and quiet? Or maybe just for a piece. When you first came to Thailand you said to everyone man I am going to buy a condo here so I can enjoy all the peace and quiet.

:o Let’s be real Peter you are the typical twisted farang that comes to Thailand to stay, you want to do all the partying but when you are not doing it, it should be peaceful and quiet. Space is limited in Thailand and anyone that opens anything it is usually because of the demand in the area and they can survive on it.

I have nothing against zones in a country that can afford the space for zones. The bottom line is they are developing zones so they can build high price housing in which Thais can’t afford. What they are discussing is bigger than you can even see but you are more worried about your peace and quiet.

Thailand is a party country if it is to noisy for you here go back to where ever it is you came from and live in that restrictive life.

Let governments remove a little of your freedom everyday and before you know it you don’t have anything left.

And remember this is Thailand you came here for a reason if you want it to be so much like other countries just go live there. Or is it that in those other countries you are nobody and a loser.

We all like to party at times...but what Peter is saying makes absolute sense to anyone who can see further that the bottle of Singha and the bar girl`s smile.

Maybe you should go to Ibiza where there seems to be a 24 hour rowdy party culture and very little peace and quiet and total disrespect for most people, although I do believe that there are even quiet havens there. :D

Maybe you should go to Ibiza where there seems to be a 24 hour rowdy party
Why would I go there this is my country. For those who can't handle the noise leave that is what I am saying.

Thank you for the insite I will do some research about Ibiza and see if I can bring more of that here.

I always enjoy new cultures and styles in my place of business.

but what Peter is saying makes absolute sense to anyone who can see further that the bottle of Singha and the bar girl`s smile.

Don't you get it? That is the whole point of Thailand you aren't suppose to see past the bottle or the ladies. Welcome to Thailand the Land of Smiles. Well how do you think the smiles got there by peace and quiet.

Not welcome to USA, UK, Singapore, Japan, etc. the Land of restrictions. That is all I am saying.

Remember if you need peace and quiet your no longer are happy here.

and total disrespect for most people,

This is a party country and there is very little disrespect from anyside Thai, and farang alike. Keep trying to change the style here and I will bet you that this will change also.

You guys need to look at the big picture. If they are going to set zones for the party's

Party hard in Thailand and all cry babies go home. :o:D

Edited by realthaiperson

This is a party country and there is very little disrespect from anyside Thai, and farang alike. Keep trying to change the style here and I will bet you that this will change also.

Party hard in Thailand and all cry babies go home. :o  :D

You wouldn't just happen to own a bar, would you, realthaiperson?

I doubt if your King sees Thailand as a "party country"...

Let’s be real Peter you are the typical twisted farang that comes to Thailand to stay, you want to do all the partying but when you are not doing it, it should be peaceful and quiet. Space is limited in Thailand and anyone that opens anything it is usually because of the demand in the area and they can survive on it.

Hello realthaiperson....Well you seems like a thai that owned a bar or pubs...

well why do you hate it when Your goverment wants to set up an entertainment area away from the residential area???

Im curious....Thailand should now restrict those people from opening a bar or even small pub in residential area,,,this could give bad influence to young kids...

Look here Realthaiperson...Well not all thai will be happy by your oppinion about the Entertainment are,,,,

Common...Look towards the future..Thailand is already 10 years behind from the rest of the world...

And its good that they are thinking of developing their entertainment scene away from residential area....

If you look at your neighbour..Malaysia their entertainment area is at Pudu,Chaokit,etc and in Singapore its at orchard Rd,City HAll,Boat Quey,Md Sultan..

The goverments planning is good..So You have to accept it....

Maybe you wants to influence your child to be a bar worker when they grow up ??thats why u like it nearer to your home???

Anyway Thailand is a very Big country they should implement an entertainment ZONE here...

I am really sick of those pubs oeping at residential area...TO be honest im living at sukumvit rd and my god a big disco is just opposite my condo...MAkes me wanna tell them to shut off those loud music...

Edited by tytus

Peter

:D Let’s be real Peter you are the typical twisted farang that comes to Thailand to stay, you want to do all the partying but when you are not doing it, it should be peaceful and quiet. Space is limited in Thailand and anyone that opens anything it is usually because of the demand in the area and they can survive on it.

Nice post Richard. :D

It's a pity you didn't do a tiny bit research of Peter's previous posts........ :o

You would know that he is building a house a long, long way from Patty.

I suggest that you look before you leap & open your big gob in future.

Have a nice day......

Peter

Well thats interesting, I didn't know that all of Thialand was a party place and that you couldn't live in peace and quiet here. I really must be doing something wrong. Truth is the country has many many things to offer, beyond the tourist areas. But each person has to decide the lifetstyle thay want. I used to live a few hundred miles from Las Vegas and would usually go there a few times a year. We like to refer to them as mini vacations, I have then here as well just about a often, I will go to the tourist places for a change of pace.

Zoning is not neccesarily a bad thing, it can help to offer different venues for different people. If they want to party 7/24 who cares unless you are that guy who works at the bank and need to work during the day. That is what zoning is meant to provide, not a restriction on the numb of businesses.

Party hard in Thailand and all cry babies go home. :D  :D

Congrats, that the greatest piece of bovine droppings I have come accross for a while (or ever? :o ) at thaivisa.com. Administrators, aint there a medal for let's say the "greatest w..k and misunderstanding of Thailand of the year". Anyone still wondering why government is tightening up the rules. I am striving and hoping to obtain Thai citizenship one day and guess whom I gonna elect then?

Reading this kind of garbage just gives evidence that the present broom ain't big enough.

Sincerely,

Richard and have a good, enjoyable life (but please not in Thailand) :D

Is there any possible topic on TV forum that you can post on without starting a computer-based screaming match ????

I am going to think of the most unlikely subject, i.e. It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining....and see how many people want to argue with me....... :o

Is there any possible topic on TV forum that you can post on without starting a computer-based screaming match ????

I am going to think of the most unlikely subject, i.e. It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining....and see how many people want to argue with me....... :o

Good luck I haven't been able to pull that one off yet. LOL

I am going to think of the most unlikely subject, i.e. It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining....and see how many people want to argue with me....... :D

Typical i bet you never took the time or effort to research all the nice friendly posts over the years here on TV, just moaning and whining about it wont change it.. Joking.. i agree and i think it's a beautiful day too :o

Gov proposes changes to entertainment zones

* 100m each side of road No. 4025 (Ao Bang Tao Rd), from the intersection with the road leading to Surin Beach, as far as the Bang Tao Beach Village Hotel (Soi Hua Tieow).

That'll go down well with the nearby Muslim village

Not welcome to USA, UK, Singapore, Japan, etc. the Land of restrictions. That is all I am saying.

Not the land of restrictions. Now, thats funny. How come the bars are (supposed) to be shut at 2 in Bkk and what is down Phucket?? Not like it's open like Ibiza or has the relaxed out look on tourists as such. Urine tests, tea money, etc etc.

Entertainment zones are great. They work well in Adelaide. Keeping the music and entertainment in those zones. Better to know wats going on then backyard bom boxes with Yabba yabba going on.

Could go on and on. :o

Carl

Not the land of restrictions. Now, thats funny. How come the bars are (supposed) to be shut at 2 in Bkk and what is down Phucket?? Not like it's open like Ibiza or has the relaxed out look on tourists as such. Urine tests, tea money, etc etc.

Entertainment zones are great. They work well in Adelaide. Keeping the music and entertainment in those zones. Better to know wats going on then backyard bom boxes with Yabba yabba going on.

Carl

Entertainment zones are great in LOS....?! Hellooooo??? This country depends on tourists, for most of them to "have fun" when on holiday>>>> name it.

I bet, most of us make a living on tourists ( South Thailand and BKK I hope....) so with full respect try to imagine BKK as Adelaide for instance...

I am going to think of the most unlikely subject, i.e. It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining....and see how many people want to argue with me....... :D

Typical i bet you never took the time or effort to research all the nice friendly posts over the years here on TV, just moaning and whining about it wont change it.. Joking.. i agree and i think it's a beautiful day too :o

Well done! Been lovely day today.

Yep, sun is shining, blue bright sky over BKK this morning... darn, absolutely no base to start an argument about the wheather :D

Well, as far as entertainment zoning, Thailand is a party country and everything is just about booze and girls and the steady emphasis that Thailand depends so much on tourism and if it is tried to implement laws and lift it from a develping country to a industry country it'll go down the drain...etc. is concerned:

Granted a substantial part of income is coming from tourism but like many other countries Thailand is not exclusively depending on it while Ibiza (just a small island and very small part of Spain) would be nothing but a sunny, dusty desert if tourists stay away.

Well, just take a walk at BKK or anywhere in Thailand and one will discover that are heaps of companies, factories, agricultural areas that have nothing but absolutely nothing to do with tourism and there are no karaoke bars in close distance. No indication at all that one is walking in party country. Take a walk along Sathorn road and well, same situation. If Thailand is a party country and nothing but that how come that the embassies, banks etc. not neighboring nightlife scenes. Poor ambassodors and bank directors gotta walk forever to get drunk or for a quicky during their lunch breaks which should be possible anywhere and any time in a "party country"? Neither any bars right besides the numerous schools or temples. Possibly, there is actually much more to the country than just being a big party stage or the muppet show of the world?

Ever checked in your home countries where your canned tuna, canned fruits, branded polo shirt, parboiled rice in a bag etc. come from? Hoops, Thailand has some other industry as well besides tourism and even if those foreign travelers stay away (like in the case of SARS etc.) she doesn't turn into an Asian impoverished third world country over night.

Face it but those regular threats by "tourists" that they do not bring their handful of dollars to LOS anymore are just as annoying as an elephant's fart but that's pretty much it. A few ladies may not feature the latest mobile phones anymore, wear a gold gold chain less and get a few good night sleeps more but besides that... Also there are still the "quality" tourists Joe Average with his wife Linda Average and his kids Donald and Bambi Average that came to LOS because of attractions other than partying, drinking and banging their brain out.

Don't get confused by the country's western capital name. It is NOT just all about banging but rather just a coincidence of terms. :o

A few days ago I was forced to go for business to Sukhumvit Soi 4 at around 2.00 h pm (= afternoon and not early morning hours). Neither my wife nor myself haven't been there for years and well I guess the situation there can easily put Ibiza to shame. Open air bars en masse loaded with heaps of "tourists" and "hostesses" popping bear bottles. A bizarr zoo just a few steps off Sukhumvit road. Hope Joe Average and his family never ends up there by accident and take their impressions home.

Thailand will surely never turn into a second Singapore, Germany, USA, Japan, UK etc. even if the one or the other new law or regulation will be implemented because Thai mentality is just too different from those states which makes LOS an exotic, confusing, lovable, chaotic, charming place to be. We have our problems here and like any other countries we strive for improvement in the interest of the nation and the majority of its people represented by law abiding, family loving and caring individuals.

It can not be right allowing that the entire country will be taken over by pissheads, hookers, freaks etc. and hence entertainment zoning appears to be the ideal compromise. Yes, there are indeed times to party but does it need to be without any decency, dignity and consideration for all those millions of people living and working in LOS and don't make a living in the entertainment industry?

Party but without ruin the house is surely a legitimate request, isn't it?

Assuming that LOS got her name from alcohol and bar girls is hilarious because a drunk's happiness or working lady's smile is as real as a mouthful of jacket crowns. LOS got its name from the Thai people that smile from the heart initiated from the joy to live in the country and being part of it. Ever noticed the brightest smile seems always to come from the poorest. To discover it, however, you must not get your sight defussed by looking through a beer bottle and all of a sudden one may discover the Kingdom of Thailand rather than just the world's greatest party stage.

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers,

Richard :D

Entertainment zones are great. They work well in Adelaide. Keeping the music and entertainment in those zones. Better to know wats going on than backyard bom boxes with Yabba yabba going on.

Carl

Entertainment zones are great in LOS....?! Hellooooo??? This country depends on tourists, for most of them to "have fun" when on holiday>>>> name it.

I bet, most of us make a living on tourists ( South Thailand and BKK I hope....) so with full respect try to imagine BKK as Adelaide for instance...

Hellooooo

I think you missed my point by lets say at least a mile. Please re-read my response and what it was responding too.

Carl

Yep, sun is shining, blue bright sky over BKK this morning... darn, absolutely no base to start an argument about the wheather  :D

Well, as far as entertainment zoning, Thailand is a party country and everything is just about booze and girls and the steady emphasis that Thailand depends so much on tourism and if it is tried to implement laws and lift it from a develping country to a industry country it'll go down the drain...etc. is concerned:

Granted a substantial part of income is coming from tourism but like many other countries Thailand is not exclusively depending on it while Ibiza (just a small island and very small part of Spain) would be nothing but a sunny, dusty desert if tourists stay away.

Well, just take a walk at BKK or anywhere in Thailand and one will discover that are heaps of companies, factories, agricultural areas that have nothing but absolutely nothing to do with tourism and there are no karaoke bars in close distance. No indication at all that one is walking in party country. Take a walk along Sathorn road and well, same situation. If Thailand is a party country and nothing but that how come that the embassies, banks etc. not neighboring nightlife scenes. Poor ambassodors and bank directors gotta walk forever to get drunk or for a quicky during their lunch breaks which should be possible anywhere and any time in a "party country"? Neither any bars right besides the numerous schools or temples. Possibly, there is actually much more to the country than just being a big party stage or the muppet show of the world?

Ever checked in your home countries where your canned tuna, canned fruits, branded polo shirt, parboiled rice in a bag etc. come from? Hoops, Thailand has some other industry as well besides tourism and even if those foreign travelers stay away  (like in the case of SARS etc.) she doesn't turn into an Asian impoverished third world country over night.

Face it but those regular threats by "tourists" that they do not bring their handful of dollars to LOS anymore are just as annoying as an elephant's fart but that's pretty much it. A few ladies may not feature the latest mobile phones anymore, wear a gold gold chain less and get a few good night sleeps more but besides that... Also there are still the "quality" tourists Joe Average with his wife Linda Average and his kids Donald and Bambi Average that came to LOS because of attractions other than partying, drinking and banging their brain out.

Don't get confused by the country's western capital name. It is NOT just all about banging but rather just a coincidence of terms.  :o

A few days ago I was forced to go for business to Sukhumvit Soi 4 at around 2.00 h pm (= afternoon and not early morning hours). Neither my wife nor myself haven't been there for years and well I guess the situation there can easily put Ibiza to shame. Open air bars en masse loaded with heaps of "tourists" and "hostesses" popping bear bottles. A bizarr zoo just a few steps off Sukhumvit road. Hope Joe Average and his family never ends up there by accident and take their impressions home.

Thailand will surely never turn into a second Singapore, Germany, USA, Japan, UK etc. even if the one or the other new law or regulation will be implemented because Thai mentality is just too different from those states which makes LOS an exotic, confusing, lovable, chaotic, charming place to be. We have our problems here and like any other countries we strive for improvement in the interest of the nation and the majority of its people represented by law abiding, family loving and caring individuals.

It can not be right allowing that the entire country will be taken over by pissheads, hookers, freaks etc. and hence entertainment zoning appears to be the ideal compromise. Yes, there are indeed times to party but does it need to be without any decency, dignity and consideration for all those millions of people living and working in LOS and don't make a living in the entertainment industry?

Party but without ruin the house is surely a legitimate request, isn't it?

Assuming that LOS got her name from alcohol and bar girls is hilarious because a drunk's happiness or working lady's smile is as real as a mouthful of jacket crowns.  LOS got its name from the Thai people that smile from the heart initiated from the joy to live in the country and being part of it. Ever noticed the brightest smile seems always to come from the poorest. To discover it, however, you must not get your sight defussed by looking through a beer bottle and all of a sudden one may discover the Kingdom of Thailand rather than just the world's greatest party stage. 

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers,

Richard  :D

Well said there is lot about this country that the tourist will never know.

Party hard in Thailand and all cry babies go home. :o  :D

I live in Kamala and its a relatively quiet place and in fact those bars finding it necessary to have too much noise normally find local farangs not visiting and as they mostly depend on that for the low season... (most of the year)

In short too much noise and in that case the (mostly Thai) owners will find they loose money...

And added to that there are too many bars anyway and most farangs will visit farang run bars as it most times means no Thai men and thus less chance on complications... and a more relaxed environment.