Motorcycle Clothes In Phuket Or Kuala Lumpur?

dollarman

Of course, you know what you're letting yourself in for by wearing jacket and trousers in a tropical climate?

I think maybe he does not want to see his kneecaps on the road behind him. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you're on about Karen. I have and wear full mesh warm weather riding gear when I ride, and have leather too. Nothing wrong with wearing it in tropical climate. It saved my buddy last weekend when an old Thai man on a motorbike rammed him while my friend was doing about 90-100 on his brand new BMW sportbike on the airport road. Mesh gear torn up badly, my friend didn't have hardly a scratch on him.

Sadly there is little in the way of riding gear available here in Phuket. Best place is probably the one you mentioned. You cna try also the Harley looking shop 100M east of Mc Donalds in town. Also coffee bikers on Wirate Hong Yok road. (Road connecting Chao Fa east and west near town). Ducati and TP (Teera) Motors have catalogs they can order stuff from Bangkok. Expect to pay a premium.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Ride gear is just another one of those things that costs many multiples as much here as it does in the west, especially when you factor in brand name helmets and ebay as a source.

Theres a small selection at west coast / Sumons..

Theres some value yellowcorn stuff on mocyc tho you end up looking like a billboard. The bates stuff same.. If you can find the styling many of the dealers will offer a 'fits or send back' policy. Where you only stand to risk a couple hundred baht ems. I got the wife some ok gear that way. Obviously paddock, fast corner, and a host of others who use the thai sites to advertise.

I tested different makers fits and bought proper name brand gear on ebay. Cheaper and proper selection just takes a while.

I have a joe rocket mesh (phoenix 4 IIRC ??) with full CE if your a big lad.. Jacket, armour, and liner.. maybe a 2xl ?? Not where the jacket is now but will be in a couple of weeks.

Do get high airflow gear.. Very hard to get yourself into non mesh gear in Phuket temps.

Ohh just remembered, one brand I am seeing a lot up here in Chiang Mai is a lot of scoyco (or close) brand, with airflow which seems great value.. 3k or so for a CE jacket that appeared tough. Also MocycShop

Tho I would say the nicest airflow I had seen was a dianese my buddy got, the airflow material was more natural fibre than the plastic mesh which I always fear would melt.

Also beware theres a lot of fakes on mocyc

• 3 weeks later...

I have really short torso, short arms, small feet and hands.

Can't buy anything without trying them on 1st. So I stick to buying my mesh riding jackets, pants and gloves from Singapore. The last time I tried on a Dainese Armour Riding pants, the kneepads are on my shin, just shy of my ankles.

You boys should just buy from some online shops doing the autumn/summer sales items in USA and have someone handcarry them to Thailand for you.