Cat Cdma Mifi 2200 Problems

wheelyking

Had my modem about 3 months now, and the network has never been great, but now i'm receiving a paltry average of 60kb/s at best, its connecting to a mac new mac mini, and a macbook pro, both independently and at different times, so i guess the wifi network is good, but with this speed, i get less impressed the longer i have it.

Paying 850 bt a month to CAT for the package, would this be 2mb right?

Any suggestions u guys have for getting a better signal would be greatly appreciated, could my modem be faulty?

Try it in "modem" mode and see if it makes a difference. I believe that you can also see the signal strength in modem mode. Connect your computer to the MiFi via USB + install the drivers if you haven't already. It then acts as a normal CDMA modem, rather than a WiFi hotspot.

It could be the modem, or it could be a weak signal, or it could be that CAT CDMA simply is slow where you are. Call customer service and complain.

PS: I take it that's 60 K bit you are seeing? 60 K byte would be ok, 600 Kbit... It's nominally 2 Mbit but in my experience it depends very much on your physical location. In some places it's faster, in others, slower.

Edited by nikster