Restort Bad Service

martyh01

I decided to stay over night at a local resort rather than drive back to Bangkok on traveling up to the bypass i saw a advert 490 Baht a night, on seeing the accommodation it looks great small bungalows over looking a pond etc air con TV etc so booked in, next thing power cut i asked how long was told the standard "soon" so waited one hour (no power no water )

I ask again to be told one hour i asked to refund the payment as it was hot and no sign of repairs to be told no refund eventually they said boss said 50% so i was charged 50% for a room with no power or water no thanks so beware it is better to pay the extra

As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for", but last night i think you could have paid 2000 Bt for a room and you still would have had no power, a lot of intermittent power outages last night with the storm!!

I think you should consider yourself extremely lucky that you got away with paying half price, rather than whingeing on here you should be posting a thankyou to the owners for being so considerate under the circumstances!!

Edited by LennyW

As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for", but last night i think you could have paid 2000 Bt for a room and you still would have had no power, a lot of intermittent power outages last night with the storm!!

I think you should consider yourself extremely lucky that you got away with paying half price, rather than whingeing on here you should be posting a thankyou to the owners for being so considerate under the circumstances!!

at 490 baht I wouldn't call it a resort (like the Four Seasons, the Aman, Banyan Tree) - but regardless of the name, there is no reason for poor service.

at 490 baht I wouldn't call it a resort (like the Four Seasons, the Aman, Banyan Tree) - but regardless of the name, there is no reason for poor service.

There wasn't any poor service described here. There was a lack of electricity that the "resort", nor any of their neighbors and other businesses had any control over.

Yeah, a nice note about a thanks for the reduced price is what was really in order. I know the OP thought he/she was posting a complaint but as I see it, this is a good news story in LOS.

There wasn't any poor service described here. There was a lack of electricity that the "resort", nor any of their neighbors and other businesses had any control over.

If you really care about your business and your customers, why don't you just buy a generator?

I have 2 restaurants and both have a generator in the case of the (many) 'fadeup'.

P.S.: and when you have the light in a dark soi, believe me, your business will have many more customers.

anguid, if you have been here very long, you know that a gen. purchase isn't in the budget for many small places of business, as much as they would love to have one. They would never see the return from the investment and that purchase would kill a lot of businesses.

The ones that can afford it, have it. I stayed at one of my favorite large hotels a while back. During the night, the power failed. But not to worry. They have a back-up gen. And............... It wouldn't start. HA! They tried and tried until the city power returned about two hours later. They had just had it serviced two days before.

anguid, if you have been here very long, you know that a gen. purchase isn't in the budget for many small places of business, as much as they would love to have one. They would never see the return from the investment and that purchase would kill a lot of businesses.

The ones that can afford it, have it. I stayed at one of my favorite large hotels a while back. During the night, the power failed. But not to worry. They have a back-up gen. And............... It wouldn't start. HA! They tried and tried until the city power returned about two hours later. They had just had it serviced two days before.

And I bet it won't get repaired until the next outage and they can't get it working again!!

Edit: Small businesses can use the small diesel gennies to provide lighting and keep the beer cool. That's what all the bars in Manila had for the continuus 'brown outs' of the early 90's

Edited by PattayaParent

You assume last night no yesterday afternoon so i think you should stop making assumptions before getting all the facts

Are you the owner?

You assume last night no yesterday afternoon so i think you should stop making assumptions before getting all the facts

Are you the owner?

No i am not the owner, Afternoon eh? were you asked if you wanted the "3 hour" deal at this wonderful "resort" that ultimately kindly discounted your bill by 50%?:whistling::lol: Strangely enough though your post starts off "I decided to stay overnight..." so how are we supposed to glean from that, that you meant afternoon??:wacko:

Edited by LennyW