Water Delivery In Pattaya

bubba1

Go to one of the local thai shops there's 10 on every Soi and buy a 20ltr bottle water (white plastic sealed) for 80bht then you exchnge the old empty bottle for a new sealed one for around 14bht and if you ask nicely they'll deliver it for a small fee.

I've been doing it that way for 2 yrs and have never had any trouble with it

PresI'v

umably the more expensive stuff is "better" than the white bottled stuff. Presumably, but I really don't know! Have heard stories of people finding insects in the white bottled stuff.

I've been using the white stuff for over 2 years and have found the qualitly to be good.... Presumably the producers of the expensive bottled water want you to believe there stuff is "better" they make huge profits on that assumption...

Expensive is not always the best !!!

Presumably the more expensive stuff is "better" than the white bottled stuff. Presumably, but I really don't know! Have heard stories of people finding insects in the white bottled stuff.

Been using the white stuff for years with no problem but as you know if you drop a crumb there'll be a million ants all over the place in seconds.

Perhaps your insects are due to leaving the cap off? Pay 20 baht extra and have the bottle delivered - they're heavy!

There must be a bar, market or such, that goes by your place, just ask them, and they will deliver when they come by, much easier than trying to haul a heavy bottle around, and it shouldnt cost more than 25 baht. Get an extra one, so you wont have to panic when you run out. Im sure there is a delivery truck that comes by your place, unless you live in an estate or small dead end soi

PresI'v

umably the more expensive stuff is "better" than the white bottled stuff. Presumably, but I really don't know! Have heard stories of people finding insects in the white bottled stuff.

I've been using the white stuff for over 2 years and have found the qualitly to be good.... Presumably the producers of the expensive bottled water want you to believe there stuff is "better" they make huge profits on that assumption...

Expensive is not always the best !!!

All I know is that my wife (Thai) won't let me drink it. She says it is not clean enough for me.

We have it in our house and our staff drink it (and have for years) and it is used for cooking.

I would like to find a higher quality water delivery company on the darkside ... but haven't had any luck. We buy water at carrefour and stack it in the pantry.

a bit of an aside:

i get water from a machine 1 baht a liter

the stuff tastes fine, better than most store bought

most of the water at 7-11 tastes fine cold but tastes wrong at room temperature

also the bottles themselves smell strange, like chemicals, if i cap them empty and leave them alone for a while

i do wonder about the quality of the water from the machines

i heard/read that these machines need to be maintained properly

how can one be sure if they are healthy to drink from?

when it comes to water, i go by taste as i have nothing else to go by

a bit of an aside:

i get water from a machine 1 baht a liter

the stuff tastes fine, better than most store bought

most of the water at 7-11 tastes fine cold but tastes wrong at room temperature

also the bottles themselves smell strange, like chemicals, if i cap them empty and leave them alone for a while

i do wonder about the quality of the water from the machines

i heard/read that these machines need to be maintained properly

how can one be sure if they are healthy to drink from?

when it comes to water, i go by taste as i have nothing else to go by

Last year I used the machines for a two month period and had no problems whatsoever.

However my drinking water in Australia comes streight out of a rainforest creek.

And has done for over twenty years.

So I may have some resistance to some bugs.

Just out of curiosity... How does that water taste? I see them drive around with those big white 20l cans all the time but never tried it. For example 7eleven brand and several other "cheap" thai 1,5l brands like "Namthip" for example have this vague chloride taste. Don't know how to describe it but it's disgusting... I only buy Singha bottles myself currently since they're cheap and taste good (actually cheaper even than the brands I just mentioned.

Carrefour delivers for free above 1000thb including water.

• 1 month later...

Amtech 0814513657, weekly delivery, 40 baht per bottle.

40 Baht? I pay them 45! Oh well...

To OP: ask the manager in your apartment building. There is probably a truck that visits your place on a regular basis. Maybe they can set it up for you. Having it delivered is great...sure beats lugging those huge bottles around. My delivery guy even exchanges the bottles on my cooler if they are empty! Maybe that's why I pay 5B more??? :rolleyes:

I drink Banglamung bottled water, and its just fine, 25baht delivered. If you leave the cap loose, then the tiny ants can and do get in it, so that may be where someone thinks there are insects in the water. I have heard a lot about the quality of bottled water, but mine is just fine. I even did a small test, and filled a glass with Banglamung water, and another straight out of the tap, kept them both on the shelf for almost two weeks, and nothing at all happened! So the tap water seems to be alright too, (Mabprachan). If someones water turns green over night, then I would say its not the water, but what someone dropped in it.

I drink Banglamung bottled water, and its just fine, 25baht delivered. If you leave the cap loose, then the tiny ants can and do get in it, so that may be where someone thinks there are insects in the water. I have heard a lot about the quality of bottled water, but mine is just fine. I even did a small test, and filled a glass with Banglamung water, and another straight out of the tap, kept them both on the shelf for almost two weeks, and nothing at all happened! So the tap water seems to be alright too, (Mabprachan). If someones water turns green over night, then I would say its not the water, but what someone dropped in it.

That's not the best way to test water. Most stuff in your water is impossible to taste. Leaving it out to see if it turns green will show you the bacteria and other organic stuff, maybe, but it won't help you at all with the really nasty stuff. Pesticides, heavy metals, etc. I find it amazing people here drink tap water because it seems to taste fine. The bacteria and other organic nasties will make you sick fairly quickly if ingested...the others take years to get ya...but can do major damage over time.

They did a test not long ago of tap water in Bangkok and found high concentrations of pesticides and heavy metals. Duh. The water comes from the river which is runoff from the farms and upstream industrial wastewater. But just to make you fell real good, bottled water comes from the same source and the same stuff was found in it! :blink:

Yes, I realize this was not an official test, I just wanted to check the organic side of the water, since there have been complaints about discoloration and film. At least you can brush your teeth in it and shower without dying immediately.

For sure you can brush your teeth and shower here...unlike Mexico where a simple margarita can, and does, put you down for days due to the ice! :(