American Murdered In Phuket; Police Hunt ‘Killer Brit’

george

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shit people. If you are a decent boxer you do not use a knife... Shit man i hope they take you and you can pay for this.

Do you have a particular method of murder you'd have preferred in this case then?

How droll - not.

Brewsta

A lot of people seem to no who he is , there is even cctv images of him buying the knife !!! .... Maybe he was drunk , or loss face to being beaten up by the american .. But noexcuse for killing him

He did not buy the knife.. He walked into 711, pushed the staff to the side and stole the knives. He then walked out and walked down the road.

Unfortunately I was there within 10 meters of him.

He stared the brawl by king hitting the other guy and then a fight broke out.

It is not about rival Muay Thai caps or anything really do to with boxing.. Its about a ego driven miscreant that has lived in Phuket for over 4 years. He is a problem where ever he goes and people have nothing to do with him because of his violent temper.

The young guy that died was a ex marine that spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan and had a few war wounds to prove it. He died by the hand of this asshol_e who went to his flat, knocked on the door and once the door was opened, stabbed him in cold blood.. His girlfriend who was also at the flat feared for her life also.

The altercation in the bar was over an hour earlier, so thats how long he had to think this through. Vicious Animal, I hope he is found and the death penalty is given.. Wishful thinking.

Rip to a great young bloke who was very well liked and he will be missed.

i met shawn on his 23rd birthday, he was a nice guy, he trained muay thai but told me he wasn't interested in being a fighter as he now hated violence (he was ex us army and had been to afghanistan n iraq).. i doubt the fight was over a girl, shawn's girlfriend was a very friendly and confident thai girl (who was also friends with the owner of freedom) i doubt she would have let anyone hassle her..

edit: bethanysleewer knows a lot more than me.

Edited by jkzero

What a tragic and meaningless way to die... I'm sure the cops will try their best to catch the murderer.

What I don't understand is why did the victim go back to a shop "near the bar" after he left his gf at home? Was he looking for trouble or wasn't there a shop anywhere else on the island?

My sincerest condolences to the family.

RIP & condolences to his family and friends. Bad way for a life to come to an end.

On something of a side issue, it seems like there isn't a day that goes by when you don't read about someone being shot, knifed, beaten, raped, robbed, or a suspicious "suicide" happening in Phuket or Pattaya. I'll take Chiang Mai any time.

Wasn't too long ago a string of shit going down in CM too. Guy murdered and robbed by Shan and in a seperate incident the german man shot in the middle of the street in broad daylight...The pedophile monk peddling kids to the old farang guy etc...

Edited by damian5000

UPDATE

Phuket 'Killer Brit' suspect named

gallery_327_1086_19162.jpg

WANTED: British murder suspect Lee Aldhouse, pictured above,

is sought by police for the fatal stabbing of American Dashawn Longfellow in Phuket.

PHUKET: -- Chalong police have confirmed the identity of the prime suspect in the brutal stabbing death of American Muay Thai trainee Dashawn Longfellow in the early hours this morning.

Case Officer Anukul Nookate confirmed to the Gazette that British Muay Thai fighter Lee Aldhouse, 28, is being sought for arrest in the murder of Mr Longfellow at his room at the Ya Nui 2 resort near Ya Nui Beach.

For the previous report, click here.

Mr Longfellow's girlfriend, “Oi”, told the Gazette that he had come on his motorbike to pick her up from work at the Freedom Bar in Rawai at around 1am today.

When he arrived, he had a couple of beers while he waited for her to finish up work, which is usually around 2am, she said.

At some point, Mr Longfellow went to the restroom where he found the entrance to the toilet blocked by Mr Aldhouse and a fight ensued, Ms Oi said.

According to witnesses, Mr Longfellow got the best of his opponent in the brawl before it was broken up by bar patrons and staff.

Ms Oi said that after the fight, the American took her back to his room and left again shortly after to go to a 7-Eleven.

Mr Aldhouse – seeing Mr Longfellow enter and leave the Rawai 7-Eleven – went into the convenience store and obtained two knives and followed his victim home. Police neither confirmed nor denied eyewitness reports that the knives were stolen from the convenience store.

As Mr Longfellow returned home and opened the door to his room, Ms Oi saw the Brit approach her boyfriend from behind.

She said, “At first it didn't look like he [Aldhouse] had anything. We didn't know he had a knife because his hands were in his pockets”. She said a fistfight began between the American and the Brit and the latter pulled out a knife and stabbed Mr Longfellow twice in the chest.

Ms Oi said that her boyfriend rushed inside and shut the door to protect her from the murderous Mr Aldhouse. Ms Oi called the police and an ambulance, but it was too late to save Mr Longfellow.

Police are currently searching for Mr Aldhouse, a Muay Thai fighter who has lived in Thailand for several years and is based in Rawai.

Mr Aldhouse was scheduled to fight former world champion and long term Phuket resident Jomhod Kiatadisak at the grand opening of the Bangla Boxing Stadium last year but pulled out of the fight at the last minute due to injury.

Mr Longfellow, a US Marine, had been in Phuket following a combat injury sustained in Afghanistan, friends said.

Ms Oi said her boyfriend, whom she had been together with for three months, was a friendly, nice and funny guy with many friends.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-08-14

So this guy is a fairly well trained MT fighter, who got his ass kicked in public by a former U.S. Marine, and his pride and ego just couldn't handle that. As a 20 veteran of the Marines, all I can say is that he better hope the BIB find him before some very pissed off Marines do. Semper fi...Do or Die! We stand by our own!

I think the use of the word 'tourist' to describe Mr. Longfellow is a bit far fetched since he is a Muay Thai student as inferred by the article. Is he just touring the inside of his Muay Thai school or actually studying there?

The article also uses the term 'his motorbike' which makes me think he owns it. If he really is the owner then would this make him more than a tourist?

Why does the Phuket Gazette stress 'American' as well? Are they trying to scare away American tourists or tourists in general?

Was Mr. Longfellow really a 'victim' as the Phuket Gazette states or just a little less prepared for a fist fight that escalated to a knife fight?

It's amazing how persuasive the news can be by using emotionally loaded language without the pubic realizing it.

Here's the story again without all the glitzy terms:

One man was stabbed to death after a prolonged fight with another guy.

The moral of the story: Learn to control your anger.

<deleted> !

this is my first post here and i don't know what can i do ...

3 weeks ago i met in Koh Tao a young british man called Mr Lee (in the toilet ... again), he told me "i study muai thai". I have his name and his facebook and maybe my friends (go back in his country now) have a picture. I met him again 10 days ago in Bkk. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe not ... the world is youth !

Do i have to go to the police station to give my infos and where ? I'm in bkk since 5 weeks and i don't know wich place i have to go.

I have to say it's incredible !

Thanks for your reply.

This was just a fight between two angry young men. It just so happens that the Brit won. It could have been the other way round, so what.

This is not a crime against an innocent defenseless victim.

I would stay out of it and turn the other cheek. What is the point of getting involved and having to look over your shoulder just in case one of his mates are about.

Up to you.

Having met Shawn, he told me that being ex-military he hated violence and was only interested in TRAINING muay thai NOT fighting, I dont claim to know him well but he seemed a very genuine friendly bloke who wouldn't be likely to smack someone around for the sake of it.

Shawn LEFT the bar, the perp followed him to his home, where his girlfriend was, and stabbed him.. This is not just a row between 2 angry young men, this is cold blooded killing.

Edited by jkzero

The moral of the tragedy is the Thai authorities/immigration/police should not allow lunatic scum to be in Thailand.

Excellent idea, all we need now is an acurate way of predicting who out of the billions of people in the world will turn into a 'lunatic scum' before they actually do anything wrong.

Do you have a plan or is this just mindless waffle ?

Edited by ukrules

The moral of the tragedy is the Thai authorities/immigration/police should not allow lunatic scum to be in Thailand.

When the Thai immigration check a person's passport on entry into Thailand, how are they to know that the person they are checking is a lunatic scum? There would have to be an alert issued by the person's homecountry as to whether the particular person was lunatic scum.

On a side note, from a thread that ran earlier today, the deceased is from Colorado, as am I, may he RIP and I do hope they catch this lunatic scumbag.

Shit people. If you are a decent boxer you do not use a knife... Shit man i hope they take you and you can pay for this.

Like a lot of us, I got in a few more scraps and scrapes as a younger lad than I should have.. can't claim I came out best in all of them either!.. but what I never did was knife someone, glass someone or raise any weapon against someone just because I was too much of a coward to fight them, win or lose!! Self-defence is one thing, but when a supposed 'kick-boxer' is taking a knife to fight someone then he's an out and out coward... end of chat!!!

Edited by spectrumisgreen

Excellent idea, all we need now is an acurate way of predicting who out of the billions of people in the world will turn into a 'lunatic scum' before they actually do anything wrong.

Do you have a plan or is this just mindless waffle ?

like most of these posts - the latter.

.....he went to the restroom where he encountered Mr Lee, who blocked his entrance to the toilet

one can only guess why he was blocking the restroom LOL

There are far to many farang this type living on an ED Visa in Thailand and I bet many of them have problems with the authorities back home. I hate to see these full tatooed guys every day and think Thailand should reconcider its rules about getting these kind of ED Visa for THAI BOXING.

There are some nice people with honest intentions here on this Visa, but honestly, is THAI BOXING a reason for staying in Thailand for years and years?

I read to much about crimes created by farangs in the past weeks they give every "normal" farang a bad reputation in Thailand.

Bloody senseless!!..There goes another farang murdered/killed. Do you think the Thai police will really get this guy? Hmmm......For the sake of the victims family I hope they do...RIP young lad!

And who tells you the victim is not guilty by himself. Just because he is dead doesnt make him innocent. There are always two ppl involved in a fight, and maybe the ladd who survived has just no other chance to self defend. Not guilty until proofed guilty in my opinion. I dont want be him atm, must be hel_l, because no matter what his life is over too.

Anyway, may he rest in peace. my condolences to his family

So this guy is a fairly well trained MT fighter, who got his ass kicked in public by a former U.S. Marine, and his pride and ego just couldn't handle that. As a 20 veteran of the Marines, all I can say is that he better hope the BIB find him before some very pissed off Marines do. Semper fi...Do or Die! We stand by our own!

joke right!? code of marines, you say, is to criminally do vigilante justice in foreign countries??? i dont theenk soo senor

Such a shame, testosterone fueled muppets... That is why I don't spend much time in the U.K, thought the sun, sea and sand would chill people out a bit ???<BR><BR>Can't believe they way the police are walking all over the crime scene in the photos on the other news source, haven't they heard of forensics !!!!!<BR><BR>Condolences to the victims family...<BR><BR>