East Of Pattaya

swissie

Have posted this in the "Real Estate" Sub-Forum before: Not much response ! So I will try here: Anyone been looking at land prices some 20 to 30 Km east of Pattaya lately ? Not looking for developement zone for future "village", just maybe 1 to 2 Rai in rural aerea. I know the pricing of land depends on a lot of different factors. So perhaps the question should rather be: How much more (%) would a property in this aerea cost as compared to a similar property in the Isaan ? Thanks & cheers.

Before you think about prices, you need to make sure, that the land is correctly registered, and for this you will a very experienced Thai person of your trust. After having assured this, you should start thinking about prices!

I know the pricing of land depends on a lot of different factors. So perhaps the question should rather be: How much more (%) would a property in this aerea cost as compared to a similar property in the Isaan ?

I think you answered the question yourself. It would be virtually impossible to put a fixed percentage correlation between East Pattaya and Isaan.

Pricing of land depends on many factors, the major ones being location, access, infrastructure (transportation, roads, water, electricity, phone, internet, cable TV service, stores, shops, etc...), along with future growth potential. I've seen cases in Isaan where the land is more expensive than in East Pattaya.

Another factor that needs to be taken in consideration is the costs to develop and improve the land, along with any future gains, growth, and ease of resale. I've found it's usually cheaper and easier to 'import' workers from Isaan than to have goods shipped to Isaan.

Keep in mind, there is remarkable difference between Thais and Falangs as to what adds 'value' to the land. More like comparing apples against oranges.

You are the judge in the end. Check out what you think are comparable plots in both places and decide for yourself.

Also keep in mind the two tier pricing (Thai/Falang) occurs throughout Thailand at varying levels. Use a Thai to obtain prospective sites and then you visit them and make the comparisons yourself.

Edited by BB1950

I doubt that there is much "added value" for being, say, 30 km east of Sukumvit (outside Pattaya and away from the beach areas) than there is to being 30 km outside Khorat, for example. Pieces of "comparable" land 30 km east of Pattaya would, I expect, be priced about the same as 30 km outside Khorat. Certainly, there is little to no interest by farang ex-pats in the area you describe outside Pattaya, most wanting to be much closer to the city/beach/shopping than that. If they would consider a distance of 30 km east of Pattaya, they would probably want an entirely different are, such as Chiang Mai, etc.

I doubt that there is much "added value" for being, say, 30 km east of Sukumvit (outside Pattaya and away from the beach areas) than there is to being 30 km outside Khorat, for example. Pieces of "comparable" land 30 km east of Pattaya would, I expect, be priced about the same as 30 km outside Khorat. Certainly, there is little to no interest by farang ex-pats in the area you describe outside Pattaya, most wanting to be much closer to the city/beach/shopping than that. If they would consider a distance of 30 km east of Pattaya, they would probably want an entirely different are, such as Chiang Mai, etc.

That doesnt make sense whatsoever.So the farangs that live in Rayong,Bangchang,Sriracha,Baeng san,off highway 36 dont get added value.The added value for them,is NOT living in Pattaya