Palms Springs Homes

jimmym40

I have friends that live there, one family has been there for 18 months and love it. They have a young daughter that goes to school nearby, both 'farang'. The other guy I know lives there with his Thai girlfriend mid 30s and they both enjoy it there. The swimming pool also gets the sun, which is a bonus unlike some of the moo baans in CM.

My wife has a college who lives in a moo baan, as in the most moo baans I have seen. the houses are build not far from eachother .

They have neighbours who pump their water from the garden.

This pump works automaticly and is situated besides their living- and bedroom.

Check that too, it can ruin your pleasence of living.

With your request for comment post, you are going to get a range of responses, some helpful and some totally worthless. A house selection in a modern Thai village (compound) is not like choosing a doctor. The doctor is the most important thing where there are many more things to consider in selecting a home...You should develop a criteria list and maybe even with some weights..

quality of company responsible for the common maintenance and security.

garden to house ratio

acress to main roads

schools

noise vs privacy

quality of the craftmanship meaning cheap/cut corner vs well-built

type of neighbors/pets

flooding - plain vs dry

clubhouse,pool, tennis courts, etc

orientation of house, corner lot, etc

type of fencing, available private street parking, turnaround, etc

type of neigborhood - other homes with bars on windows; # of cars permanently parked on your street?

Just some ideas for criteria...

CB

I would arrange a rent-to-own tenancy , say for 6 months minimum; if you like it you purchase with the paid rent going towards the house payment; if not, move on. It's bad enough renting while having to endure noisy neighbors at all times of the day and night - at least you can eventually move, or give up your deposit and leave immediately. Not so if the house is yours.

We went to a new housing development to check out sales, only to view houses with tiny footings (take notice of the many buildings with cracked walls) and no heat-reflective foil under the tiles; an oven considering that even if a development had trees there is no shade to the roof. As we were leaving a Thai lady was washing her clothing in the driveway about 2 meters from the neighbors with her radio pounding out noise at 8AM on a Sunday morning. Caveat emptor...:unsure:

We considered buying there a while back but decided to move away from the area - couldn't find any faults with the estate and thought the security was surprisingly good (CCTV on every street and all hooked into your TV so you can look around the various streets and see what's going on, from the safety of your living room). I guess they had a problem trying to sell all their units as quickly as they wanted to since the sales folk kept coming back to us up to a year after we first made contact - subsequently found out that resale units were cheaper than the new ones a year earlier so not holding value very well.

Palm Springs Country Homes has a good location; close to the city and if you leave the moo baan you are immediately at the super highway or the middle ring road. The area is very well kept and good security is provided. The negative point is that there are hardly any restaurants in the vicinity.

I drive past there most days and could not help but notice that they are whacking up a condo unit right in front of houses on phase one that were already sold and occupied.

Nice view :unsure:

nice views of the overpasses too.  And nice views into the houses from the overpasses.....

The exhaust noise from big trucks climbing up the overpasses should help insomniacs.....

> The swimming pool also gets the sun, which is a bonus

:crazy:

Anyone in a relationship with a Thai person, please run the above by them first. :)

I spent more time at that pool than our own moo baan pool, as our was covered from the sun and packed from open to close with the whole neighbourhood plus others who wanted to keep out of the sun, and every, Tuesday I think, was school kids day when the pool could not be seen for obnoxious school kids!

I drive past there most days and could not help but notice that they are whacking up a condo unit right in front of houses on phase one that were already sold and occupied.

Nice view :unsure:

nice views of the overpasses too. And nice views into the houses from the overpasses.....

The exhaust noise from big trucks climbing up the overpasses should help insomniacs.....

If you buy a house that is not next to the overpasses but further at the back you will not be bothered by either the noise or the view. Might have noise from the trains passing, but that is still far better than airplanes passing.

Thanks for all the replies.

I should have stated we are living/have lived in the SanKamphaeng are for over 3 yrs now. We were looking for something cloer to town and came across this home in Parlm Springs. We looked at Palm Springs URBANA, but so expensive...

Was hoping to hear from something that actually lives in Palm's Spring Country Homes.