Best Route From Bkk To Buriram?

dermarko

Its good old Phuket Air leaving at 17:00 I believe. The airport is about 30 miles north of the town, just south of Satuk. While not the quickest the bus is fine and safer and more reliable. There's also the train. Obviously there is a big cost differential between air and surface travel.

1600bht with phuket air to buriram and about 300bht in a taxis to the centre area from airport.Used these several times its never on time but i still use it.

about 350bht for the bus from bkk you can get on these at night much quicker as not as much traffic.

I wouldnt recommend the train its slow hot and not very pleasant in my opinion.

I always get a taxi from Bangkok, i always stop at the mall in Korat, and it takes me straight to the house in Buriram, no hassle waiting around for planes, trains and buses, i pay about 4000 baht tops, also its good if you have a lot of luggage.

And the plane is a joke, it was ok when thai airways ran it, and it was only 980 baht, the time you are waiting in the airport, and if you are in Bangkok you have to get a taxi there, you are half way to Buriram, also i have never known Phuket air to run on time always delays.

1600bht with phuket air to buriram and about 300bht in a taxis to the centre area from airport.Used these several times its never on time but i still use it.

about 350bht for the bus from bkk you can get on these at night much quicker as not as much traffic.

Actually the fares increased now to around 1,900, and I would recommend the train if the flight is too expensive. It is a very good train service between BKK and Buriram/Surin. The first class sleepers are two to a cabin across the train, and the second class sleepers are along the train. The normal Express non-sleepers are also OK, with Aircraft style seats and two meals served free on the journey. All these are air-con. Probably Kerrs bought a locals ticket and sat on the roof. :o

Actually the fares increased now to around 1,900, and I would recommend the train if the flight is too expensive. It is a very good train service between BKK and Buriram/Surin. The first class sleepers are two to a cabin across the train, and the second class sleepers are along the train. The normal Express non-sleepers are also OK, with Aircraft style seats and two meals served free on the journey. All these are air-con. Probably Kerrs bought a locals ticket and sat on the roof. :D

you should be in the travelbusiness, not in the local pub thing !!! :o

Actually the fares increased now to around 1,900, and I would recommend the train if the flight is too expensive. It is a very good train service between BKK and Buriram/Surin. The first class sleepers are two to a cabin across the train, and the second class sleepers are along the train. The normal Express non-sleepers are also OK, with Aircraft style seats and two meals served free on the journey. All these are air-con. Probably Kerrs bought a locals ticket and sat on the roof. :o

Thanks very much for correcting my post lampard i did say in my opinion as for the plane i was on it 5 weeks ago bought the ticket off the agent in buriram centre and it was 1600bht but in bkk it was close to 1800bht.

And anyway we i talking about a mere 5 pounds LOL who cares if its what suits you!!

Again thanks for the info

Cheers

RAB

Edited by kerrs69

Wondering what is the best way to travel to buriram from bkk. By bus or by Air.Does Thai airways fly there.What are the various pricing,Train, bus and air..

I always hire a car from Don Muang - will be doing it again week Sat. a.m. if you want a lift (driving via Buriram to Sisaket).

I have never flown but have taken the bus and train imo the train is the way to go.

2nd class aircon is ok but first class is excelent you get a decent size bed on the bottom which is adequate for a bunk up :D and then if you want to sleep there is a smaller bunk up top for your companion.

If your time is limited in thailand then flying is the way to go but i go for 3 to 4 months so iam in no rush and find the train to be very comfortable and takes in some nice scenery along the way.I have never found it unpleasant (unlike the bus) and with airconditioning never found it hot :D If you decide to take the train go at least 2nd class air con or first class its only a few pound more.

The last bus i took to buriam was at night,the aircon was on full blast and it was freezing.I asked the hostess if the driver could turn the aircon down or off as it was freezing.To which she replied she has to leave it on for the other customers,even she must have noticed everyone wrapped in there blankets,some even had hats and gloves on then everyone started to block the vents with tissues which helped. Maybe it is because you have paid for aircon so you will have it,or if you ask to turn the air con off you will look stupid for paying for aircon when a fan bus would of done :o thats why i love thailand so different in many ways to home.

There is another bus service called nakon thai air (SC) which has less seats than the blue vip buses and the seats are even more comfy than vip,you also get more drinks and sandwiches. For just a few baht more it is worth it if you want to take the bus,especially to the likes of changmai.