Affiliate Marketing!

Does anybody here have any experience in it?

Some friends of mine have given some very helpful resources with some great newbie guides on how to get started. The initial cost of doing so will be negligible and so if it fails then all I have lost is some of my time.

Of course though, I would much rather that it did work for me so I am looking for any advice that may be available. Of course I understand that anybody who does have a successful campaign will want to keep their cards close to their chest. Rather I am just looking for some useful pointers, what NOT to do's and anything that I should know that is specific to somebody living in Thailand.

Thanks.

I've already checked out forums such as warrior forum and digital point. I'm willing to put the time in provided I am confident that I will benefit from it. For now it's more a case of dipping my toe into the water to see if it as a 'fit' for me.

I think that I have reached the point where to learn more constructively, I need to start doing it rather than just reading about it (I have read countless 'how to's' and guides)

I think that with the particular thread, I was looking more for anything that I should know specifically about doing this in Thailand?

I've already checked out forums such as warrior forum and digital point. I'm willing to put the time in provided I am confident that I will benefit from it. For now it's more a case of dipping my toe into the water to see if it as a 'fit' for me.

I think that I have reached the point where to learn more constructively, I need to start doing it rather than just reading about it (I have read countless 'how to's' and guides)

I think that with the particular thread, I was looking more for anything that I should know specifically about doing this in Thailand?

Be very careful with which one you sign up with? Always check with Google. and if it's a SCAM then you will find out before you waste your money???

PM me if u wish and I will give you some tips.

Cheers.

>>I think that with the particular thread, I was looking more for anything that I should know specifically about doing this in Thailand?

Well you need to have a work permit to do it legit, but I'm sure there are some that don't have a permit.

Warrior and Digital point are a breeding ground for beginners, but seeing as that's what you are, it's a good place to start. Once you want to get in deeper, look for wicked fire, black hat forum and another general all purpose forum is abestweb. Good luck and let someone know when you make your first sale.

Warrior and Digital point are a breeding ground for beginners, but seeing as that's what you are, it's a good place to start. Once you want to get in deeper, look for wicked fire, black hat forum and another general all purpose forum is abestweb. Good luck and let someone know when you make your first sale.

A friend of mine who has some experience has told me the exact same thing. To start with WF and DP, and move on to the rest if and when I get more savvy.

A friend of mine who has some experience has told me the exact same thing. To start with WF and DP, and move on to the rest if and when I get more savvy.

Ignore your friend. Warrior Forum is full of charlatans and DP has nothing but clueless Indian SEO 'experts' and scammers. Blackhat World is a giant waste of time unless you like to defraud CPA networks. People say they're good places for beginners, but you'll just end up further away from your goals given all the terrible advice that gets posted on them.

Get an account at WickedFire, read the stickied topics and advertising threads, test campaigns with a small budget (assuming you're doing PPC) and be prepared to lose a lot of money before you make anything.

Ignore your friend. Warrior Forum is full of charlatans and DP has nothing but clueless Indian SEO 'experts' and scammers. Blackhat World is a giant waste of time unless you like to defraud CPA networks. People say they're good places for beginners, but you'll just end up further away from your goals given all the terrible advice that gets posted on them.

Get an account at WickedFire, read the stickied topics and advertising threads, test campaigns with a small budget (assuming you're doing PPC) and be prepared to lose a lot of money before you make anything.

The vast majority of advice that that I have received (asides from scamming Indians) would disagree with you. They certainly don't seem quite so bitter about it either.

The vast majority of advice that that I have received (asides from scamming Indians) would disagree with you. They certainly don't seem quite so bitter about it either.

Apologies if I sounded bitter, it's not what I intended.

The problem with those forums is that the advice that gets thrown around isn't backed up by any real testing or empirical data. Ninety percent of the people posting on DP and WaFo are novices giving away advice that they've read on a blog or heard from someone else. Most of them haven't done any testing themselves, few (if any) actually make more than $50 daily from their marketing efforts, and the few that do typically exaggerate their success in order to push products and services on naive newbies. The only thing that matters in affiliate marketing is results, and almost all of the posters on those forums don't understand how to produce any. It feels welcoming when you're a beginner (it did for me, at least) but once you spend some of your own time and money testing things you realize that most of it's just hearsay and misinformation without any real substance.

Get an account on WickedFire and you'll learn quickly. The moderation there is strict, the posters are smart, and the information that gets passed around tends to come from testing and case studies, not speculative blog posts. Forums like DP and WaFo pander to newbies to the point where you'll never actually speak with anyone moderately successful or knowledgeable. It's either fake gurus or a bunch of idiots following each other with no thought for where it'll take them. Sign up for WickedFire and don't post for the next month or so, just read the topics that are of interest and spend your time testing things. It'll get you much further than hanging out on DP.

Warrior and Digital are both worthless forums.

Wicked fire not much better and don't waste your time

I am an affiliate manager and have been one for over 10 years.

have had many clients and am very well established and I do it all from my home.

Am also an affiliate and have made very good money before at it,There is nothing u need to know that is specific to living in thailand .

Go to this forum and u will get all the best info you need. At best web

I work with AMWSO and this is our thread there. AMWSO

Edited by phuketrichard

Thanks Gents.

I am expecting to have stabilised my income next month. This will allow me to look at other projects and affiliate marketing is top of the list.

Although naturally I would love to make a ton of money straight away, I understand that this would probably be unreasonable to expect so initially it is about learning for me and deciding if it will provide a feasible income for the future.

Cheers.

Wicked fire not much better and don't waste your time

I am an affiliate manager and have been one for over 10 years.

have had many clients and am very well established and I do it all from my home.

Am also an affiliate and have made very good money before at it,There is nothing u need to know that is specific to living in thailand .

Yes ABestweb.com is the only source for aff. marketing info. In the end its all about traffic, serious traffic makes makes income.

I used to be in aff. marketing, but moved towards domains.

what makes this forum "At best web" better than blackhatworld or Warrior? I'm pretty curious to know, everybody else seems to "know" what they're talking about when it comes to IM except for everyone at warrior and BHW, so I just wanna know what makes this one so special? cheers B)

Apologies if I sounded bitter, it's not what I intended.

The problem with those forums is that the advice that gets thrown around isn't backed up by any real testing or empirical data. Ninety percent of the people posting on DP and WaFo are novices giving away advice that they've read on a blog or heard from someone else. Most of them haven't done any testing themselves, few (if any) actually make more than $50 daily from their marketing efforts, and the few that do typically exaggerate their success in order to push products and services on naive newbies. The only thing that matters in affiliate marketing is results, and almost all of the posters on those forums don't understand how to produce any. It feels welcoming when you're a beginner (it did for me, at least) but once you spend some of your own time and money testing things you realize that most of it's just hearsay and misinformation without any real substance.

Get an account on WickedFire and you'll learn quickly. The moderation there is strict, the posters are smart, and the information that gets passed around tends to come from testing and case studies, not speculative blog posts. Forums like DP and WaFo pander to newbies to the point where you'll never actually speak with anyone moderately successful or knowledgeable. It's either fake gurus or a bunch of idiots following each other with no thought for where it'll take them. Sign up for WickedFire and don't post for the next month or so, just read the topics that are of interest and spend your time testing things. It'll get you much further than hanging out on DP.

From somone that has been a Warrior member for more than 5 years Im afraid you are talking BS when you say there are no successful marketers on Warrior Forum here a couple of very successful W Members

Willie Crawford

Adeel Chowdhry and Bobby Walker

Just those 3 names have earnt millions and are members of Warrior forum there are lots more

It sounds to me like you here to promote wickedfire

Edited by FarangCravings

From somone that has been a Warrior member for more than 5 years Im afraid you are talking BS when you say there are no successful marketers on Warrior Forum here a couple of very successful W Members

Willie Crawford

Adeel Chowdhry and Bobby Walker

Just those 3 names have earnt millions and are members of Warrior forum there are lots more

It sounds to me like you here to promote wickedfire

Thank you, I was browsing the abestweb forum just before, and a lot of their senior members sound a little bitter and twisted, like they have a major chip on their shoulders' towards young IMs, and how they were all whinging on how there are so many young IMs popping up these days, gee what gives them the right to say whom is allowed and whom isn't allowed to be an IM? talk about having an inferiority complex.

Google the 'Project Mom Blog' which is organized by Travis Sago of Bum Marketing. It's a free online course for total newbies where he posts lessons on video using his wife as a guinea-pig student as she had no previous understanding of affiliate marketing. Because of this, he goes right back to the basics to get started and goes through each step of the process slowly and clearly.

Google the 'Project Mom Blog' which is organized by Travis Sago of Bum Marketing. It's a free online course for total newbies where he posts lessons on video using his wife as a guinea-pig student as she had no previous understanding of affiliate marketing. Because of this, he goes right back to the basics to get started and goes through each step of the process slowly and clearly.

I'll do that. I need some absolute beginners level stuff

Cheers

Most of those forums talk about Black hat techniques.... be careful with the advice that your being given there (my word of warning)

Also, affiliate marketing can become quite profitable if you put in at least 6-8 hours a day working across 5 - 10 sites,

It is not the build it and they will come job that some people think it may be.

You are also working agains some very tough competition, there are people out there who have been doing it for a long time and are VERY good at it.

HOWEVER, do not let this dissuade you from doing it though.

How are your HTML CSS skills? do you know what your doing when it comes to making a site? I am asking because If you cant do all the work yourself (make the site and CMS management) then it will not be worth your time.

Good luck mate, wish you the best!

Ben