Net

eek

Just got off the phone to 3bb customer service (who were extremely polite i may add). When i told them i am in the Chiang Mai province, they said there is a problem all over the area. He informed me that technicians are working on it, and should be back on at about 7/8pm.

Although he was very polite, i get the feeling i was fed a line. I dont know how he could guess about the repair time either..?

Well..all i can do is have faith in their word..and keep my fingers crossed that my net will be back in a couple of hours.

This is the fifth day that my AIS 3G has been on and off when it has not been off and on.

But say, if we know that a gluble modernator has been temporarily disconnected, why can' t the mice play? (IF they were not disconnected ALL the *+# time.)

Edited by CMX

Not quite sure what you just garbled CMX, but this apparently gluble gullible(?) modernator moderator(?), is happy, because my net is finally back on. The cat is back, so play nice Mr Mouse. :vampire:

my net and torrents have been a bit sluggish for a couple of days... here is glasnost report

I am on 3BBB, near Rimping Martket, Mae Jo road, with a 4mb line

Are certain ports blocked for all traffic?

1 out of 3 BitTorrent transfers on port 52586 failed to upload any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from uploading BitTorrent traffic on port 52586 to our test server.

1 out of 3 control flow transfers on port 6881 failed to download any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from downloading control flow traffic on port 6881 to our test server.

1 out of 3 BitTorrent transfers on port 52586 failed to download any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from downloading BitTorrent traffic on port 52586 to our test server.

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your uploads.

However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

square.png Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 103 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 43 Kbps.

square.png Your ISP appears to rate limit uploads on port 6881. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 103 Kbps while uploads on port 52586 achieved up to 63 Kbps.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your download traffic. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

3BB seems to be OK since their problems last months. However today I noticed my speed wasn't going above 350 kB/s downloading so it appeared I was being restricted somewhere. I checked my link speed and guess what, they had halved my upload/download speeds. I called the call centre who put me through to the Chonburi area and they changed the link speed while I was on the phone to its correct values of 1M/10M. When asked why they changed my speed they replied a mistake had been made....just imagine the amount of customers that this happens to who are not sure how to check their link speeds, incredible !

Please share with the technophobics as to how to check our link speeds.

Many thanks....

I am on 3BB as well ( TT&T) over the last ten days daily on and off for up to 30 times a day! calling the "help-center" daily, very friendly will send a technician even call back reset the system , But no technician shows up even resetting doesn't make any change within 5 minutes I'm off-line again useless 3BB but ( and they know) they are the only one who have internet cables in this San Sai area so they don't give a hxxx too bad.

Maybe go back to the slow ADSL (TOT) witch worked well True is not available here as well

Disappointed

Max :angry:

no mention of DNS issues.

The TOT, BBB etc servers can be problematic.

If your having trouble getting to sites then try changing your DNS servers.

If you can ping a remote server with its IP address and it's quick then that pretty much spells DNS issues.

www.gmail.com canonical name = mail.google.com.

mail.google.com canonical name = googlemail.l.google.com.

Name: googlemail.l.google.com

Address: 74.125.71.18

Address: 74.125.71.83

Address: 74.125.71.17

Address: 74.125.71.19

Could try pinging the above addresses.

The two best DNS services out there are Google DNS and OpenDNS

Google servers are

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS servers are

208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Thaihog,

Well, look right up at the top menu (black letters on grey toolbar) of ThaiVisa: that will open to let you test against Bangkok, Singapore, and tell you your IP address.

TV is using SpeedTest.NET and by using that site directly you can test against servers anywhere in the world.

best, ~o:37;

922692082.png

AIS 3G Doi Saket.

Check out the difference.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2843 kbps (355.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 272 kbps (34 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 587 ms

21 สิงหาคม 2553 18:50:40

Edited by gotlost

3BB seems to be OK since their problems last months. However today I noticed my speed wasn't going above 350 kB/s downloading so it appeared I was being restricted somewhere. I checked my link speed and guess what, they had halved my upload/download speeds. I called the call centre who put me through to the Chonburi area and they changed the link speed while I was on the phone to its correct values of 1M/10M. When asked why they changed my speed they replied a mistake had been made....just imagine the amount of customers that this happens to who are not sure how to check their link speeds, incredible !

Many thanks....

OK log into your modem from your internet browser with what is usually 192.168.1.1 and you will now get your modems home menu appear. Now it will depend on what modem you are using but click on the option that displays broadband connection details (DSL connection) and you should see an option with bandwidth details showing your currently configured upload / download details in kbps. These speeds are configured by your friendly ISP provider and obviously you cannot change them. Just to clarify that this is not a speed test but a modem configuration setting, the speed tests are useless anyway. Hope this helps. :)