Pattaya Police Target Belgian National In Work Permit Raid

Rimmer

If they closed, the employees would be gainfully employed in other areas of the growing service and manufacturing sectors and the buildings re-rented to more socially useful business.

Your serious aint you ???........:whistling:

Most definitely...get out of the fereng ghettos sometime and see the real Thailand and its booming (non-fleshpot) economy [Thai stock market up 20% YTD...USA market flat YTD!].

"The global financial crisis of 2008-09 severely cut Thailand's exports, with most sectors experiencing double-digit drops." (Thailand economy 2010,CIA World factbook)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in rayong for ford,live in na jomtien.I do not like the quaility of women in soi buockow.My preference is slim fashion club,a bit expensive but well worth it in the end :lol: i do not like beer bars,ugly women.I have lived in thailand for 5 years(3 in bangkok) but have only been in pattaya for 2 years so yes maybe a newbie compared to some of you guys :lol:

I work in rayong for ford,live in na jomtien.I do not like the quaility of women in soi buockow.My preference is slim fashion club,a bit expensive but well worth it in the end :lol: i do not like beer bars,ugly women.I have lived in thailand for 5 years(3 in bangkok) but have only been in pattaya for 2 years so yes maybe a newbie compared to some of you guys :lol:

Well if you are seeking good looking women, Rayong has Pattaya beat but the fact that is number one in HIV in Thailand may not make it such a wise choice.

You may not be a newbie in terms of years lived in Thailand but I wonder if you go out every night and also work during the daytime.

A lot of people who live here do not need to work and are out almost every evening.

Your statement about beer bars is obviously flawed unless you have visited at least a small percent say 500 on a regular basis for a couple of years.

The old timers have bar managers call them when someone exciting shows up from out of town.

If you want to play the dance before you pay game the kind of club you mention is great as long as you like the music and understand the rules.

I would say he was an older guy who does not drink much or like women. Probably does not know much about the bar scene.

Then why has he chose Thailand to live in then ?...:blink:

I have never figured it out. I guess it will always remain a mystery to me.

I know people who live in the most beautiful places in the world who spend half of the year in Thailand. It’s for the women. That I can understand.

It is not like it is any secret. There are more hookers per capita here than any other place in the world. That sets the tone of the entire country.

And yet people come to Thailand and rant about it’s major attraction.

I would say he was an older guy who does not drink much or like women. Probably does not know much about the bar scene.

I know people who live in the most beautiful places in the world who spend half of the year in Thailand. It's for the women. That I can understand.

It is not like it is any secret. There are more hookers per capita here than any other place in the world. That sets the tone of the entire country.

And yet people come to Thailand and rant about it's major attraction.

i have read some where thats iit is only 10 % of total tourists that come thailand for the sex scene

fail to see what all this has to do with original topic seems whenever marky gets invovled the talk gets to bars,prostitutes,sex boring boring:lol:

Yes many people here dont need to work,but i am 31 so i cannot retire yet.Plus the job i have pays me a very good wage (western wage) anyway i guess nobody picked up yet that i am only winding people up about the bars and soi bukhao :lol:

Apologies......................:lol: i love all the bars in pattaya even the shyt ones.:jap:

Sometimes i have to drive through that wretched place.It should all be demolished,just full of english filth.

I could be wrong,but as soon as I saw this poster,it reminded me of a certain Canadian who keeps posting nonsense on many Pattaya boards.Is that you,Harris???

I know people who live in the most beautiful places in the world who spend half of the year in Thailand. It's for the women. That I can understand.

And yet people come to Thailand and rant about it's major attraction.

i have read some where thats iit is only 10 % of total tourists that come thailand for the sex scene

fail to see what all this has to do with original topic seems whenever marky gets invovled the talk gets to bars,prostitutes,sex boring boring:lol:

You are right I am off topic. Sorry. I'll stop posting in this thread.

Never mind the entire thread seems to have gone off topic for the moment, I wonder if we can get back there please :whistling:

Never mind the entire thread seems to have gone off topic for the moment, I wonder if we can get back there please :whistling:

dont suppose there is any update to whart has happened bar closed or belgium fined maybe deported what is the usual outcome of cases like this.........

dont suppose there is any update to whart has happened bar closed or belgium fined maybe deported what is the usual outcome of cases like this.........

As far as I know is that Andre is released.

As far as I know is that Andre is released.

Yes but they kept his passport. Seems however an other barowner was involved.

yermanee

the Thai economy is doing fine. Agricultural and manufacturing exports make up most of the Thai economy, with tourism a nice cherry on top.

The 'Thai' economy is doing ok due to weaknesses' in the western currencies. And despite the SET figures that you quote etc..........does not actually mean they are accurate.

And the other 90% lied....:whistling:

Took some friend to the airport and they were given questionaires from TAT by some young collage girls (in standard uniforms). "Why you visit? - temples, etc" question came up. Nothing on the form about the bar / nightlife scene, so they wrote under OTHER - "Visit bars and Gogos". Handed the forms back and we saw the girls read the form and look back at us in suprise, but not horror.

soi Bua Khow is a cesspit

probably very true, but a bit off-topic lol

It is all new and sparkling. I preferred it 12-15 years ago when it was tin shack beer bars and Soi Diana was still a dirt track. Now a concrete jungle with loads of EMPTY shophouses. Look at the Shinning Star development on Soi Leng Kee. The Vogue Hotel has opened but only 2-3 shophouses have been occupied.

I live near the area because there are no houses on Walking Street and crossing Sukhumvit Road is a death trap at night. I drive around Thailand, so realise why the girls want the golden sparkle of Pattaya compared with 4,000 a month on the factory lines, or less in the paddy fields.

Yes, I am a pensioner, but finances from UK taxed investments, so pour money into the Thai economy.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Many people do not know that 10% of the "Fine" goes to the person who reports the "Infringer".

Rarely is a "Receipt" issued and also rarely does the guy get deported unless they make a fuss, as it leaves the "cash supply" in place for the next "Raid". Also, if the place closes, more Thai workers are thrown out of a job.

In TV a couple of weeks ago, I read of a guy in a Walking Street Bar being "Fined" 50,000 baht for SHAKING HANDS!

AMDT for typos

Edited by grahamhc

Sorry to hear about this incident, since it could mean trouble for many others too. I have a minimart, and my TGF takes care of it, but sometimes she has to go to the hong nam, so I sit in for her. Am I stupid for this, maybe so, but its a fact of life. I dont feel Im taking work from Thai's, but I am giving her work. We are not making money at this business, but this is just a chance to be together. If someone has a bar or minimart or other small business here, they he is of course doing some work also, but should he be arrested, I think not.

Are we farangs just supposed to give our TGF a wad of cash and say "start a business"? We are the managers, in one way or the other, with contacts, know how or just our own ideas. According to some, if we even open our mouth, we are "working", so should be arrested and deported. Yes, we do put a lot of money into the Thai economy, one way or another.

Could be we should be watching out for each others backs, instead of stabbing.

Sorry to hear about this incident, since it could mean trouble for many others too. I have a minimart, and my TGF takes care of it, but sometimes she has to go to the hong nam, so I sit in for her. Am I stupid for this, maybe so, but its a fact of life. I dont feel Im taking work from Thai's, but I am giving her work. We are not making money at this business, but this is just a chance to be together. If someone has a bar or minimart or other small business here, they he is of course doing some work also, but should he be arrested, I think not.

Are we farangs just supposed to give our TGF a wad of cash and say "start a business"? We are the managers, in one way or the other, with contacts, know how or just our own ideas. According to some, if we even open our mouth, we are "working", so should be arrested and deported. Yes, we do put a lot of money into the Thai economy, one way or another.

Please take your story to immigration and the police station on soi 9.Let us know if they agree with you.

p.s.: I agree wholeheartedly with you but I'm not a thai.

Yes and preferably after doing that they would like us bugger off back to our home countries :bah:

I'd like to ask a very stupid question, I hope you will forgive me...

A bar/restaurant/mart business should have enough Thai employees to warrant a work permit for the owner?

Why don't these people get a work permit?

I know many bar owners have one and are allowed to work in their bar.

A bar/restaurant/mart business should have enough Thai employees to warrant a work permit for the owner?

I doubt that for a bar you can get a workpermit.Maybe for an upscale restaurant or a foodmart,but I'm sure that a beerbar doesn't classify.

I doubt that for a bar you can get a workpermit.Maybe for an upscale restaurant or a foodmart,but I'm sure that a beerbar doesn't classify.

There are plenty of farang bar managers with work permits. Larry at Secrets for a start.

If they closed, the employees would be gainfully employed in other areas of the growing service and manufacturing sectors and the buildings re-rented to more socially useful business.

Your serious aint you ???........:whistling:

Most definitely...get out of the fereng ghettos sometime and see the real Thailand and its booming (non-fleshpot) economy [Thai stock market up 20% YTD...USA market flat YTD!].

I cant get out of the Farang ghetto and see the real Thailand..cos I dont live in Farang ghetto to start with....;)

Pop quiz

Are you

A: A pensioner living in Issan, and therefore you are at one with Thainess and really know the real Thailand ----

B: An "English teacher" living on the bones of their arse dreaming of being the next George Soros,

C Dont even live in Thailand/or have just arrived and havent quite taken the rosey spectacles off ??

or..

D: On the run from the law. <_<

Sometimes i have to drive through that wretched place.It should all be demolished,just full of english filth.

I could be wrong,but as soon as I saw this poster,it reminded me of a certain Canadian who keeps posting nonsense on many Pattaya boards.Is that you,Harris???

PLEASE, let him stay away.