Erdinger Beer

keo

Mad Dog - 150B per bottle.

Rimping - 145B (well I guess all that air con and classical music ain't free)

Booze shop on corner of canal and hauy gaew - 125B.

Anyone know anywhere cheaper? Turning out to be an expensive habit!

Cheers

:burp: Not the same thing but try looking for an alternative!

the Thai-German Brewery at the back of carrefour has some very nice brews on sale.

Their lager which is very nice and always very cold and fresh is only 150B per liter (745B for half).

As I say, not the same thing but may be worth a look if your that side of town or fancy a change

Last time I was at the Tops in the basement of the Central on Suthep Road they had the Erdinger Pikantus (which is a dark weizenbock) or only 72.5 baht per 500 ml bottle. I suspect that they made a mistake when they marked the price one it since it was in-date and not old stock. I bought the last 5 bottles that they had on the shelf; it will be interesting to see if they restock it at the same price.

For the regular (white) Erdinger weissbeir, the prices you mention sound about in-line with what I recall seeing. But for that style of beer, I usually buy the Weihenstephaner or the Paulaner. It's all a matter of personal preference, but I think both of those two beers are more true to the Heffeweizen style than is the Erdinger. As I recall, the Rimping sells each of those for about 120 baht per 500 ml bottle.

You might want to try out the German microbrewery place being the Carrefour as someone else mentioned but my hunch is that if you are a fan or the better bottled German heffewiezens that you will be disappointied by the German microbreweries offerings.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Cool, thanks I'll check out the microbrewery.

Checked Tops in Kad Suan Gaew, but couldn't see any German beers.

The booze shop on the corner of canal and hauy gaew has Erdinger glasses for sale - 150B each.

What about Number 1 bar, do they sell Belgian beers to take home? If so, what are the prices?

The booze shop on the corner of canal and hauy gaew has Erdinger glasses for sale - 150B each.

What about Number 1 bar, do they sell Belgian beers to take home? If so, what are the prices?

There are some Belgians available from Meals on Wheels. I think that they are getting them from the No. 1. The Rimping near the Iron Bridge usually has some in stock too; generally about 150 or 160 Baht for a small bottle of brands such as Kasteel, Petrus, Kwak, and Maredsous.

I hadn't heard of the Booze Shop before. Do they have a good selection of imports?

Edited by OriginalPoster

There are some Belgians available from Meals on Wheels. I think that they are getting them from the No. 1. The Rimping near the Iron Bridge usually has some in stock too; generally about 150 or 160 Baht for a small bottle of brands such as Kasteel, Petrus, Kwak, and Maredsous.

I hadn't heard of the Booze Shop before. Do they have a good selection of imports?

It's not called the Booze Shop, I don't know what the name is, and just called it the booze shop!

It is a fairly large shop, with a lot of spirits and wines. Not many imported beers though, from what I can remember.