The Village Chippy Pattaya

notobnoxious

Having returned from the UK after nearly a year and having read many many threads about this Fish and Chip shop on the net I decided to go there with my Wife last night.

I can only say it was excellent.

The Place is spotlessly clean, The Fish and Chips albeit Idaho Potatoes not local ones were delicious.

The Curry Sauce was Exactly! Quote Exactly like in the UK.

The Mush Peas also.

The waitress handed me a large Laminated Order menu so as to make our ordering easier but in fact she like all of the staff spoke english.

The price at the end was also very very competitive.

I will visit the other new F&C's in the near future.

Keep up the good work management and I see you are opening a fully blown Chinese Restaurant and Take away as well as a Wine Bar Terrace above.

All good for Pattaya.

It is good value,but your gushing terms are not quite to the mark with a few other comments heard,the chips for one have had a few barbed comments,but the HP sauce washes it all down well,the mushy peas are a bit of a let down, for me anyway .

The other F and C place you maybe referring to is twice the price,but at least your not sat on the pavement. There is one more establishment that is regarded as the best F and C place on the adjacent road

It is good value,but your gushing terms are not quite to the mark with a few other comments heard,the chips for one have had a few barbed comments,but the HP sauce washes it all down well,the mushy peas are a bit of a let down, for me anyway .

The other F and C place you maybe referring to is twice the price,but at least your not sat on the pavement. There is one more establishment that is regarded as the best F and C place on the adjacent road

I am at a loss as to where any of these Fish & Chip shops you are refering to are located....am I the only one?

any[/u] of these Fish & Chip shops you are refering to are located....am I the only one? /quote]

You are not alone . I have been to Simons but the names and locations of the others are also a mystery.

i love Fish 'n Chips and would try the others when i am in Patts if i knew where to go.

I am at a loss as to where any of these Fish & Chip shops you are refering to are located....am I the only one?

You are not alone.

I heard about The Village Chippy and all I knew was that it was on 3rd Road and across from the Fire Station. There is a Fire Station in Pattaya?

Anyway, the place is located off 3rd Road and about 500 meters from Soi Lenkee heading towards Jomtiem. There is a sign on 3rd Road at the intersection of the small Soi. The place is called The Village Chippy as it is located in side of a village, which I never knew was there.

I only found the place as I was on the scooter and saw the sign on 3rd Road. If fact while I was there another customer came in and told the staff of his difficulty in finding the shop with the supplied map on the back of the menu. He gave some suggestions on improving the map, but it was dismissed.

There is also a new Fish & Chip shop on Soi Lenkee across from Opey De Place Hotel. I cannot recall the name.

And yet another Chippy on 2nd Road and I think it is between Soi 7 and Soi 8.

You are not alone.

I heard about The Village Chippy and all I knew was that it was on 3rd Road and across from the Fire Station. There is a Fire Station in Pattaya?

Anyway, the place is located off 3rd Road and about 500 meters from Soi Lenkee heading towards Jomtiem. There is a sign on 3rd Road at the intersection of the small Soi. The place is called The Village Chippy as it is located in side of a village, which I never knew was there.

I only found the place as I was on the scooter and saw the sign on 3rd Road. If fact while I was there another customer came in and told the staff of his difficulty in finding the shop with the supplied map on the back of the menu. He gave some suggestions on improving the map, but it was dismissed.

There is also a new Fish & Chip shop on Soi Lenkee across from Opey De Place Hotel. I cannot recall the name.

Wow, that sounds like Pattaya is developing into the next Fish and Chips Hub of South East Asia. :o

The complaint about the potatoes at The Village Chippy is that they use frozen ones. It is indeed located inside The Village.

The one on Soi Lengkee is called The Jolly Friar.

I have tried both, and I prefer The Jolly Friar by far. Great chips (fresh potatoes apparently), nice fish with nice batter, quite thin.

When I had fish and chips at The Village Chippy, when I got the food home, the batter fell off the fish and I had a pile of fried batter and a fish filet. Definitely not as appealing. Might be a one off, but that was my experience.

You are not alone.

Wow, that sounds like Pattaya is developing into the next Fish and Chips Hub of South East Asia. :o

gooseys on 2 nd road park in tops-------------have to pay now------------and walk away from tops on 2nd road see a short distance on right

try the small local fish one at 120 baht if you want to try it out first--------------very good