Supercar Thailand 2010

chav

This weekend (21st & 22nd August) at Bira circuit Pattaya will be rounds 5 and 6 of Super Car Thailand.

There is a delegation of New Zealand drivers with their cars racing to. It should be pretty interesting because these are the cars and drivers:

Craig Court - Ford (Spec car to confirm)

Cameron Jones - Mazda RX666 (4,000 cc turbo)

Andy Green - Jaguar XKR (6,000 cc engine N/A)

Lee Brennan - BR2 (5,400 cc engine N/A)

Malcolm - Dodge VIPER GTSR (8,000 cc engine N/A)

Wayne Wonder - Chevrolet (5,800 cc engine N/A)

Official website for super car is here: http://www.supercarthailand.com/main.php

And some details on the visitors here: http://www.motorsportlives.com/supercar-news-15.html

Can you please give directions from Pattaya or GPS coordinates....I looked at the website and the map left me a little confused as I am not real familiar with the area as of yet.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike, this should help.

http://wiki.worldflicks.org/bira_international_circuit.html#coords=(12.9214895,101.00910545)&z=16

Also Bira site is:

http://www.bira.co.th/

Are these guys allowed to just turn up and enter if they have not been racing throughout the season? Sure will make it a bit more interesting, maybe you can get them to take out the Toyotas :ph34r:

Are these guys allowed to just turn up and enter if they have not been racing throughout the season? Sure will make it a bit more interesting, maybe you can get them to take out the Toyotas :ph34r:

I think they have been invited (according to website) its a good PR stunt. They can race but no championship points - just trophies for the day if they can beat those Toymotors.

Chav, I'll run in "euroclassic" I need the points to be allowed to race in bansaen.... Will be a fun weekend with the supercars from downunder....

H

I missed the classics race how was it? As I was arriving your yellow monster was on its way back to bangers on a low-loader.

It was a great turn out, I have not seen that many down at Bira for a few years - its good to see the popularity increasing.

The NZ Super cars were fantastic to see, noise was awesome.

Chav, I'll run in "euroclassic" I need the points to be allowed to race in bansaen.... Will be a fun weekend with the supercars from downunder....

H

I missed the classics race how was it? As I was arriving your yellow monster was on its way back to bangers on a low-loader.

It was a great turn out, I have not seen that many down at Bira for a few years - its good to see the popularity increasing.

Agreed, and fantastic to put those pesky Toyotas in their place for once!!

H

Agreed, and fantastic to put those pesky Toyotas in their place for once!!

Well to put them into 2nd and 3rd anyway.

At one point there was oil between S1 & S2 which took the toyotas of into the greenery, they were able to keep staraight and continue though.