Scam

How does he know what they want??? or is he just assuming this?

There are touts in all resorts everywhere in the world...so what is new about this lot?

Maybe it's the "other operation" - they stop you up the road and GIVE you money...or the "other, other operation", they stop you and tell you they don't want your money....or maybe they are asking for directions and when you run off screaming they have to stop futher up the road and ask again...or maybe they just don't know how to change gear on the motorbike.....

If by Samui peninsula you mean Plai Laem, yes, it is a nice place to stay. It's very central. It has the madness of Chaweng 10 mins away and the calm of Bo Phut about the same 10 mins. Again, the type of beach you want you'll find all within 10 mins. I love it!

What's the name of the resort? I may know it.

ps you wont be harassed, and if anyone comes over to you (no one ever has to me) just smile and say 'no thank you'.

Yes it is www.samuipeninsula.com

I live up in Chiang Mai and have some family members coming for a visit. We're all heading to Samui for a few days and we're trying to find a quieter "family" beach that is not too exhorbant a price.

Samui Peninsula advertises on skyauction.com for $200/week. At this price, I figure it's worth a try.

I've been looking through the Samui branch just to see what people are talking about and I came across this thread. Thanks for your advice Suegha.

I have seen the resort & it is really lovely, very high spec & lots of facilities but you may have to go through the time share speil if you are getting cheap rates?? This would mean sitting through a 2hr presentation & probably hard sell too. The resort is also quite off the beaten track.

It looks very posh! However, I agree with Boo, I'd be a little bit suspicious. Try to find out as much detail as you can. Remember there's an abundance of 'cheap' accommodation all around the area. Whatever you want can be found.

Best of luck, enjoy yourself whatever you do.

Yes it is www.samuipeninsula.com

I live up in Chiang Mai and have some family members coming for a visit. We're all heading to Samui for a few days and we're trying to find a quieter "family" beach that is not too exhorbant a price. 

Samui Peninsula advertises on skyauction.com for $200/week.  At this price, I figure it's worth a try.

I've been looking through the Samui branch just to see what people are talking about and I came across this thread.  Thanks for your advice Suegha.

Read the small print; Tax and service charges of $195.00 per room, per 7 Night Stay is additional.

Another thing that catches the eye, is that they link to this site; http://www.qvcsamui.com/index.htm and not to this site; http://www.samuipeninsula.com/home/home.html

Even when on the samuipeninsula site, there doesn't seem to be any way to select a specific type of Pavilion Suite.

Seriously unimpressed.

Poor spelling throughout. Badly designed website. Rooms look nice, but seriously overpriced.

US$200 plus US$195 for a week in a hotel block is just ok value.

The special 'internet price' of 25000 baht per day is just pathetic.