Where To Buy This Kind Of "Ear" Syringe In Thailand

Jingthing

I have been having a hard time locating this kind of standard ear syringe in Pattaya. I think its called a bulb syringe and it needs to have the tapered tip (there is a second standard kind with a different kind of tip which I don't want but also have not located).

Why do I want one and why is this in the gay forum? If you have to ask, I ain't telling ...

post-37101-044411100 1282228991_thumb.gi

Edited by Jingthing

I bought one, it came with some ear wax removal liquid in a kit, one box. I think I bought it at the pharmacy in Tesco. I have also seen them in the baby department at Carrfore or Big C. They are used to suck things out of babies noses if they have a cold.

I bought one, it came with some ear wax removal liquid in a kit, one box. I think I bought it at the pharmacy in Tesco. I have also seen them in the baby department at Carrfore or Big C. They are used to suck things out of babies noses if they have a cold.

I bought one at Fascino across from Wat Chai on Pattaya Tai. Not sure why this is in the Gay Forum ... or maybe I'm hopelessly unkinky.

Edited by Suradit

I bought one at Fascino across from Wat Chai on Pattaya Tai. Not sure why this is in the Gay Forum ... or maybe I'm hopelessly unkinky.

You are talking about the WRONG kind of ear syringe. See the picture. Fascino S. Pattaya does NOT have the correct type of syringe, in or out of an ear wax kit.

But there is a store that does have the correct type sitting openly on their shelves (found it last night). It is Save Drug (a chain perhaps) in Pattaya located on the very bottom floor of Central Pattaya Beach. The correct type is a small syringe ball with a tapered tip.

Ear syringes, available in most

pharmacies, come in two styles: a blunt, wide tip meant only to cover the hole in your ear, and

a slender, tapered style for insertion into your ear canal. Be sure to purchase the slender,

tapered style and fill it with warm water.

from The Ins and Outs of Gay Sex by Stephen Goldstone, M.D.

The reasons you want a SMALL VOLUME of water for this are -- regular insertions of large volumes are unhealthy over time and also some water tends to be retained until "provoked" later causing a wet mess. Dr. G. suggests using a small volume of water from the ear syringe as it can be localized and more completely expelled.

Edited by Jingthing

I think that's slightly too much information. :o

I did put ear in quotes, didn't I? The other posters "pushed" it by promoting useless syringes. Better on the health forum? In any case, I thought it fit right here.

As long as the funky water is out of the bag, maybe people want to talk in more detail about cleaning practices. There are probably a lot of myths out there and some people may need the information.

Edited by Jingthing