Dutch Consulate

rickthailand

Yes, that should be him. I didn't know they were open, the website of the Dutch embassy isn't clear about that. It even list a consular visit at this address, making one wonder which services the honorary consul provides.

Or which services he receives, for that matter. :rolleyes:

Can't deny them a sense of humour though, Dutch Consulate located in a Coffee Shop. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Yes, that should be him. I didn't know they were open, the website of the Dutch embassy isn't clear about that. It even list a consular visit at this address, making one wonder which services the honorary consul provides.

Can't deny them a sense of humour though, Dutch Consulate located in a Coffee Shop. ;)

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Is that like the Amsterdam Coffee Shops??? :lol::whistling:

Sorry guys, but the dream will not come through. Yes, in the first place there were initatives to locate the consulate at a coffee shop of a Dutch entrepeneur, a real one, and certainly not the ones 'we' are famous for. Chiang Mai has absolutely nothing Amsterdam alike. Okay, one moat (canal) but no excursion vessels.

It will be accomodated in a proper office building but appearently without a time frame, that's to say, things are on the way but they are already a year or so. Maybe the delay is to blame to an old German writer /philospher who ones have said: in the low lands everything happens 50 years later!

The new dutch consulate is situated opposite Tesco Lotus Hang Dong in the office. Waiting for the official opening. Last time Peter told me that it would open officially august 15.

Thats great , very good news .

I wonder what kind of services they are able to give out .

My guess is that income clarification , proof of life and hope simple notary

statements are given out .

Do they give out new paspports ...?

The new dutch consulate is situated opposite Tesco Lotus Hang Dong in the office. Waiting for the official opening. Last time Peter told me that it would open officially august 15.

I wonder what kind of services they are able to give out .

My guess is that income clarification , proof of life and hope simple notary

statements are given out .

Do they give out new paspports ...?

They will do things like income clarification and proof of life but they won't give out passports. For passport renewal you have to go to Bangkok. You can collect it at the consulate.

Edited by koosdeboer

I wonder what kind of services they are able to give.

My guess is income clarification, proof of life and hope that simple notary

statements are given.

Do they issue new passports ...?

In the latter; nope, this requires special equipment for specific idintifying marks and only available at the ambassy in Bangkok. So you have go there but only once they will send it back after issuing to the consulate.

Proof of live only for the ABP and maybe other pension funds but not the state fund (AOW) this you'll have to do at the town hall. The rest they can do I suppose and hope why otherwise a consulate?

biggrin.gif

The "coffee shop" is called Mokador and they serve good 'stuff' (coffee, tea, breakfast etc. ;-) It's airconditioned as well.