Australian Red-Shirt Conor David Purcell To Be Deported From Thailand

webfact

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done ,I think its time for many foreigners to understand NOT to interfere in Thailand politics. After all we are only guests here . Hope this story will be set as example for the future.

We all have right to express our conscience. There are consequences however. With your type of thinking, the world will never become a better place.

...and the world keeps getting worse indeed.....

:huh:

Newspaper reporting is a job in Thailand that can be done by my niece of 6 years old. Reporters write down what they are told. Investigation? NO way, it could upset the rich and powerful. The chap had no choice of admitting to the charge. first of all, Thai courts are not independent at all and as such he could have been in a coma during the time it happened he will be found guilty anyhow. Secondly by not admitting the charges he would have received a far harsher sentence by admitting it he gets always half. That is why tens of thousands of poor people are sentenced to jail every year. no money to pay a lawyer, prosecutor, judge or policeman. Better to admit and serve half instead of double.Anyone wondered why a joker minister always demands that a culprit is found and arrested within 7 days or so? Simply because they pick someone up who does not have the means to fight the case. A foreigner is an easy target too.

Why do some people get involved in something that is of no concern to them, I am glad he is going and i hope others with the same view leave as well.

I wholeheartedly agree. None of us foreigners who spend our money and live here should have any opinion at all on anything to do with Thailand and should do an Oliver Twist and just hold out our bowls for as much sh*t, harassment and shakedowns as the Thais want to give us. None of us should complain, none of us should take any interest in human rights abuses, corruption or other unsavory practices.

We should all just forget everything we've ever thought about morals, integrity, fairness or honesty the moment we get off the plane and exist in out own little cocoons oblivious to anything that is going on around us - then this will be a very empty forum left just to people asking the price of a motorbike tire or where to buy Marmite :blink:

Agreed! These people are Drones. God forbid a "foreigner" should speak up. That guy had balls. He rolled the dice, followed his conscience and you guys mock him for it. You people should people should take a shower in Dacau!

• Like 1

Why do some people get involved in something that is of no concern to them, I am glad he is going and i hope others with the same view leave as well.

This guy wasn't dealing with a full deck of cards. I mean, an expired passport and bummin' cash. Maybe attention or as a means to sustain himself here. Only thing is you know he's out there somewhere!

Well done ,I think its time for many foreigners to understand NOT to interfere in Thailand politics. After all we are only guests here . Hope this story will be set as example for the future.

We all have right to express our conscience. There are consequences however. With your type of thinking, the world will never become a better place.

Did you protest in front of Thaksin's house when he butchered and murdered people during the so called drug cleansing?

There's a time and place to protest peacefully.

I am sorry, but I must have missed the reports of Taksin Butchering and murdering people during the crackdown on drug dealing. Do you have pictures of him butchering these people. Such Drivel, you should be ashamed of yourself. Sounds like a Democrat in America blaming everything on George Bush.

Perhaps you should read more, rather than write more drivel!

Edited by Jimi007

He should've served the full 2 years. Thai court WAY TOO LAXED. How can you expect people to take the laws here seriously when all they do is give lenient sentences.

I'm sure he bloody well knew the consequences but joined in anyways because he let his emotions over-ruled his judgement or lack thereof.

Lucky Jerk! I hope they are deporting and black listing him as well. I think the Thais were being way to lax on this fool. <_<

This seems a fairly sensible resolution of a problem from a Thai court, and I'm glad Purcell can go home. I'd agree that he was extremely foolish to venture onto the red shirt stage, and might even go along with suggestions that he showed an inflated sense of self-importance and exaggerated his military prowess. I have to say though that I thought he had a point when he talked about Thai-style live fire zones and dodgy rules on the use of lethal force, which indeed were a million miles from anything he might have encountered in the ADF.

• Like 1

He should've served the full 2 years. Thai court WAY TOO LAXED. How can you expect people to take the laws here seriously when all they do is give lenient sentences.

And who DOES take Thai laws seriously? Anyone? Anyone?
I'm sure he bloody well knew the consequences but joined in anyways because he let his emotions over-ruled his judgement or lack thereof.

Happened to me last night too. But she was sooooo pretty and I do admit to having had one too many Changs.....

Did you protest in front of Thaksin's house when he butchered and murdered people during the so called drug cleansing?

I am sorry, but I must have missed the reports of Taksin Butchering and murdering people during the crackdown on drug dealing. Do you have pictures of him butchering these people. Such Drivel, you should be ashamed of yourself. Sounds like a Democrat in America blaming everything on George Bush.

What is drivel is suggesting that for someone to be responsible for the lives of innocent people they must not only have killed with their own bare hands but there must also be photographic evidence.

But to say that all foreigners should stay out of politic point of view is ridiculous. I dont know, but in my country we have Chinese, Arabs, Indians South Americans and Africans with various position in the government as deputies mayor and ministers...

This maybe so, but I bet all the abovementioned personages hold your countries passport and are citizens and not living in a country as a perpetual tourist ?

May I suggest as tourist, go walking through the middle of Washington DC and shoot your mouth off about the President, US involvment in Iraq etc etc and think you will find "freedom of speech" in action very quickly....:whistling:

In Canada our politicians represent the people who elected them or the Government who gave them plum positions 50% are not Canadian born but come from every country of the world. So an Indian or any other immigrant living in Canada thru his politician in parliament has the same rights as a person born in Canada. 50% of the population in Canada is not white. Forty years ago if you saw a negro you stared because it was not someone you saw often.

Dont send the bastard back here.Send him to New Zealand.

Not a chance of him being allowed into New Zealand...they have smarter people in immigration :rolleyes:

Maybe the Australians will have a look at his status and send him back to Ireland :unsure:

What's New Zealand or Ireland got to do with any of this. I think the Irish are by far smarter than either of you!

If you read the facts you will find that he is a naturalized Australian of original Irish nationality. His dual citizenship gives him the option of asking to return to Ireland. I hope the Australian Government acts slowly enough that he takes that choice.

So what your probably of Irish origin also if your an Ozzie.

"Because he was a foreigner he may not have understood the law."  I hope that this will apply to all of us if ever charged with anything in Thailand.
Please don't use this stupid axcuse. Else when we visit your country, we will say the same.

I wholeheartedly agree. None of us foreigners who spend our money and live here should have any opinion at all on anything to do with Thailand and should do an Oliver Twist and just hold out our bowls for as much sh*t, harassment and shakedowns as the Thais want to give us. None of us should complain, none of us should take any interest in human rights abuses, corruption or other unsavory practices.

We should all just forget everything we've ever thought about morals, integrity, fairness or honesty the moment we get off the plane and exist in out own little cocoons oblivious to anything that is going on around us - then this will be a very empty forum left just to people asking the price of a motorbike tire or where to buy Marmite :blink:

This one of the best, most intelligent, posts I have seen on Thaivisa in a long time.

Basically, the principle should be: No country ever has the right to invade another. But since invasion takes place at regular intervals in many places throughout human history, our Dear Leaders set us an example of how to behave in private.

So, comment away. I am not an Australian (thank God), but I reserve the right to comment on that country's politics from afar if I want to.

There's plenty countries crying out for the Quixotic and Hemingway-esque mortals among us. Just not too many of these have lax immigration, decent food, cold beer and the distaff attractions of LOS. I don't think "supporting development of democracy in Thailand" has the same pull as the Spanish Civil War or Zimbabwe Rhodesia or Myanmar Burma.

What is drivel is suggesting that for someone to be responsible for the lives of innocent people they must not only have killed with their own bare hands but there must also be photographic evidence.

I completely agree with you but the same criticism applies to those on TV who insist that the army never shot any reds, because of the absence of specific photographic evidence............

An Australian man arrested for joining violent anti-government street protests in Thailand is to be freed after pleading guilty

When dealing with an unruly toddler, it's amazing how effective a proper "time out" can be in correcting their temper tantrums:

conor2.jpg

It makes me angry just to see this guys' photo. Should be in a mental hospital.

I completely agree with you but the same criticism applies to those on TV who insist that the army never shot any reds, because of the absence of specific photographic evidence............

"The army never shot any reds" is an argument i have never heard being made. Who made it and when?

But to say that all foreigners should stay out of politic point of view is ridiculous. I dont know, but in my country we have Chinese, Arabs, Indians South Americans and Africans with various position in the government as deputies mayor and ministers...

This maybe so, but I bet all the abovementioned personages hold your countries passport and are citizens and not living in a country as a perpetual tourist ?

May I suggest as tourist, go walking through the middle of Washington DC and shoot your mouth off about the President, US involvment in Iraq etc etc and think you will find "freedom of speech" in action very quickly....:whistling:

In Canada our politicians represent the people who elected them or the Government who gave them plum positions 50% are not Canadian born but come from every country of the world. So an Indian or any other immigrant living in Canada thru his politician in parliament has the same rights as a person born in Canada. 50% of the population in Canada is not white. Forty years ago if you saw a negro you stared because it was not someone you saw often.

Comon Soutpeel don't be a fool all your life. We're not talking about DC and it's lack of freedom of speech through fear of having your face smashed in. We're talking about all the brave souls working for the likes of Amnesty International and individuals who stand up and make their voices heard in places that make DC look like a walk in the park. I'm sure Thailand is more dangerous than DC but anyone even an illegal immigrant has the right to express his or her opinion and the ones who do so knowing they will get beaten are pretty brave.

Basically if we're to follow your blinkered view on life then the civil rights movement should have just stayed at home and women should have shut up and forgot about getting the right to vote!