Australian National Brutally Bashed & Robbed In Pattaya

Rimmer

Australian National Brutally Bashed & Robbed in Pattaya

gallery_327_1086_147159.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An Australian national has been brutally bashed and robbed by approximately five Thai men while walking in central Pattaya on Thursday.

Pattaya, the 22nd of August 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 9:00pm on Thursday, Lieutenant Colonel Wallop Kangtharathip (Pattaya Police Investigator) was notified of an assault in Soi 6, Second Road, Central Pattaya. A team of officers were immediately dispatched to the incident to investigate.

At the scene, Second Road end of Soi 6, officers were confronted by Mr. Ramin Nazari [38] an Australian national. Mr. Nazari was suffering from a severely swollen and bruised face, while he was also struggling to stand on his own, assisted by several locals and rescue personnel. He was immediately taken to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital for treatment.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-08-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

happening alot lately! but what is this editors note: <deleted>?

Hi my friend onenut,

i wonder why a few of my mates that have been involved in trouble in the uk over the last few months didnt get a mention in the local papers.Football related and drink related incidents happen in their hundreds at the weekend in England and i wouldnt dare to guess how many in Scotland and South Wales.

We have an incident in soi 6 of all places and people jump on the bandwagon and say happening a lot lately.

Give over man

• Like 1

Hi my friend onenut,

i wonder why a few of my mates that have been involved in trouble in the uk over the last few months didnt get a mention in the local papers.Football related and drink related incidents happen in their hundreds at the weekend in England and i wouldnt dare to guess how many in Scotland and South Wales.

We have an incident in soi 6 of all places and people jump on the bandwagon and say happening a lot lately.

Give over man

[flame removed]

I dont know anybody who has been beaten and robbed. you must hang around with some rough sorts. but yes, I do agree with you that this would also happen in the UK and probably more often than here in Thailand. but as per my post, I think it is happening a lot more lately here in Thailand. I am sure there is more of this type of crime going on in Pattaya now than 5 years ago. probably happening more now in the UK as well! but I am not talking about the UK I am talking about Thailand.

yeah, sure the papers are printing about these crimes more than they were 5 years ago as well but I reckon crime in Pattaya is up by a big margin.

Edited by sabaijai
flame

Ha-ha , normally men only wear a waste bag when they have prostate problems , then it is strapped to thier thigh , as apposed to carrying money in a 'Fanny bag' which is strapped around the waist .

Being an American it may be a 'Fanny bag' but as the guy is an aussie it is a 'Bum bag'. Fanny is our slang for pussy.

Edited by Wallaby

Ha-ha , normally men only wear a waste bag when they have prostate problems , then it is strapped to thier thigh , as apposed to carrying money in a 'Fanny bag' which is strapped around the waist .

Whilst many others call them tit bags, because they are generally worn by tits.

Still a bit of a harsh beating though.

Whilst many others call them tit bags, because they are generally worn by tits.

Still a bit of a harsh beating though.

How about douche bag?

I was beaten and robbed last November in Sukumvidt. They smashed me in the head (several times) with a pipe fracturing my skull and causing a hematoma and permanent brain damage. My right hand is partially crippled because of the damage to my motor center, which really sucks because I'm right handed.

They only got 800 baht.

• Like 1

I was attacked by two guys with machetes near Klong Tan. It occurred at about 9 pm. Nearly lost a finger and the tip of a thumb from blocking one the machetes arcing toward my forehead. Bad business. Totally unprovoked.

I was also stabbed in the stomach with a 6 inch blade several years ago during a mugging near Saphan Kwai. Fortunately nothing vital was punctured and the wound was able to be treated with a number of stitches. I suspect it was because I, a foreigner, dared to enter one of the Thai go-go bars on Suthisan.

These things happen. My bad luck I guess.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I was beaten and robbed last November in Sukumvidt. They smashed me in the head (several times) with a pipe fracturing my skull and causing a hematoma and permanent brain damage. My right hand is partially crippled because of the damage to my motor center, which really sucks because I'm right handed.

They only got 800 baht.

Did they ever get the animals.

I cannot believe this was a standard bashing and robbery in Soi 6 at 9pm. There are a few ladyboy bars there now on the main Soi and I'm guessing he may have seriously offended someone to get bashed like that.

I wonder why an Aussie is walking around with US cash?

I cannot believe this was a standard bashing and robbery in Soi 6 at 9pm. There are a few ladyboy bars there now on the main Soi and I'm guessing he may have seriously offended someone to get bashed like that.

Uhh, second that...and let's throw some racism in too....Aussie??? :whistling:

Yes, I'm Aussie.

What has racism got to do with what I suggested, i.e. that this attack may have been provoked?

@tropo

guessing doesn't help anyone

Open your mind. It helps me and quite a few others to know if this type of attack was provoked or not. I was on Soi 6 with a friend on Friday night, so what happens there is of some concern.

Edited by tropo

This is a typical reaction by foreigners that have their nice holiday in Thailand, have an ongoing love of the place and then defend it through their blindness.

Firstly, no one is saying England is a prime place for living and vacationing. Thailand is promoted as a land of nice smiles, where Buddhism and kindness prevail, and foreigners are loved and welcomed. In reality we see time and again that is not the case, but you can continue to believe what you wish. Secondly, once you live in Thailand for a good while, you see how incidents like these are possible all the time, along with the tenions between some locals and the foreign tourist population, and the hair-pin flash tempers that a good percentage of Thais have at times.

Perhaps if a new ad campaign started up saying something like "Thailand - no we sure as hel_l don't smile all the time, and you better remember it" or something, then articles like these wouldn't receive as much reaction.

Hi my friend onenut,

Give over man

Somtampax, always a pleasure.

I dont know anybody who has been beaten and robbed. you must hang around with some rough sorts. but yes, I do agree with you that this would also happen in the UK and probably more often than here in Thailand. but as per my post, I think it is happening a lot more lately here in Thailand. I am sure there is more of this type of crime going on in Pattaya now than 5 years ago. probably happening more now in the UK as well! but I am not talking about the UK I am talking about Thailand.

yeah, sure the papers are printing about these crimes more than they were 5 years ago as well but I reckon crime in Pattaya is up by a big margin.

things are getting rougher all over thailand,last week it was reported on here ,about Phuket having violent crime and drugs problems going through the roof.have they caught mister Lee from the U.K yet, who murdered an american over an argument and scuffle about muay thai.

They only got 800 baht.

Just wondering are you talking about Sukhumvit in Pattaya?

Reason I ask is because I live on Sukhumvit in Bangkok, and have been keeping my eyes open. On two separate occasions I actually stopped in my tracks and walked back and into a nearby store because of a pack of different rowdy looking guys I saw each time. I don't know what they were up to but they were looking for trouble.

Blimey it would be good when you lot realise that Pattaya. Phuket, Nana and Ko Samui are not the real Thailand.

They are areas of Thailand that the lowest form of pond life congregate (Thai and Foreigner).

And that means Upstanding people like TV posters sometimes get bashed and robbed. :whistling::lol: .

Of course i am not saying that every body who lives in these places are pond life.

There are many,many Good, wholesome Thai's and Foreigner's alike who live in these places. :D

I think you are mistaken. There is no area that can be called 'the real Thailand'. Tourist areas are one aspect, Bangkok another. The north is quite different from the northeast. Remote rural areas are quite different from the provincial ampher muangs. The deep south is different from the rest of the south. Island life differs from mainland life. These differences are all just different aspects of 'the real Thailand'.

Edited by way2muchcoffee
  • Like 1

Blimey it would be good when you lot realise that Pattaya. Phuket, Nana and Ko Samui are not the real Thailand.

They are areas of Thailand that the lowest form of pond life congregate (Thai and Foreigner).

And that means Upstanding people like TV posters sometimes get bashed and robbed. :whistling::lol: .

Of course i am not saying that every body who lives in these places are pond life.

There are many,many Good, wholesome Thai's and Foreigner's alike who live in these places. :D

Perhaps you don't realise that most foreigners live in the areas you mentioned. What's going in farming communities elsewhere is not of much interest to most of us.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

Perhaps you dodn't realise that most foreigners live in the areas you mentioned. What's going in farming communities elsewhere is not of much interest to most of us.

Perfect response from Tropo. My post was very tongue in cheek. showing that there are other parts of Thailand than just the places i mentioned. Farming communities haha. so every where that does not have a huge amount of foreigners is a farming community. Priceless.

The point of my post is that the things that happen in your communities has a DIRECT relation to the fact that a large amount of foreigners live there.

ps. waytomuchcoffe. Good answer. and i agree :D

pps. Is Las Vegas the real America Greed, selfishness. Yes you are correct. The real America

Edited by thaicbr

Yes, I'm Aussie.

What has racism got to do with what I suggested, i.e. that this attack may have been provoked?

I think he's trying to suggest that 'Aussie' is a racist term.

Which it isn't of course, some people are just completely ignorant on such matters.

In Pattaya, I suggest that 90% of violent crime against farang is not reported. For example within just the last few weeks I know of two incidents; one in Naklua and one in Jomtien that I felt sure would have been reported in the local press but were not. I think news agencies like Pattaya Daily News and Pattaya One News are 'given' just a few stories per week depending on strict orders to Pattaya police regarding violent crime reportage.

The incident in Jomtien about two weeks ago involved a 65 year old man who was knocked off his motorbike deliberately by yobs and robbed of a small quantity of valuables by four Thai thugs on motorbikes. Although Thai motorcycle taxis came to the rescue, the thugs quickly fled down Soi Chayapreuk.

The point I am making, is that violent crime against solo farang is definitely on the increase in Pattaya (for many reasons) and that in quiet areas after dark, young thugs do look out for 'easy victims'.

We don't know the full facts of this Soi 6 case. On the one hand I feel sure that there is more to the story, but these days I would not be totally surprised if it was an unprovoked case of violent theft from a man sporting an outrageous 'bum bag' which was most unwise.