Taking My Tgf On Holiday

I'm planning to take my gf on holiday with me in the first week of October. She has never been out of Thailand so it's a new experience for her. :)

Can anyone recommend me a nice place to go to with a thai girl? I've heard some horror stories here on TV about thai girls being denied entrance to certain countries, even when they have pre-obtained a valid visa for entry so i'd like to check with you guys. For me any country in Asia will do except if it takes longer than 4 hours to reach it and if the majority of the population is muslim (personal choice, i just don't like it).

What about Hong Kong? Is it worth a visit? The budget for a 6 days trip is 100k THB.

Vietnam is good but Laos may be even better because she can speak the language there (Lao very similar to Thai. Luang Prabang is very interesting (3 nights max). Also, we never had any problem in Singapore or HK and expect KL would be fine. We always registered in hotel as Mr& Mrs and they never asked for her passport, which was just as well because she had her maiden name passport even after we got married. Note that all of the ASEAN countries do not require a visa for Thais, get 30-days on arrival.

Singapore comes highly recommended according to another thread running on this board, especially when travelling with a female Thai partner ! :whistling:;)

Singapore is perfectly okay, and a nice destination. Whilst the OP of that other thread had an unfortunate experience, this should hardly put people off - thousands of Thai girls go to Singapore every year with little or no such problems.

My GF really liked Singapore, her first trip out of Thailand. We did one of those 4day-3night deals frequently advertised in the Bangkok Post.

Hong Kong/Macao we did on our own for three nights; she loved it.

When I can afford it, Bali will be next.

When I took her to Laos, she was very disappointed: "Same my home." (Isarn)

IMHO, Hong Kong is tops. Fantastic place to visit. Singapore is good for shopping, but too sterile and too expensive. She would probably like it as it is very modern, but HK is a really beautiful place. Macau can be done via a day trip, Stanley Market is a fun day trip, Victoria Peak is great, and just walking around HK is a blast.

My wife has been to Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. Like said above, most are same same...except Singapore and HK. She loves Singapore, but only for shopping. For being a tourist and seeing sights, HK is tops for her. She felt the people in Malaysia were no fun...

She also loved Bali and can't wait to go back. Very romantic and truly a tropical paradise...if you avoid Kuta!

You will have a blast as you will get to enjoy her excitement. Have a great time wherever you go!

Suggest you bring her to Bali if you want her to spend more time with you. The temptation to shop in HK and S'pore will be too great for a first-timer out of the country, and you will end up walking through shops with her rather then having an intimate time together.

In addition, a brand new untraveled passport may also ring bells with immigration in HK and S'pore.

I am planning to bring my TGF to Singapore for a few days, then hop on the Star Cruise Singapore to Phuket (about 4 days trip) then back to Bangkok. The cruise offers plenty - stops in KL for shopping - good bargains, plenty of food. I think a lot of Thais would love a luxury cruise

HK and Macau would be great.

If you dont mind to fly with low-cost airline I suggest you book flight from Air Asia as this route; BKK - HK and Macau - BKK

You can go to Macau from HK by Terbo Jet.

Stay in HK ~ 3 - 4 days and then go to Macau.

If you want to shop maybe change the route as BKK - Macau and HK - BKK.

I have been S'pore once I think 6 days at there are too much.

For Vietnam, Loa PDP, and Cambodia, that period is not a good season to go.

I love Loa PDP (Northern Loa), but the best time to go is winter, Dec or Jan.

VangVieng and LuanPrabang is the worth place to visit

Wish you will have a great holiday

Fly to singapore cross the bridge into Malaisia and tour, fantastic place, also ever considered Vietnam.

The OP doesnt like Countries with a majority Muslim population which Malaysia and Indonesia clearly has.

Especially as its the month long Muslim Ramadam observance now you shouldnt even consider Malaysia, as the Mullahs and Religious nuts will be skullking around trying to spoil your fun given a wisker of a chance...mai sanook!

I am positive other posters could eloborate on thier Malaysian Ramadan experiences?

Budget 100k for the week ? She is onto a winner - especially if you can/choose to maintain that level of expenditure.

It also depends where your Thai girlfriend is from. If she i shiso Chinese then you are pitching about right.

If she is from a working background then you can have a perfectly good time on less than half that amount.

I would add to the Bali recommendations and I would also consider Langkawi.

Holiday are very personal things and recommendations are difficult without knowing the people or their backgrounds. The above places are a safe bet though and no difficulty in Thais entering.

@ DDDdave, How much did you pay for that BKK post deal? I might grab a copy today and check for some deals.

Singapore is definately on my to-visit list but not with my tgf. I'm a bit scared she will be denied entrance after reading some bad stories.

IMHO, Hong Kong is tops. Fantastic place to visit. Singapore is good for shopping, but too sterile and too expensive. She would probably like it as it is very modern, but HK is a really beautiful place. Macau can be done via a day trip, Stanley Market is a fun day trip, Victoria Peak is great, and just walking around HK is a blast.

My wife has been to Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. Like said above, most are same same...except Singapore and HK. She loves Singapore, but only for shopping. For being a tourist and seeing sights, HK is tops for her. She felt the people in Malaysia were no fun...

She also loved Bali and can't wait to go back. Very romantic and truly a tropical paradise...if you avoid Kuta!

You will have a blast as you will get to enjoy her excitement. Have a great time wherever you go!

I think my gf will like HK because it's modern. When we watch a movie she's always talking about the surroundings, she loves to see a "modern" country.

About the people in malaysia i've experienced that as well, very unfriendly so i'm probably not taking my gf there.

I am planning to bring my TGF to Singapore for a few days, then hop on the Star Cruise Singapore to Phuket (about 4 days trip) then back to Bangkok. The cruise offers plenty - stops in KL for shopping - good bargains, plenty of food. I think a lot of Thais would love a luxury cruise

How much does such a cruise cost? I've never done a cruise before, sounds interesting.

The OP doesnt like Countries with a majority Muslim population which Malaysia and Indonesia clearly has.

Especially as its the month long Muslim Ramadam observance now you shouldnt even consider Malaysia, as the Mullahs and Religious nuts will be skullking around trying to spoil your fun given a wisker of a chance...mai sanook!

I am positive other posters could eloborate on thier Malaysian Ramadan experiences?

Yeah that's exactly what i'm afraid of, religious nuts telling me what i can or can't do. I respect their rules, but if i don't like it i just don't visit their country. I've been to Malaysia, UAE, Oman and Egypt. The people are so unfriendly especially in the gulf region, it's just not my thing.

Although i've heard the people in Indonesia (Bali) are friendly.

Budget 100k for the week ? She is onto a winner - especially if you can/choose to maintain that level of expenditure.

It also depends where your Thai girlfriend is from. If she i shiso Chinese then you are pitching about right.

If she is from a working background then you can have a perfectly good time on less than half that amount.

I would add to the Bali recommendations and I would also consider Langkawi.

Holiday are very personal things and recommendations are difficult without knowing the people or their backgrounds. The above places are a safe bet though and no difficulty in Thais entering.

She's from isan, working class girl. She's very very excited about our trip haha.

I'm 26 and she's 29. We like to do sightseeing and go out party some nights.

Personally i prefer to go to a nice tropical beach resort or something because i need some days away from hectic Bangkok, but i'm doing this trip for her. Maybe we can mix it up, few days HK and a few days at a nice beach resort if the budget allows it. Too bad she has negative thoughts about Laos, vietnam etc.

I'm planning to take her on more trips, next trip is to go skiing around November/December in Switzerland or Canada if she's allowed to enter.

As few have already suggested, you should go to HK.

The weather in October is cool and not humid. It is the best city in Asia to enjoy a short break as you can have the best shopping, food, nightlife, etc.

Once in HK, I will also suggest you to visit Macau ( 2d 1n ) and take the Venetian Hotel + magical Zaia show.

Cheers

How much does such a cruise cost? I've never done a cruise before, sounds interesting.

Star cruise 5 days 4 nights (I think) cruises run from 500SGD per person up, depending on season and cabin class. All meals included. Best you visit an agent in Bangkok to work out a fly-cruise price if you are keen on going this route.

My girl is also from Isaan and you she goes all excited when we speak about snow.....then after half an hour, she wants to go back to scorching Loei! We've been to Zurich and London...her excitement with farang countries and the weather seemed to last only for a day! I am sure I am generalising...but, without som tum, poo pla lah etc, she doesn't think life is so good!

Not everyone has sea legs...so be prepared for sea sickness or else you be wasting time and money.

Hong Kong could be a great place to visit. The best thing about Hong Kong is the diverse mixture of culture there. Three days would be enough to experience the best of the city.

Must visit places in HK includes:

1) Hong Kong Disneyland

2) Hong Kong Museum of Art

3) Ocean Park

4) Victoria Peak

5) Water World

6) Hong Kong Space Museum

If you wish to enjoy the beauty of HK with your girlfriend in your personal car or 3 days, then rent a car for your trip and book online through reliable service providers like http://www.australiarentcar.com/ which I preferred during my visit. Enjoy the classic Hong Kong experiences of endless shopping and don't forget to take in Hong Kong's spectacular night views.

Food, you never mentioned it. Take an Issan girl out of Thailand for the first time it can be a shock to the system. I was also in Langkawi 2 weeks ago during Ramadam, stll having my beer on the beach at lunchtime as usual. Anyone who has been there will tell you its one of the most laid-back places in SE Asia, Muslim or not. A pity you don't like Malaysia, good way to test your gf's ability to enter Singapore is through the causeway at Johor, if she does not get entry she just turns around and walks back, a very different scenario from being deported from Singapore airport.

You think too much.

My missus is from Isaan and she loved Langkawi, Bali and KL.

They are like a fish out of water when YOU have the upper hand with the language but she/we was/were lucky in Langkawi when we discovered a local restaurant had a Thai chef.

Remember also that they believe that everything Thai is the best in the world - be careful when making your own comparisons.

It soulds like you know your GF well and you have seen a bit. You know what she likes. Don't be put off by the Muslim majority in Indonesia - it is not rammed down your throat in tourist areas but it helps if you both like Indian food.

You think too much.

They are like a fish out of water when YOU have the upper hand with the language but she/we was/were lucky in Langkawi when we discovered a local restaurant had a Thai chef.

Remember also that they believe that everything Thai is the best in the world - be careful when making your own comparisons.

It soulds like you know your GF well and you have seen a bit. You know what she likes. Don't be put off by the Muslim majority in Indonesia - it is not rammed down your throat in tourist areas but it helps if you both like Indian food.

My sentiments exactly cardholder. BTW, the Langkawi place you mentioned wasn't the "Hideout" was it, hidden deep in the rice paddies ? Thai woman there cooks like a dream.

You think too much.

My sentiments exactly cardholder. BTW, the Langkawi place you mentioned wasn't the "Hideout" was it, hidden deep in the rice paddies ? Thai woman there cooks like a dream.

No roamer, but I will lokk for it next time - thanks

Vietnam is good but Laos may be even better because she can speak the language there (Lao very similar to Thai. Luang Prabang is very interesting (3 nights max).

Go see Laos, and not just Luang Prabang.

The Wife and I had a wonderul holiday there cruising to different parts in a new mini-bus (just us 2 and the driver who could speak English).

All the stop over accomodation was good also, but the rooms and service at our last stop in Luang prabang were an excellent suprise.

We pre-arranged the trip through a Guy called Sisombat, check his website out at www.villatreasure.com

And no i dont have any interest in the business, just giving credit where credit is due.