I'm on tourist visa, and have account at Bangkok bank?

Last time when i asked them, i am not sure if they

understood exactly what realy i wanted, and told me

they don't offer it

which bank offers Visa debit card (Means no credit is

gvien, your saving/cash account is debited for the

same amount, at the same time)?

I need to have it, as somtimes i need to make a purchase

over internet that offers paypal service, because paypal

don't have service of United Arab Emirates

Thank you for some recommandation.

Edited by U_THAIED_UP_THAIED

BE1st is not a visa debit card. It only has visa electron which you can use for purchases only if you are physicaly in a shop and it is dedited from your account.

You cant use this to purchase online of as a deposit for car hire.

I don't think Bangkok Bank's debit card allows for international internet purchases. You probably want to ask specific questions about the card beforehand.

Besides that, most/many international online retailers will cancel any debit/credit card purchase from an address in Thailand.

Nope,

Can't get a real visa debit card with any bank in Thailand. They only offer the visa electron cards, which are useless on the internet.

Kasikorn bank offers the e-web card, but this isn't really a card! It's just a virtual card meaning you only get a card number you can use.

However they don't give you the three digit security code found on the back of a regular card, rendering this e-web thing virtually useless since all on-line merchants require this code nowadays!

Link: Kasikorn E-web card

Kasikorn

"e-Web Card

One of the latest innovations from KASIKORNBANK, the e-Web Card gives you purchasing power in cyberspace, allowing you to purchase products from around the world without leaving the convenience of your home or office. Take advantage of the best deals the web has to offer with the KBANK e-Web Shopping card, available in a variety of amounts, starting from 2000 baht.

Benefits

Shop online securely and conveniently with the e-Web card from KBANK, designed to give you access to the best the web has to offer.

Secure, online shopping with a maximum limit of 100,000 baht"

------------

Grossly inaccurate if it doesn't have the 3 numbers on the back of the card!

BKK Bank allows 500,000 cash withdrawals from their ATMs?

Edited by udon

Nope,

Can't get a real visa debit card with any bank in Thailand. They only offer the visa electron cards, which are useless on the internet.

Kasikorn bank offers the e-web card, but this isn't really a card! It's just a virtual card meaning you only get a card number you can use.

However they don't give you the three digit security code found on the back of a regular card, rendering this e-web thing virtually useless since all on-line merchants require this code nowadays!

Link: Kasikorn E-web card

I have the Kasikorn e-webcard. Agree - Useless!

Thanks everyone for replies, but i haven't found solution to

my problem.

I don't understand why thailand banks don't offer this, as

there is no security issue, even with credit cards, where in

Dubai, they block some money against your card (they

pay you % interst) and give you a credit limit accordingly.

No wonder why thai banks don't have large asset, right

KBank told me they are working on their e-web card and will have the 3 digit code soon, not sure when soon is.

You can use www.epassporte.com

They issue both a physical card that can be used in ATM and a e-web "card", just a number, that can be used for internet transactions. The card can be loaded from any other credit card.

I am not sure if I would accept an order from Thailand unless it is made with American Express card (I can verify the customers name and adress at American Express).

Debit cards often does not work on the internet.

Asking at the bank is useless, they usually don't know anything about creditcards and internet, beside that it is soooooo dangerous.

If someone needs a test, I can charge your cards with 1 euro from Europe, and tell you if it works. If it does not work, you can call Visa and ask why, sometimes a card is blocked for international use and Visa can remove that block.....

hope that info helps.

I don't think Bangkok Bank's debit card allows for international internet purchases. You probably want to ask specific questions about the card beforehand.

Besides that, most/many international online retailers will cancel any debit/credit card purchase from an address in Thailand.